• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fighting Moral Crime

jw5

Loyal
If someone tells you that his objective in life is to fight moral crime, i.e. immoral and unethical acts committed by people who make sure that they don't do anything illegal and hence are not arrested, would you:
-- laugh or mock at him?
-- wonder if he is insane?
-- claim that there is "no value"?
-- suppoprt him but want nothing to do with the process?
-- join him?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would wish him lotsa good luck. Unless he's a saint, he's bound to have dirty linen of his own. It'll be no time when somebody will expose it. Even if he's spotless, something will be fabricated. The best way to stop a crimebuster is to incriminate him.

Look no further than Glen Knight.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If someone tells you that his objective in life is to fight moral crime, i.e. immoral and unethical acts committed by people who make sure that they don't do anything illegal and hence are not arrested, would you:

Who defines morality?

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
-- laugh or mock at him?
-- join him?

If he's so free, why not help the unfortunate in society? With this economic recession, plenty of people will need aid in one form or another.

There will be bad or good people no matter what we do. This "quota" is up to God and not easily changed by us.

He can start off with random good deeds. Fighting for social utopia is not up to one individual, unless he can change collective mindset slowly.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Give Robin Hood a call. He has the answer for you. :wink:

Different cultures have different moral values with regards to what is right and what is wrong. There is no universal set of moral standards.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give Robin Hood a call. He has the answer for you. :wink:

Robin Hood must be very busy during these tough times. We should give him a break. He needs to spend quality time with Maid Marion otherwise he can consider sleeping in the forest with the friar & co.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different cultures have different moral values with regards to what is right and what is wrong. There is no universal set of moral standards.

some culture think it is morally right to burn women for not giving enough dowry..

other culture think it is morally wrong if a man don't open the door for the woman..

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seriously think any person who makes it his personal mission is self-righteous and trying to impose his own perceived "right" values on others.

Taliban is one good example, the other is the US of A.

jw5

Loyal
I would wish him lotsa good luck. Unless he's a saint, he's bound to have dirty linen of his own. It'll be no time when somebody will expose it. Even if he's spotless, something will be fabricated. The best way to stop a crimebuster is to incriminate him.

Look no further than Glen Knight.
It all depends on how the moral crime fighter goes about his work.
He does not need to be clean in order to clean up dirt. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
If he's so free, why not help the unfortunate in society? With this economic recession, plenty of people will need aid in one form or another.

There will be bad or good people no matter what we do. This "quota" is up to God and not easily changed by us.

He can start off with random good deeds. Fighting for social utopia is not up to one individual, unless he can change collective mindset slowly.
What is the best way to help the unfortunate in society?
Look for individual deserving cases?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
-- laugh or mock at him?
-- join him?

Anything to do with fighting, standing out, speaking out, you can leave sinkie out of it. These are something that are too first world for them to understand.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
It all depends on how the moral crime fighter goes about his work.
He does not need to be clean in order to clean up dirt. :smile:

What I'm saying is .. he will not last long fighting his so-called moral crimes :rolleyes:

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal

The law of each individual country should be the last word on this issue. But of course, this does not apply to Siongapore and it never will. At least not in my lifetime.

jw5

Loyal
The law of each individual country should be the last word on this issue. But of course, this does not apply to Siongapore and it never will. At least not in my lifetime.
This has nothing to do with laws, that's why it's called "moral crime". :smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the best way to help the unfortunate in society?
Look for individual deserving cases?

Open you heart and you eyes will see. When your heart is open, you will see what you can do and when you can do it.

It can be something random, like how I once bought an old lady lunch when she was trying to sell tissue to me. She was trembling with what i perceived to be hungry and I was right - she wolfed down a big bowl of noodles I bought her.

I normally just buy tissue from sellers, but that day, I just I did abit more.

We don't always have an open heart, but when we do, the compassion just opens our eyes.

jw5

Loyal
Open you heart and you eyes will see. When your heart is open, you will see what you can do and when you can do it.

It can be something random, like how I once bought an old lady lunch when she was trying to sell tissue to me. She was trembling with what i perceived to be hungry and I was right - she wolfed down a big bowl of noodles I bought her.

I normally just buy tissue from sellers, but that day, I just I did abit more.

We don't always have an open heart, but when we do, the compassion just opens our eyes.
Well done. That must have made you feel good. :smile: