• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fixed deposit rates are fast catching up with CPF OA's 2.5%!!!!!

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1660892228889.png

http://fy9.ln/H00Y0N

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a good thing, the increase of rates.
For too long the man in the street hard earned monies are paid a pittance , way below inflation rates when deposited in banks and allow the rich, includingthe PAP govt , to borrow at low cost for their businesses .
Its the poor financing the rich!

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
For too long the main in the street hard earned monies are paid a pittance , way below inflation rates when deposited in banks and allow the rich, includingthe PAP govt , to borrow at low cost for their businesses .
Good? Banks expect inflation to go up. May be 2.5% not enuf to cover loss in purchasing power. :unsure:

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
For too long the main in the street hard earned monies are paid a pittance , way below inflation rates when deposited in banks and allow the rich, includingthe PAP govt , to borrow at low cost for their businesses .

Those borrow happily buy condos how ah?

Peace Maker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, a lot of people that reaches 55 years old do not draw out their cpf but left it with cpf board to earn higher interest. So if banks interest rate rises above to 2.6% higher than the cpf ordinary account interest rate, you withdraw out all your withdrawable & put it in the bank, within one year the bank interest rate fell below 2.5% or maybe back to 0.5%, will you still be laughing or crying. I don't think you can deposit back to the cpf account unless paying back you hdb loan in cash to the cpf ordinary account.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle say lansai lah KNN when bank interest was 0.5% cpf also 2.5% now bank high doesn't mean cpf need to follow.
Be clear minded KNN don't be a ai pee you ai qi person and you shall succeed like my wise uncle.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle say lansai lah KNN when bank interest was 0.5% cpf also 2.5% now bank high doesn't mean cpf need to follow.
Be clear minded KNN don't be a ai pee you ai qi person and you shall succeed like my wise uncle.
Look at gansiokbin as a sample - calculative ai pee you ai quite end up as a siao lang slut whore..何苦呢

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, a lot of people that reaches 55 years old do not draw out their cpf but left it with cpf board to earn higher interest. So if banks interest rate rises above to 2.6% higher than the cpf ordinary account interest rate, you withdraw out all your withdrawable & put it in the bank, within one year the bank interest rate fell below 2.5% or maybe back to 0.5%, will you still be laughing or crying. I don't think you can deposit back to the cpf account unless paying back you hdb loan in cash to the cpf ordinary account.

Money not in ur hands is not ur money.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these talk about Tat Lee, Keppel ect2 reminded me of the merger of local banks masterminded by 'the son' resulting in the loss of thousands of locals jobs in the financial sector and the invasion by CECA you see around you everywhere.
For example , OUB at that time was one of the biggest banks in this region making around $545 million profis pa and yet was pressurised to consolidate so that Singapore banks can be bigger to compete , totally lgnoring the fact that many of the biggest banks in the worls like Citi,Stanchart et2 were doing badly.
So PAP will go down in history as causing thousands of locals to lose their jobs in banking/finance and being replaced eventually by mainly CECA and what happen to the man that cause this?
He remained as the highest paid politician in history

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uob
10 mth @2.8%
12mth @2.9%
15 mth @3%

Subject to the ter nao queue though if you doesn't have online banking account.