• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exotic Pets

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
colombian albino boa

colombianboaalbino60cm-1.jpg

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not into reptiles but I like miniature cockerel. I seen on TV that Malaysian staying in kampong kept them as exotic pet. I wonder if I can find them in Singapore. I believe they are easy to keep, and they don't run around. Feed them well and comb their feathers.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is really cool .. y japan can sell but sg cannot sell ?

By not allowing Singaporeans to keep exotic animals, AVA believe they are doing the world a favour. Our neighbours with much more wild animals are not that concerned. These exotics are not taken in from the wild but had been bred from breeders and morphed into beautiful animals. Most of these exotics cannot be found except in their normal state in the wild. Singaporeans unlike most other hobbyists from our neighbouring countries and the rest of the world are enjoying having them. On the other hand Singaporeans are ignorant that such exotics even exist and that this industry is thriving despite our AVA.

The best part is that they are allowing RWS to bring in wild dolphins to put up shows here. There is a double standard being practised by AVA mainly because of money and attracting visitors to Singapore. If they are sincere about not allowing exotic pets, then these dolphins should not be allowed into Singapore. Unlike the zoo and Underwater World, putting dolphins om display is not educational at all and of no benefit to the citizens. It only benefit RWS and those who stand to gain from such policy.

To say, these animals will be release into the wild is not true. Who in their right mind will want to release a $10,000 snake into the forest? Only cheap $10.00 animals may be release and already hamsters, alligator gars and other cheap animals have already been seen in the forest, parks and reservoirs. So what has AVA done about it?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing wrong with that. So many Singaporeans queue to buy 4D and Toto all the time. Any extra income is more than welcome.:biggrin::biggrin:

Hannor. Somemore you can sort of do this as a part time thing. Earn some small income. Something harmless like some turtles. Let's say a trader knows of demand for some turtles for eg. Now he cannot possibly breed all of them by himself and the chances of him getting caught are bigger. So he outsources it to other ppl to help him breed.

Thanks to windor and drifter for the info i guess i'll just need to get a bunch of these turtles to breed and then raise the little critters myself. Anyone need help breeding something. Reptiless or fish?