• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
swee swee, setup my cimb acct and linked up mys acct (via OTP-SMS beri gd). :biggrin:

Songbird u r right, saw RM20K for daily transfer when login.

Thank you guys!

Songbird jie jie, can increase to 25K.

see:
cimb3.JPG

btw.. can open sg cimb acct @home also.. http://www.cimbclicks.com.sg/how_to_register.htm

Signing up for MY CIMB Clicks : http://www.cimbclicks.com.my/internet-banking.html?countrytabs=1#

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need leh, they already key in my Msia hp number into their system when doing the account opening. I use the pin that they print out for me to register internet banking at home. At the ATM, i only change the ATM pin number.

this is for my cimb internet right? yeah, easier would be if i just register malaysia mobile no. I was thinking that my MY mobile is prepaid, and sometimes i change number there quite often but my singapore no is permanent, however, registering singapore no is quite a hassle.
edited: xxxxxxxxx arrrh. wong info.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah the Cimb SG staff also didn't register me for SMS-OTP authentication, only realised when I tried to register internet banking with my SG handphone...thought all SG banks will automatic register for both hp and token authentication..

If you want the sms-otp (i think it's convenient, cos for login and checking of account balance etc, no need to carry your token all overthe place), you can call CIMB hotline and ask them to email you the request for OTP form. I've done that this morning...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah need to wait for token before can perform fund transfer, but no need to wait for approval of linking as can add yourself as third party and use transfer to third party mode.

then why need to do the linking of the two account ah? is it becos easier to see, or can view both account (SG and MY) balance from the cimbclick SG portal?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Songbird jie jie, can increase to 25K.

see:
View attachment 11718

btw.. can open sg cimb acct @home also.. http://www.cimbclicks.com.sg/how_to_register.htm

Signing up for MY CIMB Clicks : http://www.cimbclicks.com.my/internet-banking.html?countrytabs=1#

bro potter,
So, the transfer that everyone in this forum is doing is "Malaysian transfer - to 3rd party CIMB a/c" ? (<-- if havent' "link" to MY account)
after link to MY account approve, can do a "Malaysian transfer - to own CIMB a/c" .
Not "telegraphic transfer", right?
The "telegraphic transfer" got charges?
thanks for your help..! you cut and paste picture, explanation become very clear!

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro potter,
So, the transfer that everyone in this forum is doing is "Malaysian transfer - to 3rd party CIMB a/c" ? (<-- if havent' "link" to MY account)
after link to MY account approve, can do a "Malaysian transfer - to own CIMB a/c" .

To My CIMB Malaysia Account --> need approval
Transfer funds from your Current/Saving accounts in CIMB Singapore to your Current/Saving accounts in CIMB Malaysia.
Please link your CIMB Malaysia account(s) first - go to Clicks Settings >> Link My CIMB Malaysia Account.

To 3rd Party CIMB Malaysia Account --> need the token, so think they bypass it by using this to transfer.

Transfer funds from your Current/Saving accounts in CIMB Singapore to another person's Current/Saving account in CIMB Malaysia.

TT is under Global Transfer, need to pay $$ (boz there's a "CIMB Bank Singapore Charges borne by").
Not "telegraphic transfer", right?
The "telegraphic transfer" got charges?
thanks for your help..! you cut and paste picture, explanation become very clear!

ya, no job liao can join their call centre...on the fly.:biggrin:

Last edited:

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recent price weakness of Malaysian Ringgit really unexpected and I was thinking to convert a BIG lump sum to RM. Not sure is this a wise move?

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recent price weakness of Malaysian Ringgit really unexpected and I was thinking to convert a BIG lump sum to RM. Not sure is this a wise move?

Hi Ironman, if the rates goes up, it will not be a wise move as the amt is Big and so your losses will be big too. Anyway, before you do anything, it's good to make sure your bank is a member of PIDM, then the deposits insurance will cover your deposits up to RM250,000.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

break your BIG LUMP SUM into 10-12 pieces, every time MYR hit a new low, transfer one piece. Is better strategy. since i think you got the CIMB free transfer all set up, rght?

Last edited:

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I opened up saving a/c with CIMB NB2 branch on Thursday 15th Aug. My ATM card was immediately activated and was advised to change the pin on spot. Thereafter tried to register online on the spot and ultimately found that overseas mobile no. (singapore) has different procedure. Have to FAX the no. with passport and other details. Lady at the counter helped me to do so. According to her she asked me to login after 24hrs to register online. I tried few times today but get same message that my mobile no. is incorrect. Called CIMB MY hotline, they say it would take 5 to 10 working day to activate the mobile no. :mad:

Has anyone faced the same issue. Is there any other alternative to register SG mobile no. for CIMB MY a/c?
Appreciate the advice

this is for my cimb internet right? yeah, easier would be if i just register malaysia mobile no. I was thinking that my MY mobile is prepaid, and sometimes i change number there quite often but my singapore no is permanent, however, registering singapore no is quite a hassle.
edited: xxxxxxxxx arrrh. wong info.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I opened up saving a/c with CIMB NB2 branch on Thursday 15th Aug. My ATM card was immediately activated and was advised to change the pin on spot. Thereafter tried to register online on the spot and ultimately found that overseas mobile no. (singapore) has different procedure. Have to FAX the no. with passport and other details. Lady at the counter helped me to do so. According to her she asked me to login after 24hrs to register online. I tried few times today but get same message that my mobile no. is incorrect. Called CIMB MY hotline, they say it would take 5 to 10 working day to activate the mobile no. :mad:

Has anyone faced the same issue. Is there any other alternative to register SG mobile no. for CIMB MY a/c?
Appreciate the advice

This is correct. Need to wait for activation of Internet banking for the foreign number. Your account should be active, but if transfer money from Sg only way to check is to go there and use ATM card.....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Appreciate the advice

same procedure as yours. Now CIMB processing, may take 5 days. My suggestion is if you have a permanent MY mobile no, that would be easier. You can just set the no at the CIMB ATM. No need long wait.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is correct. Need to wait for activation of Internet banking for the foreign number. Your account should be active, but if transfer money from Sg only way to check is to go there and use ATM card.....

another way is to transfer small amount, 100SGD first. then call MY CIMB hotline , ask them to check account balance. no need to drive to JB and check at the ATM!

Last edited:

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
do not have permanent MY mobile no. hence need to wait, seems no other choice...
thank you all for the advice

same procedure as yours. Now CIMB processing, may take 5 days. My suggestion is if you have a permanent MY mobile no, that would be easier. You can just set the no at the CIMB ATM. No need long wait.

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks all bro's suggestions. Guess will convert in multiple times during next few months.... LOL, lots of Sinkies nowadays in JB....

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
another way is to transfer small amount, 100SGD first. then call MY CIMB hotline , ask them to check account balance. no need to drive to JB and check at the ATM!

Hi malpaso, try with the min S$1 first. In that case, u will save S$99 if it did not go thru..no heart break.. :smile: