• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

F&B Owners. Are you sure no manpower???? Whats yr Big Bullshit????

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am talking about getting Singaporeans to work. If you put up an ad for $8 an hour for evenings and weekends, you get lots of foreigners and hardly any Singaporeans. The Singaporeans that do take $8 an hour for evenings and weekends normally have issues. If you take them, high chance they will piss off customers, try to steal from you and/or quit within a week.

8 bucks an hour for how many hours? In Oz there is a minimum of 30 hours for casual staff. In peesai part time can mean no job tomorrow or working just 4 hours a day or less. Also employer in peesai can ask you to go home even if you are schedule to work for 4 hours for that day. How to survive not knowing how much money you can minimally make? In Oz you are guaranteed a minimum of 3 - 4 hours a day if I'm not wrong. All your calculations also no use if for example I suppose to earn 4 hours today only to get a call from me peesai employer to no need to come to work...than how?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no point in making an unrealistic simplification. The point of all my posts is:

1) Singaporeans DO NOT WANT to work evenings and weekends.
2) If you want Singaporeans to work for you on evenings and weekends, you have to be prepared to pay $12 to $15 per hour.

I don't understand why this is so difficult for people to understand and accept. :confused:

Which part of 'for simplifying calculations' do you not get? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Than you should have just said to pay more. No need to say sinkees dont want to work on weekends. Yankees, ozzees, kanucks,.....also dont wanna work weekends but their cuntries pay them well to work on weekends. Peesai dont wanna pay.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given your 20 odd years in the F&B business, you know the more likely thing to happen is that people will call in to say they are not coming to work and you don't have enough staff to handle the crowd. You will have to beg existing staff to cover and end up paying overtime.

8 bucks an hour for how many hours? In Oz there is a minimum of 30 hours for casual staff. In peesai part time can mean no job tomorrow or working just 4 hours a day or less. Also employer in peesai can ask you to go home even if you are schedule to work for 4 hours for that day. How to survive not knowing how much money you can minimally make? In Oz you are guaranteed a minimum of 3 - 4 hours a day if I'm not wrong. All your calculations also no use if for example I suppose to earn 4 hours today only to get a call from me peesai employer to no need to come to work...than how?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's they way it has always been. Even in other cuntries. There will always be people that dont show up. Even in office type environment. I have covered dish washing duties even though I'm a qualified Head Chef but that was in OZ and they paid me well. Plus 4 weeks of paid leave helps. People are entitled to sick leave and such..If a restaurant suffers a short of workers on a daily basis, than the managers and boss needs a wake up call.

BTW in OZ there are more people with ridiculous reasons not to show up for work but for every idiot there is another worker that is willing to get the job done at the right price. In my experience, people are willing to go an extra mile for you if you treat them well. If a peesai restaurant short change their workers, no one wants to do that extra job.

Last edited:

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal
///
why F&B complain shortage manpower?
you subscribe to example, Jobstreet.
when you check on application status, there are so many applicants!!!!
so, what are all these f&b bosses kpkb about????!!!!
///
xxx
:confused:

///
EXTRACTED FROM THE STATUS OF APPLICATIONS :

Compare With Other Applicants

Apply to more similar jobs

Education Lower : 27

Same : 7

Higher : 15

Salary

Lower : 0

Same : 22

Higher : 27

Attn F&B Bosses ::: so whats yr Bullshit????
////
xxx

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, employing foreign labour is so much easier for the management. They are tied to a long term work contract.
Locals can just walk out of a job whenever they wish.
All it takes is a call to a manpower agency to get your foreign workers. If locals, must advertise and interview. dunno how long that will take.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, employing foreign labour is so much easier for the management. They are tied to a long term work contract.
Locals can just walk out of a job whenever they wish.
All it takes is a call to a manpower agency to get your foreign workers. If locals, must advertise and interview. dunno how long that will take.

Employers still got the upper hand in peesai. Even if he have someone that works for him a long time, he could terminate him within 24 hours. MOM can do nothing or will not.

If employers can sack their staff at anytime regardless of how long the staff have worked for them, then why can't a staff leave as they wish?

Who has the money? Employer or employee? Who has the means? Employer or employee? If an employer goes to bed crying because his staff left him, then I would advice anyone not to work for them.

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
///
///
xxx

The F&B bosses are choosy and KPKB no Peasanporean want to work in their industries!!

What a Bull shit! Try to apply they look at you age they dont even bother to reply!!

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal
///
EXTRACTED FROM THE STATUS OF APPLICATIONS :

Compare With Other Applicants

Apply to more similar jobs

Education Lower : 27

Same : 7

Higher : 15

Salary

Lower : 0

Same : 22

Higher : 27

Attn F&B Bosses ::: so whats yr Bullshit????
////
xxx

///
Two days ago, they had 49 applicants for kitchen crew.
today, they still advertised!!
what is wrong????
what kind of kitchen crew are they employing????
kitchen God????
///
xxx

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm... Based on your reasoning, no Singaporean would want to be doctors or lawyers. They too work long and often irregular hours, particularly the doctors who have to do nights. The plain simple reason is the f&b industry bosses don't want or cannot pay well enough.

You go fuck your mother lah. Doctor and lawyer earn how much? If I earn 10K a month, I jolly well fly to work at any time.

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal
///
///
xxx

///

We are a growing fast food brand specializing in freshly cut French fries.

Kitchen Crew
(Full & Part Time)
SGD 1200 - 2500
Across Singapore

Responsibilities:
• Preparation of food
• Ensure store cleanliness
• Management of store

Requirements:
• Monthly salary (full time) from $1,200 to $2,500 + bonuses (depending on experience and working hours)
• Flexible working days and hours
• No experience necessary, training will be provided
• Able to work at the following outlets: Cathay Cineleisure Orchard, Raffles City, Plaza Singapura

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singaporeans and PRs only.

Interested candidates are invited to click the 'Apply' button below
or email your updated resume to: [email protected]///

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal
///
Two days ago, they had 49 applicants for kitchen crew.
today, they still advertised!!
what is wrong????
what kind of kitchen crew are they employing????
kitchen God????
///
xxx

///
they are really looking for kitchen God!!!
///
xxx

We are a growing fast food brand specializing in freshly cut French fries.

Kitchen Crew
(Full & Part Time)
SGD 1200 - 2500
Across Singapore

Responsibilities:
• Preparation of food
• Ensure store cleanliness
• Management of store

Requirements:
• Monthly salary (full time) from $1,200 to $2,500 + bonuses (depending on experience and working hours)
• Flexible working days and hours
• No experience necessary, training will be provided
• Able to work at the following outlets: Cathay Cineleisure Orchard, Raffles City, Plaza Singapura

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singaporeans and PRs only.

Interested candidates are invited to click the 'Apply' button below
or email your updated resume to: [email protected]//
xxx