• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Excuse me, can you buy me a sports car?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He may had gotten it if he had promised them that GOD will pay them back 100 fold and all they have to do is to have faith and take the plunge.

20120930.165555_forum-gaw.jpg

CALL him shameless or naive but a 20-year-old Malaysian has sent more than 300 letters to the richest residents in Sentosa Cove asking for a “sports car sponsorship”. And as incredible as it may sound, he said 10 have responded to him within a week – though none has granted him his wish.

In a brief letter sent last Thursday, Mr Gaw Yu Han introduced himself, giving his name and age, before stating his purpose which was “the hope of finding a sponsor”. He said he likes cars and listed as his favourites Audi R8 Coupe, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and Honda CR-Z.

“May I have the courage to ask for a car as a gift from you?” he wrote. Owners of a Sentosa Cove property, he added, “must be a person of great success” and “it will be nice to know and perhaps learn from you”.

…”But I don’t like to ask my parents for money. I’d rather get a sponsorship,” said Mr Gaw, who has lived here for 13 years…”Anyway, I spent only five cents on a letter. And even if nobody offers a car, I can still make friends. It is important to network and have connections,” he said. “I don’t expect to give anything in return. What I can offer is casual friendship.”

So far, 10 Sentosa Cove residents, all Singaporeans, have contacted him, he claimed.

But they were more interested in finding out why he is doing this than buying him his dream car. One of them, a property developer known as Victor who owns two properties at Sentosa Cove, even arranged to meet him during the F1 race last Sunday and they chatted for 30 minutes, he told The Straits Times. Victor had asked about his background and even requested to see his identity card – but no promises were made.

“I could tell that he was not interested,” said Mr Gaw, who got his F1 ticket from an uncle.

“Singaporeans will never give me a car,” he said.

But he is not discouraged.

He is pinning his hopes on foreigners, who could have missed his letter because they travel frequently, he said.

"Times have changed and foreigners are the wealthy ones," he said, adding that foreigners, like those from mainland China and Indonesia, are "so rich they don't know where to spend their money on".

Yesterday, his letter was circulated on the Hardware Zone online forum, garnering 10 pages of more than 100 comments in a day, with some netizens calling him naive and shameless.

Sentosa Cove resident Adora Ang, 22, a student, who lives in a bungalow on Ocean Drive, said he is brave to give all his contact details but silly to think it would work.

After reading the letter, she texted him: "Do you think that by sending a letter you'd get a car? Try harder."

She has yet to get a response.

[email protected]

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AT LEAST he think out of the box.
If succeed and news spread. Next time sentosa cove resident will be flooded with mail.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
AT LEAST he think out of the box.
If succeed and news spread. Next time sentosa cove resident will be flooded with mail.

we should not celebrate his desperation for material goods. we can only imagine what a desperate young man like him will do for the sports car if no one gives him one.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
true....and also what he would do with it should he get one.

we should not celebrate his desperation for material goods. we can only imagine what a desperate young man like him will do for the sports car if no one gives him one.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Write to SBF only gets him one thing in return, Tio Gan :biggrin:

hi there

1. hahaha!@
2. such specimen should get volumes from sbf.
3. instead of daydreaming of those white castles in the airs thing!
4. oops! he should be nominated in some grc thing, eat, talk & doing nothing but highly paid.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
First, he not wearing skirt......how?
Trying to fish tai tai to drive them around.
Balek n try Damansara lah.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Might consider burning him a matchbox-sized paper Ferrari if this thick-skinned motherf**ker dies....

Megaslots

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is what malaysia has produce. he should write to sultan of johor.country shld clean own shit.don let it flow to next door

Bro blackmondy is right.we burn one pok car for him going to use it soon.

stupid place produce shit to disturb peace in singapore