• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
pardon my ignorance..why can't we settle in other branches under the same bank?

for CIMB msia , I opened only with my passport . nothing else.
Guess no standard . Also best to open at a branch which is near yr house , i regretted to open in holiday plaza and anything I have to go back this branch to settle!

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are trying hard to upsell..think most banks will do so..yesterday, I was also told by the CIMB lady that network system was down and can't blah blah blah..guess that I have to be more patient and try to adapt to their culture..Peace

i went to taman daya branch as nearer to my new house. the person at the enquiry coutner try to 'taichi' me to take their islamic saving account. i told her point blank i'm only interestedin savig or current, i ask about the money multiplier account. she said "oh, that one old product, not recommended". huh? not recommend. but that one giving 2.5% interest, you know. she say "then you open FD". i said "but i not intend to lock in huge sum yet", she say "then the other account also cannot make profit. why dont you take islamic saving, taht one we promoting now". I was like huh?? you promote i must take? All throughout this exchange , done right in the open at the queue ticket mahcine, a few custmoers sitting there all looking at us. so unprofessional la!

i asked a lot of question and a lot of answer was inaccurate or just plain salah. and how can their network down with no contingency plan.. sian. as for cannot open current account, again this need to be verified in this very useful thread. one of my future neighbour immanuel mentioned he managed to open a curr account, but i guess his loan is from them.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are trying hard to upsell..think most banks will do so..yesterday, I was also told by the CIMB lady that network system was down and can't blah blah blah..guess that I have to be more patient and try to adapt to their culture..Peace

sometimes i worry if we deposit so much money and suddenly their system down n all money gone, how ?
i just dun trust msia local banks lor ....

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic,need to go back to the same state..but if open in JB branch, can go back to nusajaya branch which is in the same state rite? Yes,worried of our deposit in Msia bank..think is a good practice to keep transaction receipt/monthly statement for keeping track of bank balance..

sometimes i worry if we deposit so much money and suddenly their system down n all money gone, how ?
i just dun trust msia local banks lor ....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic,need to go back to the same state..but if open in JB branch, can go back to nusajaya branch which is in the same state rite? Yes,worried of our deposit in Msia bank..think is a good practice to keep transaction receipt/monthly statement for keeping track of bank balance..

no no , that time i went to pelangi to close my account , the lady told me i must go back to holiday plaza to close , they cant do it .....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh can see the Rm20k max limit in one of the Cimb screens when you login. I think Rm20k limit per day very high, double the Rm10k max if use money changer.

Need so many things to open account? Looks like Nusa Bestari branch easiest to open account - only need passport, IC and cash (Rm250 for saving account). Didn't ask for proof of ownership of Msia property and no need to show Msia handphone (told me to ownself register for internet banking at home).

Thanks for clarification. I was told by CIMB sg customer service on the RM25k limit instead of RM20k.
I have applied CIMB sg last week and finally went down to CIMB Msia (Jalan Segget) branch yesterday's afternoon. The waiting time is about half an hour. To apply for account in CIMB Msia, we have to bring along Passport, NRIC, Driving license (Optional), sg phone bill/Msia prepaid handphone no. and handphone itself (For TAC to activate online registration), prove to show that we own a property in Msia and cash. The Chinese mature lady by the name of KSL was snapshot in her explanation. She initally trying hard to "Taichi" me to other branches in Nusajaya as I live there and kept encouraging me to stick to my own Msia bank which I have been servicing my housing mortgage loan. Just try to be firm in your stand and read up this thread before going.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my understanding all these years, for foreigners to open a current account with Malaysian banks, you'll need either 1 of these: a referral, a mortgage with the same bank or a registered business account with the same bank. So, don't waste your time if you cannot meet at least 1 of the above criteria. I believe they are bounded by rules from Bank Negara.

HSBC current account no need either of these. Last time I just walked in and can open the account straight away, just need to wait for cheque book to be mailed to me from KL.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
swee swee, setup my cimb acct and linked up mys acct (via OTP-SMS beri gd). :biggrin:

Songbird u r right, saw RM20K for daily transfer when login.

Thank you guys!

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh can see the Rm20k max limit in one of the Cimb screens when you login. I think Rm20k limit per day very high, double the Rm10k max if use money changer.

Need so many things to open account? Looks like Nusa Bestari branch easiest to open account - only need passport, IC and cash (Rm250 for saving account). Didn't ask for proof of ownership of Msia property and no need to show Msia handphone (told me to ownself register for internet banking at home).

uhhhh. i think you need to set your hp number at the atm after opening the saving account? otherwise how to ownself register at home?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
swee swee, setup my cimb acct and linked up mys acct (via OTP-SMS beri gd). :biggrin:

Songbird u r right, saw RM20K for daily transfer when login.

Thank you guys!

boss potter, your SMS-OTP login is to which internet bankingportal? cimbclicks.com.my? So from the MY account can link to singapore account then transfer? i'm having a small headache here. sorry if i ask stupid question hor, chia u lim kopi one day