• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

F1 night race shifting to London?

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
''set to get'' does not mean will get.

recall the Man U IPO -Big noise in the press then, nothing.
recall the F1 IPO -Big noise in press then, nothing.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh yes, i forgot that it inconvenient sinkies during F1. Ha ha ha, yes, good. the more the merrier then, i dun watch F1, but i support anything that piss off sinkies. Oh yeah.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Few reason F1 still extended for another 5 year term.
1. The FI pit stop building already built
2. Lighting contractor>> have contract if not still need to pay
3. Barrier contractor >> also have contract
4. For the face of PAP gov

For above reason SG die die have to pay premium price asking by F1.
For another 5 year there will be inconvenient for about 1week and partial road block of one month to set up barrier and light.
Wasting tax payer money. Does PAP gov asking citizen do they want. How many citizen agree???
Less than 20% wanting F1 held in SG. Wasting money, time and resources.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apparently, closing roads in London for public sporting events that last more than a day requires an act of parliament - I doubt the Cameron government would want to bother given that they have Silverstone.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it bring in the tourists from the west.

what would pap say to the hotels chain? if the deals fall through.

I enjoy hearing the pains of sinkies during F1 season. 6 more good years.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
it bring in the tourists from the west.
what would pap say to the hotels chain? if the deals fall through.
I enjoy hearing the pains of sinkies during F1 season. 6 more good years.

Every year i look forward to F1. Apart from the formula 1 cars, there are the Porche 911 races and the Ferrari races.
The sound of the roaring engine stirs my soul and make me excited like a little boy. Even my wife can't help but comment the roaring turbos of the 911s are "so cool!". Not forgetting the hosts of megastars brought in.. this year we are going to have Jay Chou, Maroon 5, Katy NehNeh Pery, etc and for the ah peks Banananananaramama.

Last year we had Linkin Park, year before last we had Mariah Carey, Adam Lambert, Sean Kingston...

It is such an occassion for celebration it would be a shame to end this.

Having said that, the best race of all time remains the Le Mans 24 hour endurance race :-D

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
F1 Night Race Is Great !

3.jpg

That's great news. Always enjoyed the races, the noise, buzz n atmosphere, it's fantastic

Some people like it and some don't. Even I like it too. But, I think signing for another 5 years is a bit too long. London will be great but ... what's the difference between the Singapore Flyer and the London Eye besides the height ? They have got the Buckingham Palace.

[video=youtube;C5-TXJDX150]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-TXJDX150[/video]

Last edited:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who the fuck cares?

F1 is so gay anyway.

It is a "sport" for gay, limp-wristed elites who air-kiss each other.

Nothing to do with the rest of us.