• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Finally, 35 years later, HDB puts solar panels on roof, PAP is so innovative....not

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Finally, 35 years later, HDB puts solar panels on roof, PAP is so innovative....n

Thats exactly the reason why you need more panels. Despite having sunshine ranging from 4 to 9 hrs day, the clouds and the orientation of the roof in a gable structure are a factor. In Singapore, the dealers are pushing 8 panels for Singapore private properties because of the limited roof space while in OZ it is usually 20 panels as the majority of the roofs have space. You need 20 panels to get make a dent in your bills if the not the payback is minimum 10 years.

I contemplated before and the cost for 8 panel 3.5 kwp complete system with inverters and installation was about $12 to 14K. Similar system in OZ also complete installation is about $4K plus 20 panels 5kwp.

Rogue trader is right the pay back is not worth it and the system becomes redundant quickly. I know a doctor who installed his for $90K and his has battery storage but even then I did the math and the pay back is well over 30 years but I think he was more into carbon footprint etc.

HDB however is doing the right thing but the press and them have not been clear in terms of expectation. There is no roof space to power even 1% of the residents' and TC needs per block. It will only aid in helping reduce the cost of running the blocks water pump, the corridors lights etc. I don't think lifts can be helped.

how about cloud covers?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Finally, 35 years later, HDB puts solar panels on roof, PAP is so innovative....n

Thats exactly the reason why you need more panels. Despite having sunshine ranging from 4 to 9 hrs day, the clouds and the orientation of the roof in a gable structure are a factor. In Singapore, the dealers are pushing 8 panels for Singapore private properties because of the limited roof space while in OZ it is usually 20 panels as the majority of the roofs have space. You need 20 panels to get make a dent in your bills if the not the payback is minimum 10 years.

I contemplated before and the cost for 8 panel 3.5 kwp complete system with inverters and installation was about $12 to 14K. Similar system in OZ also complete installation is about $4K plus 20 panels 5kwp.

Rogue trader is right the pay back is not worth it and the system becomes redundant quickly. I know a doctor who installed his for $90K and his has battery storage but even then I did the math and the pay back is well over 30 years but I think he was more into carbon footprint etc.

HDB however is doing the right thing but the press and them have not been clear in terms of expectation. There is no roof space to power even 1% of the residents' and TC needs per block. It will only aid in helping reduce the cost of running the blocks water pump, the corridors lights etc. I don't think lifts can be helped.

The residents will NEVER BENEFIT from the savings, they will take out their 'playbook' & tell you, the cost of maintenance , manpower, hardware & software & excuses 101, they cannot pass the savings to the people. All this 'wayang' is to advertise a SMART NATION theme & do a show & tell, saving the environment & reusable energy, blah, blah, blah.

September 01, 2017....Styrofoam boxes are banned in Malaysia for packing food...& KL & Putrajaya, banned the use of plastic bags. In HK, where I went for a holiday, Supermarkets do not provide plastic bags...you pay for them. In the apartment I stay, rubbish are packed into recyclable white coloured plastic bag, at a communal collection point. Each household must use that kid of plastic bags...which I saw selling at 7-11, supermarkets.

Anything here?? we still do not have a clear recycling policy...look at all the huge blue recycle bin...it is filled with garbage...the residents throw in.

As long as, they cannot make money out of schemes they implement they won't & any they do....they are 'garbage'. The list is long...if one is bothered to compiled...that includes electric vehicles...etc..:rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Absolutely agree, the residents will not benefit and I can guarantee that their conservancy won't come down. Any savings will go to cover PAP related town council activities.

You also right about our cursory touch on environmental issues.

The residents will NEVER BENEFIT from the savings, they will take out their 'playbook' & tell you, the cost of maintenance , manpower, hardware & software & excuses 101, they cannot pass the savings to the people. All this 'wayang' is to advertise a SMART NATION theme & do a show & tell, saving the environment & reusable energy, blah, blah, blah.

September 01, 2017....Styrofoam boxes are banned in Malaysia for packing food...& KL & Putrajaya, banned the use of plastic bags. In HK, where I went for a holiday, Supermarkets do not provide plastic bags...you pay for them. In the apartment I stay, rubbish are packed into recyclable white coloured plastic bag, at a communal collection point. Each household must use that kid of plastic bags...which I saw selling at 7-11, supermarkets.

Anything here?? we still do not have a clear recycling policy...look at all the huge blue recycle bin...it is filled with garbage...the residents throw in.

As long as, they cannot make money out of schemes they implement they won't & any they do....they are 'garbage'. The list is long...if one is bothered to compiled...that includes electric vehicles...etc..:rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Absolutely agree, the residents will not benefit and I can guarantee that their conservancy won't come down. Any savings will go to cover PAP related town council activities.

You also right about our cursory touch on environmental issues.

In other country, even a country like Malaysia, they are getting serious about protecting the environment or have already being doing that for years, like Taiwan, HK etc. As long as something they do or what they implement does not generate an income, anything that they do, is for show only.

For example, smoking....they have all sorts of ridiculous regulations of smoking areas & now, a funnier one, on banning the sight of display cigarettes boxes for sale. I am am not encouraging smoking, for a never smoked, my late mother does. I use to buy tobacco as in " ang hoon" and rolled it for her, or go mamak, store..."Thambi....2 -4 sticks of rokok"...never bothered with what brand it is or? Only when she got a bit classier...I buy for her " Benson & Hedges" or "Rothman of Pall Mall"..my point is...you can cover the cigarettes..people will still buy. Nowadays when I am at econ mini mart pr 7-11 or....I see people buying cigs...like buying something illegal...like back in those days...you buy illegal cigs from thambi...a foreigner will think...we are selling weeds.

One wisecrack wrote in Shit Times..." the revenue collected from cigs taxes less what MOH spent for those related to smoking diseases, they still make a handsome profit". Why don't they just ban CIGARETTES & ALL TOBACCO PRODUCTS?...easy right, it is easy money, & all they have to do, is to put on a 'punch & judy' show over it.

There is no heart to implement anything that is beneficial to humanity...namely the people, they only put on an act to 'smoke & mirror' the world & the 70%...AS LONG AS THEY CAN NOT MAKE MONEY FROM WHAT THEY IMPLEMENT...it is just for "window dressing".

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the power generated wont save much $$. the whole scheme just to benefit cronies vendors.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is no heart to implement anything that is beneficial to humanity...namely the people, they only put on an act to 'smoke & mirror' the world & the 70%...AS LONG AS THEY CAN NOT MAKE MONEY FROM WHAT THEY IMPLEMENT...it is just for "window dressing".

One of the most urgent environmental initiatives is the reduction of non biodegradable waste. Yet businesses here use plastic bags as liberally as any 3rd world country I've been to.

Why? Because no one will make money if we cut down the use of plastic bags. Truly a sham

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One of the most urgent environmental initiatives is the reduction of non biodegradable waste. Yet businesses here use plastic bags as liberally as any 3rd world country I've been to.

Why? Because no one will make money if we cut down the use of plastic bags. Truly a sham

The Polymer industry is related to the petroleum industry, in which the 'toe bone' is connected to the 'leg bone' which is connected to the 'pxp bone'...as usual they put on a show at the Farceprice supermarket...for there are so many of them within a 1 km radius, they dare not ban it completely for they fear, the 'peasants' will get restless, unlike IKEA who has only 2 main stores....they banned plastic bags.

the toe bone is connected to the...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

One wisecrack wrote in Shit Times..." the revenue collected from cigs taxes less what MOH spent for those related to smoking diseases, they still make a handsome profit". Why don't they just ban CIGARETTES & ALL TOBACCO PRODUCTS?...easy right, it is easy money, & all they have to do, is to put on a 'punch & judy' show over it.

