• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishing kaki

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone can tell me what is this "taiwan or" fish? i have not seem them in the wet market or super market. how to i cook it with? i used to deep fried them & steam them. is this a common fish(should be salt water fish also right)?thanks.

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone can tell me what is this "taiwan or" fish? i have not seem them in the wet market or super market. how to i cook it with? i used to deep fried them & steam them. is this a common fish(should be salt water fish also right)?thanks.

They call it " Taiwan Ngor " to make it sounds high class bro. Actually i think it's called " Red drum " even though it is not red in colour and the Taiwanese sucessfully breed/farm them, can consider as saltwater water fish but more commonly found in brackish waters in overseas. Cheers :smile: ( hope my info is right, correct me if i'm wrong ):p

trojan18

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

Anyone know of a fresh water pond where they stock tilapia for fishing? Intend to bring my kids (aged 4 and 6) to fishing..like the good old days at Chiap Seng or Red Mire fishing pond with bamboo sticks for some family fun. :smile:

Thanks in advance.

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

Anyone know of a fresh water pond where they stock tilapia for fishing? Intend to bring my kids (aged 4 and 6) to fishing..like the good old days at Chiap Seng or Red Mire fishing pond with bamboo sticks for some family fun. :smile:

Thanks in advance.

you can try at Kid's kompong at Pasir ris farmway. i went there last year with my kids. it is catch & release. the pond is not very big, about 3m by 3m. i think is S$10 for 30mins. if you can catch up to a certain number, you win some prize for the kids.... they will like it...

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Bro, maybe you can try bringing your kids to fish at reservoirs i think more fun.:smile:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No Z40 or Jigger 4000P but have a Z30 ize model which i bought from him already together a Zenaq jigging rod ( unused ) ! :smile:

Me already have Z20 looking for bigger size.:smile:
Thanks

Is a good quality reel and you have make a good choices. My 1st choice is Z40. :smile:

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree bro, the Saltiga Z series is one of the best reel for bottom fishing & jigging i find so far!! Too bad , they don't come with Lever-drags if not it will for sure be the most popular reel in the market!

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, when you free to meet for fishing? you staying in the east right?

Sorry bro late reply. Didn't check com for a few days liao. I currently in Thailand now. Yes bro, maybe next time if got time we go fishing together. I might be fishing in Burma Bank next week, you want to come join me? ha ha:smile:

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry bro late reply. Didn't check com for a few days liao. I currently in Thailand now. Yes bro, maybe next time if got time we go fishing together. I might be fishing in Burma Bank next week, you want to come join me? ha ha:smile:

i just came back from Koh Samui, went for the big catch fishing, got 2 snappers & 2 swordfish.
which part of BKK are you in? i will be in BKK end of this month.
where is this burma bank?

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I'm based in Melbourne and would want to know any fishing kaki here in OZ? Anyone to share info and place for a catch...thanks!

Alfrescian
Loyal
Times are bad. Can anybody tell me where in Singapore you can fish happily without paying a ransom.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Fenwick I have got 2 vacancy to TP Bintang from 2 Nov to 4 Nov Sun to Tues any bro here interested can email me: [email protected]

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just came back from Koh Samui, went for the big catch fishing, got 2 snappers & 2 swordfish.
which part of BKK are you in? i will be in BKK end of this month.
where is this burma bank?

I'm not in BKK bro. Currently at the Thai/Myannmar border , that's why maybe i'll be going fishing in Burma Bank. Glad to know that you had a good fishing trip in Samui and for your info, i think your catch should be Sailfish not Sword fish. Cheers and happy fishing......:smile::wink: