• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Facebook acquired WhatsApp

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Facebook will acquire message and phone company WhatsApp for $16 billion, according to an SEC filing made today. The purchase price includes roughly $4billion in cash and $12 billion in Facebook stock. An additional $3 billion in restricted stock could be paid out over four years to WhatsApp employees.

This is the largest acquisition the social media company has made to date, nearly 16 times as much as what the company paid for Instagram in April of 2012.

This story was updated several times Wednesday afternoon as more information became available. The headline and lead of the story were corrected to note that the purchase price was $16 billion, and the additional $3 billion is in restricted stock units.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds like bad news cos now FB is probably going to be connected and whatsapp and the govt probably has an easier time accessing one's info and not to mention whatsapp uses a person's phone number to connect with the other party so it's guaranteed even more easily accessed info. Time to stop putting up your personal information on whatsapp and using your regular phone line in whatsapp.

WhatsApp

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Japanese LINE will be very please to hear this. These young people are very lucky indeed.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dislike FB.
Signed up once ages ago and couldn't get rid of it. Everytime send notification like do you know this person and that person.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dislike FB.
Signed up once ages ago and couldn't get rid of it. Everytime send notification like do you know this person and that person.

sinkie, you can disable the notifications so you will not get that at all. oh pls....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mark Zuckerberg:

I’m excited to announce that we’ve agreed to acquire WhatsApp and that their entire team will be joining us at Facebook.

Our mission is to make the world more open and connected. We do this by building services that help people share any type of content with any group of people they want. WhatsApp will help us do this by continuing to develop a service that people around the world love to use every day.

WhatsApp is a simple, fast and reliable mobile messaging service that is used by over 450 million people on every major mobile platform. More than 1 million people sign up for WhatsApp every day and it is on its way to connecting one billion people. More and more people rely on WhatsApp to communicate with all of their contacts every day.

WhatsApp will continue to operate independently within Facebook. The product roadmap will remain unchanged and the team is going to stay in Mountain View. Over the next few years, we're going to work hard to help WhatsApp grow and connect the whole world. We also expect that WhatsApp will add to our efforts forInternet.org, our partnership to make basic internet services affordable for everyone.

WhatsApp will complement our existing chat and messaging services to provide new tools for our community. Facebook Messenger is widely used for chatting with your Facebook friends, and WhatsApp for communicating with all of your contacts and small groups of people. Since WhatsApp and Messenger serve such different and important uses, we will continue investing in both and making them each great products for everyone.

WhatsApp had every option in the world, so I’m thrilled that they chose to work with us. I’m looking forward to what Facebook and WhatsApp can do together, and to developing great new mobile services that give people even more options for connecting.

I've also known Jan for a long time, and I know that we both share the vision of making the world more open and connected. I'm particularly happy that Jan has agreed to join the Facebook board and partner with me to shape Facebook's future as well as WhatsApp's.

Jan and the WhatsApp team have done some amazing work to connect almost half a billion people. I can’t wait for them to join Facebook and help us connect the rest of the world.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds like bad news cos now FB is probably going to be connected and whatsapp and the govt probably has an easier time accessing one's info and not to mention whatsapp uses a person's phone number to connect with the other party so it's guaranteed even more easily accessed info. Time to stop putting up your personal information on whatsapp and using your regular phone line in whatsapp.

My dog photo is on Whatsapp...

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
google tongue? can taste all the diff flavours when he ass rim his ladyboy wife? :biggrin: