• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Food that goes well with coffee

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Beng and Ah Pek goes well with this and coffee

ham%20jim%20bang.JPG

Ah Neh goes well with this and coffee

2042275232_33ebab285d.jpg

James, Thomas and other yuppies goes well with this and coffee

336879314_8a7cdbe87d.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
For habitual coffee drinkers, what kind of food goes well with a cup of coffee ?

Have you come across anything special that is not available in Singapore ? I'm growing tired of the run-of-the-mill cheese cake, tiramisu, etc.

Coffee is best with packet nasi lemak, especially local coffee. It is a shame starbucks does not serve this food.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Coffee is best with packet nasi lemak, especially local coffee. It is a shame starbucks does not serve this food.

If starbucks were to serve nasi lemak, it will be ang mo smell. I would prefer to go with my favourite old skool coffee with a packet of old skool muslim nasi lemak or old skool muslim curry puff. :smile:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...I'm quite impressed with the effort put in by some of you guys.

But I'm not referring to what we eat at home. If you step into a cafe outlet like Spinelli or Starbucks, you get only cakes to go with coffee. What would you have liked instead of cakes ?

By the way, I am habitual coffee drinker but I drink traditional kopi tiam kopi-o. I never like to drink at starbucks or those Ang Mo Kopi joints. Their kopi is expensive and taste not shiok, hence can't figure out what to go along with Ang Mo Kopi. Maybe chocolates??? And the list of food that go well with the traditional kopi have been mentioned by the forum brudders above. I think Yew Tiao is a hot favourite. I like that as well...:biggrin:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the list of food that go well with the traditional kopi have been mentioned by the forum brudders above. I think Yew Tiao is a hot favourite. I like that as well...:biggrin:

I don't think it's a good idea to mix oily food with coffee. Soya bean drinks maybe.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I only drink coffee all my life, every morning
i must have one, hawker centre or coffee shop.
And i like to go with butterfly bun and kao teng kuek,
or some 娘惹糕点
One stall in Old Airport Road sell the best butterfly bun.
The hawker centre beside the wet market near Block 13.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think it's a good idea to mix oily food with coffee. Soya bean drinks maybe.

I don't dip youtiao or even biscuit into coffee, tea or even soya milk. I think it destroys the tastes on both sides. Even when eating western cereal, I don't soak the cereal in milk. I eat and drink separately.