• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You go to the remittance company, give them your account number, write them a cheque and there you go..
Admin fee is usually $10.. Raffles1 charge multiple $10 for each 10K but they no longer want to do this business.

how you transfer?...
exchange and then go there deposit? ..

any one have the TT rate and the respective administrative fees ? ..

I am thinking to transfer over some and put it inside the flexi account to offset the principal amount..

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, has anyone tried internet transfer between their CIMB Singapore and CIMB Malaysia accounts ? Apparently its free and instant and no limit is stated.

http://www.cimbclicks.com.sg/mastrans.htm

I already have a CIMB Singapore account with internet banking and I thought that if this cross border transfer is as good as it sounds, I will just open a CIMB Malaysia current account so that I can transfer money over each time I need to issue payment to developer. Based on the indicative exchange rates on CIMB internet banking, today's rate is 2.4230, which doesn't sound too bad for the convenience.

Any comments from people who have done this ? Thanks

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
hi guys n gals,
at my regular money changer in KL now
Rate is now rm2.44.90
after some haggling he cave in and gave me rm2.45
looks like we're heading towards rm2.50 by year end.

Blue_S

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just exchanged some RM at Parkway Parade yesterday.

Remittance 2.4425
Cash Exchange over counter 2.44

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inflation rate in Singapore has shot up. MAS is likely to quicken the pace of S$ appreciation. My personal prediction is that 2.55 is not impossible.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
So bro, how long do u think it will take to show the effect on lowering down the inflation? What is the lag time before we see the effect on the lower export volumes? One quarter? Thanks

Inflation rate in Singapore has shot up. MAS is likely to quicken the pace of S$ appreciation. My personal prediction is that 2.55 is not impossible.

Last edited:

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
COE and housing cost are the two main drivers for the current high inflation. Govt may do something to curb housing cost rise. On the other hand, I don't think Govt is going to do anything about the high COE. Taking this into consideration, I guess current inflation rate is going stay for a while.

So bro, how long do u think it will take to show the effect on lowering down the inflation? What is the lag time before we see the effect on the lower export volumes? One quarter? Thanks