• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishing kaki

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Easy. You must have a bright light with you aim it at the water. Sotong attract to bright light. Then use sotong jig cost about $2/pcs drop the jig in the light spot about 1m below the water and no need to put the bait on it.
Yes very fun using light rod max.PE3. Don't use super heavy rod will not be than FUN.
For me if there is lots/group of small sotong I will use net. For big one I will use Sotong JIG.
Take note be careful Sotong will bite U and is very painful(very painful for big one) small one u can try if never being bite before. And also be careful with it black in/liquid will spry out from it head and very hard to wash.
Good luck! Really FUN
ok. will go & buy a lantern to try it, thks.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need lantern la use normal ceilling lamp is OK. But if u insist of using lantern buy the red one, sotong like red color.

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need lantern la use normal ceilling lamp is OK. But if u insist of using lantern buy the red one, sotong like red color.

i am refering to those battery operated lantern.... are they powerful enough? possible to catch them by the beach during high tide?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am refering to those battery operated lantern.... are they powerful enough? possible to catch them by the beach during high tide?

I don't think you going to find sotong near the beach because maybe u can try jetty.

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Easy. You must have a bright light with you aim it at the water. Sotong attract to bright light. Then use sotong jig cost about $2/pcs drop the jig in the light spot about 1m below the water and no need to put the bait on it.
Yes very fun using light rod max.PE3. Don't use super heavy rod will not be than FUN.
For me if there is lots/group of small sotong I will use net. For big one I will use Sotong JIG.
Take note be careful Sotong will bite U and is very painful(very painful for big one) small one u can try if never being bite before. And also be careful with it black in/liquid will spry out from it head and very hard to wash.
Good luck! Really FUN

Fresh live baby squid ! After you catch them , put them over ice to chill it or if you got clean ice than soak in ice water for 5 min, after that eat with wasabi/soy soyce. Out of this world bros! yummy yummy . Try it yourself..............feel hungry liao:biggrin::p

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fresh live baby squid ! After you catch them , put them over ice to chill it or if you got clean ice than soak in ice water for 5 min, after that eat with wasabi/soy soyce. Out of this world bros! yummy yummy . Try it yourself..............feel hungry liao:biggrin::p

Agree. I saw it in one of the CD in Malaysia fishing Magazine. When that Japanese eat the Satong the skin still very shining and transparent.
In Singapore you can but the Magazine but without the CD due to the Singapore law.

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. I saw it in one of the CD in Malaysia fishing Magazine. When that Japanese eat the Satong the skin still very shining and transparent.
In Singapore you can but the Magazine but without the CD due to the Singapore law.

Have you try it yourself bro ? :smile:

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
the next trip to BKK for work, i will extend a day or 2 for fishing . looks good .. i have never get anything bigger than 1KG... hahaha..

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
the next trip to BKK for work, i will extend a day or 2 for fishing . looks good .. i have never get anything bigger than 1KG... hahaha..

No worries bro mengzai, i think no problem to break your 1kg record la. So where you're thinking to fish in BKK this trip? :smile:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,
U been there for fishing too?I went to a fishing pond in changrai b4 few years ago and one things that puzzled me till now was they use throw "sticky" rice to attract the fishes in the pond althought I never got any fish on that day but I'm using bread hard skin as bait.hehe hell of a one time experience :biggrin:

It is call berley bait dumping so as to attract surrounding fishes to their baits.

Hard bread skin is good enough but you forget to add those extra items like coconut milk, flavor additive to your bread to make its smell more attractive to the fishes.:wink:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'll highly recommend Boon Ma farm for barra luring & Bungsamrun for giant mekong catfishes.

You'll not regret it.:p

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll highly recommend Boon Ma farm for barra luring & Bungsamrun for giant mekong catfishes.

You'll not regret it.:p

Agree with bro 88max. Especially Bung Samrun fishing park , the cat fishes in there are mostly big size. Very common to get 10kg up !!:smile:

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had finally broken my record on sun morning. i was at the farmway pond, caught 6 fishes, 1 weight about 1.2kg... hahaha..

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 KG?? hahaha.. hopefully i can break my record soon... i intend to go Kelong fishing on the next following weekend.
you want to join me?

I would love to bro , but too bad i'm overseas now.... Anyway should be no problem breaking the 10kg record if you go fish in those places recon by Bro Cestbon in Thailand !! Cheers :smile::wink: