• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

for all you watch aficionados. restoration of a rolex.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rolex is way, way out of my league....
Moi is more down to earth these days with activity trackers. It's light as a feather and gets accurate GPS time from my phone.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rolex is way, way out of my league....
Moi is more down to earth these days with activity trackers. It's light as a feather and gets accurate GPS time from my phone.
I thought you did watch mods and stuff? :o-o:

but yeah. weight is a big killer for me these days. your activity tracker require constant charging?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought you did watch mods and stuff? :o-o:

but yeah. weight is a big killer for me these days. your activity tracker require constant charging?
I have enough of the hobby and have seen the light, I guess age plays a big part here. When I put on my watch, I can feel the weight on my wrist and its discomfort is very apparent now compared to my younger days. I have stopped wearing watches for years and selling off my remaining watches.
Charging the tracker everyday is a small price to pay for the convenience and accuracy you get in return.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have enough of the hobby and have seen the light, I guess age plays a big part here. When I put on my watch, I can feel the weight on my wrist and its discomfort is very apparent now compared to my younger days. I have stopped wearing watches for years and selling off my remaining watches.
Charging the tracker everyday is a small price to pay for the convenience and accuracy you get in return.
oh... I didn't know....

yeah. when we get older convenience starts to matter more and more. that's why I asked about charging!! :roflmao:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That's my watch!!!

1639119433255.png

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

do you guys do this? @blackmondy? @glockman?
I have this vintage model 1500. Purchased late 1970s. Rolex service centre replaced the acrylic crystal once, However, it has not seen any wrist time in the past 20 yrs or so, after I took a fancy to larger watches 40-42mm. As for restoration or modding, I only touch seikos. So if I fucked up, it's not an expensive mistake.:biggrin:

my 1500 rolex.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Actually I feel much older wearing a watch now....but an activity tracker on my wrist immediately makes me feel young again !
I will probably die with a mechanical wrist watch on me. It's the only piece of "jewelry" I allow myself to wear. But I have stopped adding to my collection liao. Even when I am wearing a tracker during exercise, I still have my watch on the other wrist.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will probably die with a mechanical wrist watch on me. It's the only piece of "jewelry" I allow myself to wear. But I have stopped adding to my collection liao. Even when I am wearing a tracker during exercise, I still have my watch on the other wrist.
Good for you, bro. I have more or less given up this expensive hobby liao. Too much money and "time" invested over the decades. I now prefer to indulge in other more manageable hobbies in these uncertain times....