• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finance manager earning $5000/month facing unfair dismissal and feeling lost

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Finance manager earning $5000/month facing unfair dismissal and feeling lost[/FONT][/h][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Dear Gilbert,[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]First of all, I have to thank you for setting up this website that gives hope in life.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The staff at the company I’m working at informed me via a teleconference that I am to be immediately terminated.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I was given two letters. One, my resignation letter and the other, a termination letter.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The reason was spelled out as follow:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1) I am not fit to be a finance manager and I have not fulfilled my duty. I have not given sufficient information to my immediate superior for decision making in business.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2) I am not respectable enough to be the leader of Southeast Asia (Company director)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]They are offering me a 3-month ex gratia. And I am required to sign the letter immediately.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]They are also giving me garden leave until 30/4.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I refused to sign it and am requesting to seek for other advice.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]They have locked my computer password on Monday afternoon.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]They are basically making me feel redundant.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I have joined this company as part-time accountant for the past few years.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I became one of the official staff as an associate finance manager later.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I was promoted as a finance manager just few years back.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I worked long hours every day (at least 12 hours), assuming the role of one-man show since the day I joined the Company and has worked beyond my scope.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I only have one new staff reporting to me.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I am asking for one-year salary compensation for my past three years of long working hours for the company.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I am seeking your advice on this matter.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Can the company simply hand me a letter to fire me?[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]There is no clear reason why I’m fired.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1) There is no prior information notice about me not meeting my expectations.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2) There is no discipline meeting session prior to their decision, which other employees experienced before in our Company.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]My position is a finance manager and my monthly salary is SGD $5,000.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I look forward to hearing your your advice and the opportunity to meet you face-to-face.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I would like to know whether I am in the right position to claim and protest.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I am feeling very negative and depressed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I would like to solve this matter as soon as possible.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Alan[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Editor’s note: We are trying to assist Alan to the best of our abilities. Note that MOM could not help on such matter of unfair dismissal and many PMETs are advised to seek their own legal support.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]- See more at: http://www.transitioning.org/2014/0...missal-and-feeling-lost/#sthash.VFFDjd6i.dpuf[/FONT]

<tbody>
</tbody>

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
song boh?why he never join civil service?he would be given another chance at another department in another GLC.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I am asking for one-year salary compensation for my past three years of long working hours for the company.

This shows how bloody thick skinned sinkies are! He wants a whole YEAR'S salary for a measly 3 years of sub par service??? :rolleyes:

Small wonder nobody wants to hire Singaporeans. Their sense of entitlement is unbelievable.

kknnbbccbb

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This shows how bloody thick skinned sinkies are! He wants a whole YEAR'S salary for a measly 3 years of sub par service??? :rolleyes:

Small wonder nobody wants to hire Singaporeans. Their sense of entitlement is unbelievable.

Hire me I'm a good worker please look at my picture.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rake in the 3 mths -Ex gratia ..then go join CHC..they need Finance Director/CFO ..heard got vacancies
Also can expect much more than miserly $5k monthly..

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rake in the 3 mths -Ex gratia ..then go join CHC..they need Finance Director/CFO ..heard got vacancies
Also can expect much more than miserly $5k monthly..

Join CHC? Boh wah liao. Get $5k but need to donate to show sincerity to God. How much to donate per week? The more you donate, God will love you more. Eventually, you might as well work for free in CHC.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If its a swee char boh,things would be different:biggrin:

No difference if you are swee char boh and a sinkie. FTsh will step in to replace you since it is common practice for foreign owned companies in SG to discriminate against sinkies to offer jobs to their country men.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No difference if you are swee char boh and a sinkie. FTsh will step in to replace you since it is common practice for foreign owned companies in SG to discriminate against sinkies to offer jobs to their country men.

Not true, knew this angmo who favoured pretty char bohs. He would overlook their mistakes. However if one was male he would be tough on them. That is why the dept eventually became an all female place.
After all the males were gone, he started picking on the less pretty females.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If its a swee char boh,things would be different:biggrin:

agreed. I have never seen any swee char bor with qualifications been laid off before . During reorg or if their job are made redundant, other entity within their company will absorb them. All they need to do is to stomp on their feet and say "i don't know what to say.."

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

obviously he did not work hard and smart enough.
if he did he would have taken over his boss position.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfair dismissals happen at all levels. Companies know how to cover backside.

Now workers injured must make incident report + MOM investigations but towkays have a way out.
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/firms-could-face-stiffer-penalties-lapses-workplace-safety

RUN's neighbour got injured at work with Everise Forwarders a month ago. By right, employers should make incident report with MOM for MC beyond 3 days.

Neighbour showed his towkay his MC and evil boss dimissed him right away with a severance compensation till his MC-date, so that he effectively ceased to be his worker a day after injury = don't need to report MOM loophole + severance package included (so smart right?). He is a good neighbour, RUN saw him wearing the company's uniform for many years.

This is life.