• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exit Permit

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys:

I know this topic has been touched on before but I really need someone to throw some light here.
My family and I have migrated to Australia about 6 years back. My wife and I have renounced our Singapore citizenships and we are now Australians holding Australian passports. My kids aged 15 and 13 are also Ozzies but they have to hold on to their Singapore passports and are not able to renounce their citizenships till they reach 21. My eldest child is a daughter, so there's no problem as far as her case is concerned but as for my son, I have been very careful to ship him out of Singapore and get Ozzie citizenship for him before he turned 11. I have also been careful not to renew his Singapore passport when it expired nor apply for NRIC for him. My son had just turned 13 last month and I understand that I have to apply for exit permit for him. I tried applying through [email protected] but the site is asking for the NRIC number which my son naturally does not have, and the application would not go through without this. I emailed them in relations to this and one of the call centre staff replied back stating that I could use his birth certificate number but I'd also have to furnish a bond. I understand that a bond is only required for kids leaving Singapore after age 11 and so I feel that the call centre woman doesn't know what she's saying. I wish to deal with CMPB directly on this and I'll really be glad if any bro here could please let me know their email contact and the necessary steps and documents for this. Also, is there a time limit for me to apply for the exit permit from the time of his 13th birthday? I think I've read somewhere that it is within 3 months from the 13th birthday.

Thanks

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
What number did you call? Is it one of these?

Central Manpower Base
CMPB Podium
3 Depot Road
Singapore 109680
Tel: 1800 367 3737 (local)
65 657 6767 (overseas)

Your best bet is to go to the CMPB counter itself, where you will get to talk to the staff face-to-face. They will give you the correct information, instead of the hotline CS reps.

If you can't do that personally, ask someone to go there on your behalf to ask the relevant questions. If you really want to be thorough, when your representative is at the counter, get him/her to call you on the phone so you can speak directly with the counter staff.

I did not recall getting a direct line phone number (to their counter staff) from them when I visited long ago, only the generic hotline number. But I could have forgotten. And things may have changed.

Last edited:

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
satan son need to apply for exit permit huh?

he sees destruction whenever he goes.

maybe they also subcontract hotline services india?

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your kids have Ozzie passports, why go through all the trouble? If they turn 21 and wnat to come back to peesai, just tell them to change their names on their OZ passport or add a middle name.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Contact Call Centre is outsourced and has no clue about migrant cases
2. Call CMPB directly - don't mention NS registration or exit permit as they will follow script. Say that you want to deal about overseas Australian children who have NS liability.
3. No bond required.
4. Once you reach the right section, you will be given clear instructions and they will contact you every a milestone is reached until the age of 21.

Must be done at age 13 if not fine which can be compounded.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to fine them (parents) when they are already OZ citizens and gave up their passports.. My aunt was forced to gave up her passport because her son did not returned for NS. She gladly did so.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They won't bother to look for you but when you want follow the procedure later, then they will require you to pay the fine before they process the application for exit permit and deferment.

How to fine them (parents) when they are already OZ citizens and gave up their passports.. My aunt was forced to gave up her passport because her son did not returned for NS. She gladly did so.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
2. Call CMPB directly - don't mention NS registration or exit permit as they will follow script. Say that you want to deal about overseas Australian children who have NS liability.
3. No bond required.
4. Once you reach the right section, you will be given clear instructions and they will contact you every a milestone is reached until the age of 21.

When you talk to the CMPB people, do you need to furnish the new citizenship details? What if the child is currently a PR/green card holder in the process of getting the citizenship?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will guide thru the process and tell you what is needed. Typically the following

1) Copy of PR Migration visa on your Singapore Passport indicating the desire to start a new life.
2) Address and contact email.

They will ask you if you are starting a new life and that is your new home in the new country. Say yes. You then fall into a different category.

Write via [email protected].

Make sure that you do not mention NS registration or exit permit as those handling will follow script. Say that you are a migrant in a new country and that is your new home and no intention to return and say that you want to apply exemption from NS liability. Then the correct section will take over and advice on exit permit, deferment until 21 etc.

If got problem, come back here.

When you talk to the CMPB people, do you need to furnish the new citizenship details? What if the child is currently a PR/green card holder in the process of getting the citizenship?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello [scroobal],

I was trying to send a private message to you, but your mailbox is full.
Is there any chance you could clear a few of your messages to make room?
Thank you.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
satan son need to apply for exit permit huh?

he sees destruction whenever he goes.

maybe they also subcontract hotline services india?

Thanks for your reply but that's going to be a little hard as I'm located overseas and I don't think there could be anyone who could effectively do this for me back in Singapore. Guess my best bet would be to try and contact them by phone or email.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your kids have Ozzie passports, why go through all the trouble? If they turn 21 and wnat to come back to peesai, just tell them to change their names on their OZ passport or add a middle name.

LOL!!! Seems like a good idea but the only problem is that their passports would have mentioned the place of birth as peesai. :biggrin:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
3. No bond required.

Thanks for your reply bro Scroobal. I'll probably write to CMPB with my son's name and birth cert no. and get them to direct me.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will guide thru the process and tell you what is needed. Typically the following

1) Copy of PR Migration visa on your Singapore Passport indicating the desire to start a new life.
2) Address and contact email.

They will ask you if you are starting a new life and that is your new home in the new country. Say yes. You then fall into a different category.

Write via [email protected].

Make sure that you do not mention NS registration or exit permit as those handling will follow script. Say that you are a migrant in a new country and that is your new home and no intention to return and say that you want to apply exemption from NS liability. Then the correct section will take over and advice on exit permit, deferment until 21 etc.

If got problem, come back here.

So I guess that I'll mention to them that my son has migrated, has no intention of returning to sg and would like to avoid NS liability? Thanks again.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL!!! Seems like a good idea but the only problem is that their passports would have mentioned the place of birth as peesai. :biggrin:

But peesai immigration cannot just arrest anyone just because their passport indicates peesai as their birthplace. Example if A change name to B, then how customs know he used to be A.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
But peesai immigration cannot just arrest anyone just because their passport indicates peesai as their birthplace. Example if A change name to B, then how customs know he used to be A.
Just need a jealous sinkie to complain that a deserter has returned under a different name, and then the jig is up.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, but finger prints cannot change mah.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, but finger prints cannot change mah.

I'm aware of that, but i do not think immigration checks every foreign fingerprints on foreign passports or those that have sinkeeland by birth. Anyway good luck, youve made a right choice in getting your kids out of peesai. They will thank you someday.

Dunno why people here in this forum get mad at me for using the word peesai. I did not started it. Just rubbing it in. Heheh