• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex-Presidential loser TKL has a different view on Mahathir and the crisis.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://atans1.wordpress.com/2018/12/09/tan-kin-lian-thinks-tun-is-more-sinned-against-than-sinning/

Whatever one can say about TKL, he’s got the balls to speak out in support of Tun unlike Tun brown nosers Tan Wah Piow, PJ Thum and Kirsten Han* ( “Antics Of Civil Society Activists Endanger Opposition Cause”); and Jolovan Wham: Nothing wrong in asking Tun M to intervene in S’porean affairs. Their silence is deafening shameful and in character. Sad.

Some people think that Dr. M is back to his old ways of “do Singapore in”. This perception is also being fanned by some people at senior levels and the media.
I have a different view. Here are my reasons:
a) Dr. M today is quite different from the past. He came back from retirement to remove a kleptocratic govt (quoting the description that he used). He does not want to see his country go down the drain.​

b) Malaysia faced financial challenges. His ministers approached Singapore to waive the penalty for the cancellation of the High Speed Rail. We refused. He asked Singapore to pay a higher price for the water. We refused.
c) He came to Singapore during the ASEAN meeting to receive an honorary doctor of law degree (which he does not need). His main purpose was, in my guess, to talk about the price of water. The meeting concluded with an understanding to continue discussions. We are talking about $15 million a year, not a lot of money.
Dr. M must be disappointed at the attitude of the Singapore govt leaders. I can understand his disappointment.
I have been alarmed at the billions that we spend on infrastructure projects in Singapore. In some cases, I felt the large sums spent were excessive and unnecessary.
I would certainly have preferred to spend just a few hundred millions to build good relations with Malaysia, especially during their hour of need.
Sadly, we did not extend a hand of help. We missed the opportunity to build goodwill.
We will now pay the price for the bad relations. It will cost many times more than the money that we should have spent.
Some people will argue that we need to be “principled” and to adhere to the rule of law and contractual agreements.
I cannot understand why being “principled” should preclude us from being generous in helping someone who needs the help.
There is still time to change our approach. I hope that our foreign minister can play a role in bringing this about. He should not miss this opportunity.
Tan Kin Lian​
Excluding those ex-NTUC Income staff who voted for him because they didn’t want him to lose his deposit (he was a good CEO and I understand their loyalty to a good, fair boss) and those who he (and I and others) tried to help over mini bonds etc (a gesture of gratitude); I hope the others who voted for him now realise that they were irresponsible voters especially as Dr Tan Chin Bock lost by a short nose.
Don’t play play with yr vote.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His main purpose was, in my guess, to talk about the price of water. The meeting concluded with an understanding to continue discussions. We are talking about $15 million a year, not a lot of money.
This fella is talking cock lah. He thinks Mudland babi hard up for just 15 million? Give them 15 million and they'll stop harassing us for more? The best thing for SG to do now is not be anyone's bitch.. or we will turn into Mudland's ATM

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL is a mudland collaborator. Basically mudland is fanning the flames but pap has shown their incompetence. Madhatter does want to do singkieland in.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TKL is a mudland collaborator. Basically mudland is fanning the flames but pap has shown their incompetence. Madhatter does want to do singkieland in.

That's the story line - that Mudland started it - created and fanned by the PAP.

The border issues came up because Sinkapore did not consult with Mudland before implementing ILS for Seletar. It was a slight to Mudland again. After all the airspace is primarily Mudland and here Sinkapore does as it pleases. That's the sinkee arrogance.

So, Mudland retaliated - ask to take back control of air space and bring back its claims of territorial water.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
How on earth he got his wish to get into MFA is beyond me.
Precisely. He's not done anything except screwing up and giving excuses. "Ponding" my two hairy balls. YOG overbudget is well-spent my foot! Now they made him Foreign Minister. God help us all.

Insider Player

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the story line - that Mudland started it - created and fanned by the PAP.

The border issues came up because Sinkapore did not consult with Mudland before implementing ILS for Seletar. It was a slight to Mudland again. After all the airspace is primarily Mudland and here Sinkapore does as it pleases. That's the sinkee arrogance.

So, Mudland retaliated - ask to take back control of air space and bring back its claims of territorial water.

Mahathir is just doing his job.
Putting malaysia’s and Malaysians’ interests first.
He’s making Malaysia great again or at least trying his best to.
That’s more that what I can say of our pap traitors.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Kin Lian is just a fucking stupid old fart who was lucky and managed to make a living in the good old days where u don’t need a lot of brains to succeed in life.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr M is no angel. But our ministers are often deemed to be arrogant and inflexible, lacking in EQ. Vivian Balakrishnan is all three.

Just by looking at Vivian's face is enough to be convinced that he possesses all the 3 faults. Holier than thou; talk big act tough and looking smug! So clever might as well threaten war!