• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
so you manage to activate the sgp handphone without filling the form? i think all the bankers there confuse one another la. btw, the current account has check book and better interest. so if you keeping reasonably large amount there dormant for a while, i think money multiplier account is better. but today i cannot open because "system down". pengzzz sia.

Not an urgent to activate the SG HP no now.
U still need the FORM for registration, but can DIY as stated above (#1886)

think of the objective..:biggrin:

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for clarification. I was told by CIMB sg customer service on the RM25k limit instead of RM20k.
I have applied CIMB sg last week and finally went down to CIMB Msia (Jalan Segget) branch yesterday's afternoon. The waiting time is about half an hour. To apply for account in CIMB Msia, we have to bring along Passport, NRIC, Driving license (Optional), sg phone bill/Msia prepaid handphone no. and handphone itself (For TAC to activate online registration), prove to show that we own a property in Msia and cash. The Chinese mature lady by the name of KSL was snapshot in her explanation. She initally trying hard to "Taichi" me to other branches in Nusajaya as I live there and kept encouraging me to stick to my own Msia bank which I have been servicing my housing mortgage loan. Just try to be firm in your stand and read up this thread before going.

the online transfer max is Rm20k

Last edited:

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
Current CIMB internet transfer rate - 2.5478
Counter TT should be 2.5478 + 200 pip = 2.5678

Fantastic Counter TT rate !

How is the procedure like in order to get that rate? any minimum amt to TT? any charges ? any other terms & conditions ?

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for clarification. I was told by CIMB sg customer service on the RM25k limit instead of RM20k.
I have applied CIMB sg last week and finally went down to CIMB Msia (Jalan Segget) branch yesterday's afternoon. The waiting time is about half an hour. To apply for account in CIMB Msia, we have to bring along Passport, NRIC, Driving license (Optional), sg phone bill/Msia prepaid handphone no. and handphone itself (For TAC to activate online registration), prove to show that we own a property in Msia and cash. The Chinese mature lady by the name of KSL was snapshot in her explanation. She initally trying hard to "Taichi" me to other branches in Nusajaya as I live there and kept encouraging me to stick to my own Msia bank which I have been servicing my housing mortgage loan. Just try to be firm in your stand and read up this thread before going.

Hi Bro Lyc396,

With regards to the RM25k limit, is it per transaction or per day ?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

yup, over in m'sia CIMB, can't really get a straight answer unless you read through this thread and know what to ask! even then, may get wrong info. very poor in general although they are always polite and genuine enough as people. also i think the town side branches (JB) are more familiar with requests from singaporeans.

Just a quick question: yesterday afternoon, you opened the savings (airasia) acct , or the current (money multiplier)?

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just opened Air Asia Saver acc. Need to pay RM65 for the token if u opt for that! Nothing is free like in SG.

Frankly, I'd rather use the handphone for the TAC. Already too many tokens to carry about from those banks in Sinkie Land. Furthermore, for most Malaysian banks, if you want to change your Malaysian handphone number, you can simply DIY at their ATMs.

And if you have linked your M'sia CIMB account to your SG CIMB account, you can even check the balance and transactions done on your M'sia CIMB account directly from your SG CIMB Internet Banking. However, you cannot do any transactions on your M'sia CIMB account. I was told that probably from 2014, there will be a common platform for both CIMB SG and CIMB M'sia Internet Banking, but I don't know how they are going to do that with those restrictions from MAS and Bank Negara. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes,agreed that she is nice and polite overall but just somehow lacking of product knowledge and a taichi master. Btw, she mentioned that she has seen quite a no. of Singaporean these few days without proper documentation. I have opened airasia account. If I am not mistaken, i am not able to open current account as foreigner unless I have some business in Msia or my property mortgage is tied up with them.

yup, over in m'sia CIMB, can't really get a straight answer unless you read through this thread and know what to ask! even then, may get wrong info. very poor in general although they are always polite and genuine enough as people. also i think the town side branches (JB) are more familiar with requests from singaporeans.

Just a quick question: yesterday afternoon, you opened the savings (airasia) acct , or the current (money multiplier)?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes,agreed that she is nice and polite overall but just somehow lacking of product knowledge and a taichi master. Btw, she mentioned that she has seen quite a no. of Singaporean these few days without proper documentation. I have opened airasia account. If I am not mistaken, i am not able to open current account as foreigner unless I have some business in Msia or my property mortgage is tied up with them.

i went to taman daya branch as nearer to my new house. the person at the enquiry coutner try to 'taichi' me to take their islamic saving account. i told her point blank i'm only interestedin savig or current, i ask about the money multiplier account. she said "oh, that one old product, not recommended". huh? not recommend. but that one giving 2.5% interest, you know. she say "then you open FD". i said "but i not intend to lock in huge sum yet", she say "then the other account also cannot make profit. why dont you take islamic saving, taht one we promoting now". I was like huh?? you promote i must take? All throughout this exchange , done right in the open at the queue ticket mahcine, a few custmoers sitting there all looking at us. so unprofessional la!

i asked a lot of question and a lot of answer was inaccurate or just plain salah. and how can their network down with no contingency plan.. sian. as for cannot open current account, again this need to be verified in this very useful thread. one of my future neighbour immanuel mentioned he managed to open a curr account, but i guess his loan is from them.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my understanding all these years, for foreigners to open a current account with Malaysian banks, you'll need either 1 of these: a referral, a mortgage with the same bank or a registered business account with the same bank. So, don't waste your time if you cannot meet at least 1 of the above criteria. I believe they are bounded by rules from Bank Negara.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my understanding all these years, for foreigners to open a current account with Malaysian banks, you'll need either 1 of these: a referral, a mortgage with the same bank or a registered business account with the same bank. So, don't waste your time if you cannot meet any of the above criteria. I believe they are bounded by rules from Bank Negara.

not true , last year I opened current account with Hong Leong bank , no referal nor mortgage loan with them too!
I dont meet any criterial you mentioned and still able to open current account.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
not true , last year I opened current account with Hong Leong bank , no referal nor mortgage loan with them too!
I dont meet any criterial you mentioned and still able to open current account.

Well, maybe Hong Leong Bank is less strict as they'd already allowed FDs from Singaporeans since 1995. But my personal experiences with Standard Chartered Bank, CIMB, Maybank, RHB Bank, all told me the same thing. I used to have Hong Leong Bank as well, but did not ask them about their current account.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, maybe Hong Leong Bank is less strict as they'd already allowed FDs from Singaporeans since 1995. But my personal experiences with Standard Chartered Bank, CIMB, Maybank, RHB Bank, all told me the same thing. I used to have Hong Leong Bank as well, but did not ask them about their current account.

for CIMB msia , I opened only with my passport . nothing else.
Guess no standard . Also best to open at a branch which is near yr house , i regretted to open in holiday plaza and anything I have to go back this branch to settle!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only with passport? How they verify your address? Did they ask you for your utility bill then?

Last edited:

nameno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night, Bukit Indah money changers quoted me 2.535
Then, I tried to withdraw RM50 from my Spore Maybank acc in Msia's Maybank ATM...RM50=SGD19.64, rate 2.5458 which is better rate than the money changers. Cheers!

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night, Bukit Indah money changers quoted me 2.535
Then, I tried to withdraw RM50 from my Spore Maybank acc in Msia's Maybank ATM...RM50=SGD19.64, rate 2.5458 which is better rate than the money changers. Cheers!

I don't think money changers can match banks rate.