• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat [Famous Japanese movie with English subtitles!] Battle Royale (2001 Special Edition, i.e. uncut/extended version)

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear @sweetiepie, many belated thanks for loving the above post of mine last Sunday!
bow-gif.40441

:inlove:

Here are two more behind-the-scenes videos with English subtitles:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKXCWNXn8BM

youtube.com/watch?v=MWBC7rIrnWw

bow-gif.40441

:tongue:
sweatingbullets-gif.40503

redface-gif.40438
So audition started in 1999 but onlee 800 over turned up so pretty high chance for 42/800 about 5% chance to be the hark seng :geek:

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earlier today, I uploaded the video file to:
gofile.io/d/ajWGlF
Edit:
Earlier today (5 April 2022), the above file was deleted by Gofile, so I've re-uploaded it to:
gofile.io/d/G2Vjed
ufile.io/ovjwo3kj

For more information:
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/バトル・ロワイアル
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/バトル・ロワイアル (映画)
wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale_(film)
battleroyale.fandom.com

And here's one of my favourite female characters in the movie:
youtube.com/watch?v=FaiL_OEIxJQ

youtube.com/watch?v=04bZIZDn0jo

Her real-life name is:
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/宮村優子 (声優)
wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamura_Yuuko

For those of you who prefer to watch the trailer first, here's the original trailer that was first shown in Japan back in 2000:
youtube.com/watch?v=xdWSOQVK4yY

battle-royale-jpg.139083

Finally, here's the "origin" of the story:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale_(novel)#Origin

:eek:
bow-gif.40441

redface-gif.40438
Dear @glockman, many belated thanks for liking the above post of mine on Sunday!
bow-gif.40441

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
So audition started in 1999 but onlee 800 over turned up so pretty high chance for 42/800 about 5% chance to be the hark seng :geek:
Dear @sweetiepie, many belated thanks to you too for your reply and for loving my post on Sunday!
bow-gif.40441

By the way, the reason I dare to say that "Battle Royale" is a "famous" Japanese movie is that it was the highest-grossing Japanese live-action movie in Japan in 2001, according to:
eiren.org/toukei/2001.html
eiren.org/toukei/img/eiren_kosyu/data_2001.pdf
wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale_(film)#Reception

youtube.com/watch?v=TAo7Ue9IEUs

youtube.com/watch?v=2APKmxExi0U

bow-gif.40441

redface-gif.40438

Attachments

• Battle Royale (film) box office.png
    Battle Royale (film) box office.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 162

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you who prefer to watch the trailer first, here's the original trailer that was first shown in Japan back in 2000:
youtube.com/watch?v=xdWSOQVK4yY
For those of you who are not aware, the music in the first thirty seconds of the above trailer was composed by one of my favourite Western "Classical music" composers:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Amadeus_Mozart
bow-gif.40441

It's the first thirty seconds of a nearly two-minute long "movement" in his famous:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Requiem_(Mozart)#a._Dies_irae
wikipedia.org/wiki/File:W._A._Mozart_-_Requiem,_K._626_(Bruno_Walter,_Wiener_Philharmoniker,_Wiener_Staatsopernchor,_1956)_-_03._Dies_irae.ogg
wikipedia.org/wiki/Dies_irae#Text

youtube.com/watch?v=ePRZC_OulYc

youtube.com/watch?v=0T7eMctuJLQ

youtube.com/watch?v=j1C-GXQ1LdY

music_hifi-gif.41029

redface-gif.40438