if they ban cigarettes and tobacco products in zikapore, then which FT will come here? The chinese are smoking like chimneys, some start as young as 13 years of age. Eastern europeans are also heavy smokers. Not to mention Indons and Thais. If these fuckers cannot smoke, they will tell the PAP to fuck off and stay home.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree. The same setup is about 2,5 times cheaper in UK and OZ. In Singapore there is also the challenge for roof space. You need to install 20 solar panels to hit close to 50% savings. Because plot size is too small, houses make do by building upwards 2 to 3 stories but end up with smaller space and end up with 8 panels and 10% savings.

I hope the auditor general would inspect the fuck out of this fishy deal

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if they ban cigarettes and tobacco products in zikapore, then which FT will come here? The chinese are smoking like chimneys, some start as young as 13 years of age. Eastern europeans are also heavy smokers. Not to mention Indons and Thais. If these fuckers cannot smoke, they will tell the PAP to fuck off and stay home.

You got it!....that is why I say, the PAP is doing a "smoke & mirror" thing to hoodwink the believers that they are looking after them, but these people,never bother that the PAP is more concern in peering into their pockets or wallets...that is why, Wooden go...says " in my pocket"...that is where the money is! ha ha ha

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

what happened if Indo decided to be generous and donates some haze to Sg?
the panels still works or not?

how about cloud covers./QUOTE]

Typical clear day in the tropics is 3.5 hours. If you want to calculate the amou t of power generated co pared to say, desert areas such as australia, california or gobi dessert.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what happened if Indo decided to be generous and donates some haze to Sg?
the panels still works or not?

how about cloud covers.

Typical clear day in the tropics is 3.5 hours. If you want to calculate the amou t of power generated co pared to say, desert areas such as australia, california or gobi dessert.

even with clouds can still generate power, but instead of direct sunlight there's reflection, diffraction, and diffusion of rays around the clouds. but typically power reduces by less than 69% in thick cloudy conditions, such as cumulus clouds. under tropical rain clouds, perhaps much less than that. nonetheless, it's not meant to be a primary source of power. just a supplementary source to add to the grid, and can be used to power non-peak cases, such as corridor lights during night hours for example. i have an extremely small footprint of panels and they power my lawn lights at night. can last all night even in rainy weather.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

even with clouds can still generate power, but instead of direct sunlight there's reflection, diffraction, and diffusion of rays around the clouds. but typically power reduces by less than 69% in thick cloudy conditions, such as cumulus clouds. under tropical rain clouds, perhaps much less than that. nonetheless, it's not meant to be a primary source of power. just a supplementary source to add to the grid, and can be used to power non-peak cases, such as corridor lights during night hours for example. i have an extremely small footprint of panels and they power my lawn lights at night. can last all night even in rainy weather.

I've read articles which featured gyms in California which uses workout equipment to generate electricity. Now that's something Hdb should implement!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've read articles which featured gyms in California which uses workout equipment to generate electricity. Now that's something Hdb should implement!

now here's an idea for a sinkie patent. connect all mattresses in geylang and little india whorehouses to mini mechanical-to-electrical energy generators/vibrators under the bed and transfer the combined electricity generated to the grid. sure can produce sexnergy 24 by 7 by 365. they will be powered by sinkie uncles and bangla workers banging hookers in geylang and little india respectively. every abled bodied person contributing to the grid, that's the sinkie spirit.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

now here's an idea for a sinkie patent. connect all mattresses in geylang and little india whorehouses to mini mechanical-to-electrical energy generators/vibrators under the bed and transfer the combined electricity generated to the grid. sure can produce sexnergy 24 by 7 by 365. they will be powered by sinkie uncles and bangla workers banging hookers in geylang and little india respectively. every abled bodied person contributing to the grid, that's the sinkie spirit.

If they could bottle bullshit and energize it, we will have an endless supply of it courtesy of the PAP.