• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Father killed in Bedok North flat, son arrested

Cream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Father killed in Bedok North flat, son arrested

BLOODY: A neighbour saw the elderly man lying on the living room floor in a pool of blood. Photo: Jeremy Long

BedokNorthKilling.jpg

Photo: The New Paper

Melanie Heng
Saturday, Nov 14, 2015

UPDATE FROM THE POLICE: A 75-year-old man was found lying motionless at a unit at Block 416 Bedok North Avenue 2 on Nov 13, according to a statement from the police.

The man was conveyed to Changi General Hospital and subsequently pronounced dead on the same day at 6.37pm.

A 41-year-old man has been arrested and will be charged in court on Nov 15.

An elderly man died after he was attacked in his Bedok North Avenue 2 flat yesterday. A 41-year-old man, believed to be his son, has been arrested.

Mr Muhd Zin, a neighbour living on the same floor as the victim, told The New Paper he was awoken from his sleep at about 5pm by his wife, who said that their elderly neighbour had fainted and needed help.

The man's wife had gone over to their flat to ask for help.

Mr Zin said he called for an ambulance and the police before going to his neighbour's fourth-storey flat.

To his horror, he saw the elderly man lying on the living room floor in a pool of blood.

https://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/father-killed-bedok-north-flat-son-arrested

Photo Source: The New Paper

"I was stunned when I saw the blood," said Mr Zin, 55, a supervisor.

His neighbour's head was bleeding and the elderly couple's son was sitting in a daze on the sofa.

Afraid, Mr Zin backed away from the flat and returned home to wait for the police to arrive.

Mr Zin's son, Mr Suhaimi, an 18-year-old student, told TNP he had earlier heard sounds of a quarrel in his neighbour's flat.

He said: "I was playing video games at around 5pm when I heard shouting between the elderly man and his son. The elderly man's wife was screaming. It was very loud.

"They were screaming in Mandarin and I didn't understand what they were saying."

The Singapore Civil Defence Force said it received a call at 5.12pm and established at the scene that there had been a case of trauma assault.

The victim, a 75-year-old man, was taken to Changi General Hospital for head injuries. He was pronounced dead at the hospital at 6.37pm, a police spokesman said.

Investigations are ongoing.