• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fined $1 per minute for being late for work

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have spent considerable time working in these 3 countries. Punctuality in PH and India are even worse than Sinkieland -- mainly due to the traffic. In PRC things are better. However, the communist sanctioned after-lunch siesta is still practised in less cosmo cities.

One thing common all 3 countries - Productivity is abysmal! You can even see 5 persons doing 1 employee's job. Punctual or not, when you are not productive you are quite useless..
i thot arriving to office early or late in sinkieland is an indication of the employee's place in the food chain? The higher up the later you can come to work...

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No company or organisation in the world is going to kick out a performer even if he is repeatedly late. These are the guys that deliver the goods for the company. I am sure even if you joined the workforce only 6 months ago, the company only bothers to chase after the non-performers. We are not talking about punching time card and if do not take your place in the assembly the production run is stifled.

One has to be simple minded or naive to think that this girl is a performer and the company is mindless.

Arguments such as being punctual and not related to performance is spurious and disingenuous in this case. Common sense will tell you most companies prefer to force the employee to resign and they don't hang a sign-board at the front with her name with instruction to resign. They do exactly what this company is doing. $1 per minute did not work so the penalty for missing file.

If you are an adult and possess sufficient interaction skills you would realise that many people can perform without conforming to silly rules. This girl is not one of them.

Sure they don't kick out such 'performers'

They just move them to another related GLC to continue taking the million dollar pay checks!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually it is general practice to have this built into the bonus plan for performers. Time is no longer a consideration in most organisations, just quality of work and meeting company's values. You must have both.

What performance bonus? She makes $1500 a month. Sounds like a grand sum, break it down to hourly wage, she earns $8.33/hr. She has no benefits - no leave, no medical.
In a developed country, she is getting $8.33/hr in the 6th most expensive place to live!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lemme guess... another petty towkay and his small-time sweatshop. :rolleyes:

I've heard the horror stories. Severe restriction of lunchtime. Frequent toilet breaks are frowned upon. Impromptu no-pay OT. No investment on employees' training. Late payment of wages.

Now you know why those ASME members are such loyal fans of the PAP regime. Because they know they can get away with such nonsense in a 'pro-business' environment.

Yes, you are right. I may not know who these employees voted for but i can tell you for sure, these bosses voted for the PAPpies.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
And I have zero respect for employees who do not put in the effort required of them in order to do a good job.

That is fine as long as you follow the proper termination process and not resort to using that as an excuse for exploitation or violence.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its her attitude that sucks.

9am start work she will come at 915am. You change it to 930am, she will be in at 945am. You change to 10am she will be in at 1015am.

Habitual latecomers. I have seen it all.

I see it as common practice among female colleagues. They tend to take for granted of coming late for work especially when the boss is not around. This girl in question is on contract assignment, she will bring her bad attitude everywhere she goes whether permanent or contract jobs and she has no right to complaint by not being punctual regularly. Women are very calculative lot, I still prefer working with male colleague.

Last edited: