• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exit Permit

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The scenario is a classic that was first was used by the rich elites when NS was first introduced. Send the kids overseas with the mum while Dad makes his pile in Singapore. The intention was to avoid NS. It is still being used by the ignorant. It is a straight decline. I even know of parents going thru formal divorce for appearance sake. Being told this is biggest category of defaulters.

When the plans are thwarted, they will not say that son is now a defaulter but say that he does not like to come to Singapore.

The operating principle is "family migration".

Frankly it is fair system and prevents abuse.

Agree the father has to decide soon.

Thanks.
The current case I know is not a straightforward case of migration.
The family has green card. But the father plans to return to Singapore because that is where the money is. However the kids left since toddlers, and will put up a fight if they were to be shipped back for NS. So the father reckons the kids would rather stay in US, while he returns. Hence the only "legal" way of exempting the kids from NS is by changing citizenship.
I think the father is still having "what-ifs" thoughts. I told him time does not wait. He has to decide soon.