• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

F1 night race shifting to London?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is too expensive then they can go. Seriously, no need to break our bank for F1.

I think it is a bargaining ploy by Bernie.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This will not even get off the drawing board. This was rumored partly because Hamilton and Button mentioned something about how great it would be to have a F1 street circuit in London and the British press got wind of it.

When Westminsiter City Council look at the projected costs and disruption being caused, no way are they going to approve planning permission for the event. Central London would be gridlocked far worse than Singapore is now for the event

This is just another one of Eccelestone's pipe dreams.

Btw, what's the latest on extending Singapore GP's contract? Will 2012 be the last year we'll see Singapore F1?

Last edited:

KinKeeChiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
When F1 contract runs out after 2012, it'll not be renewed b'cos they find that too much economic activities are lost through disruption.

This is one event to haolian to the rest of the world.

I don't think the STB (government) will want to let this go.

noname

Alfrescian
Loyal
good luck to F1 if the race is moved to london. kanina, always raining one. the F1 cars will be skidding all over the place.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hate F1. KNN PAP gov. Ask then circle around Istana. Dont cause ant inconvenient to other.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
F1. what a waste of time and money.

all i see is boring driving round and round. they all look the same.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Honestly, I can't see what is so exciting about 20 cars going in circle 50 times for 2 hours.
The last 1 or 2 rounds maybe, but 50+ rounds? :confused:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i prefer the days, when they die in the race, make the race so much more interesting. now it is so safe, it is boring to watch.

When can i see the F1 pilot burn in magnesium cockpit again? Damn. those were the heydays.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Honestly, I can't see what is so exciting about 20 cars going in circle 50 times for 2 hours.
The last 1 or 2 rounds maybe, but 50+ rounds? :confused:

Agree with you bro..but the fucking fact is that some of my kakis are die-hard fans of this merry-go-round thingy.
Beats me..:eek:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
prefer america nascar over F1. nascar more fun to watch, more exciting, more simple and sometime can see drivers behsong and fight on the tracks.:biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nascar is even worse than F1, red neck,KKK, ah beng and thugs watch it only.

F1 too technical liao. put a useless guy also can win as long as car technologies are the best. Nascar everybody car abt the same, so it down to the driver courage and skill to win.