• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Evolution vs Creation - Church To Apologise

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
eh, bro, I only commented on my belief and I did not stuff it down anyone's throat and if you say animals also have brains to discover this very same world and its beauty I also won't ask whether you were animal before or what to know that :biggrin:

3 cheers, bro

heheh...

no hard feelings, for some folks truly have been dead, albeit a few minutes, and they came back to life.

if only these group of folks could give us, the living, a better picture of what lies after death; then it would be, truly, the best knowledge given to us.

don't you want to know? :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
In the final analysis, it is your faith and your life.

If your faith brings limited sight, then perhaps you may like to take another look. But if you feels that is enough, then you have made your choice.

my dear bro,

it is exactly because i have faith that i haven't learned anything much and i don't know anything much, and that's the driving force that propels many people into delving into the unknown :biggrin:

Z

Zombie

I hold a different point of view: that faith brings sight.

Six blind men were asked to determine what an elephant looked like by feeling different parts of the elephant's body.

The blind man who feels a leg says the elephant is like a pillar;
the one who feels the tail says the elephant is like a rope;
the one who feels the trunk says the elephant is like a tree branch;
the one who feels the ear says the elephant is like a hand fan;
the one who feels the belly says the elephant is like a wall;

and

the last one who feels the tusk says:

"I have great faith
and faith brings sight,
the elephant is like nothing
but a solid pipe."

:biggrin::p

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
but the elephant exists in its entirety

and when the six blind men (who are not deaf) come and compare notes, they will use their facts and will/may take the leap of faith that there is an elephant after all

i do not mean to be offensive if i say that it is your faith your choice...it is because i know everyone treasures their own beliefs and ultimately whoever can change your belief is you yourself alone.

Z

Zombie

but the elephant exists in its entirety

and when the six blind men (who are not deaf) come and compare notes, they will use their facts and will/may take the leap of faith that there is an elephant after all

i do not mean to be offensive if i say that it is your faith your choice...it is because i know everyone treasures their own beliefs and ultimately whoever can change your belief is you yourself alone.

"Change in belief" contradicts the acceptance of entirety.
It is a discard of something in exchange for something else.
Compare notes? Change in belief is to dump your own notes and pick up another's notes.
You are not asking others to compare notes.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
God or No God, you are responsible for this life. You dig your own grave. You dig your own destiny.You eat your own fruits - sweet and bitter. And you bury yourself in your own blackhole you've dug for yourself. No GOD can save you if you continue to live a life of debaunchery and licientiousness. The only way to see GOD and to believe in GOD is to live a pious and noble life. The more wayward you are the less GOD you see.

i disagree with you on this one. God's Grace is extended to all. you haven't heard of convicts becoming born again Christians or Pastors? Hey if faith can change their lives? Isn't that a good thing?

Only when you find peace in yourself and stay humble, you can see God.

Doesn't mean when you are well provided and living a "good" life, you will find fulfillment. During these periods of un-fulfilled life, you may seek God, cause that's the time you humble yourself, and you may start to ask yourself this question, what is the purpose of my existence? How could I live my life for the purpose of enjoyment only?

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
we can't disprove of the unknown. just as anyone could not disprove the existence of God, anyone also could not disprove the existence of the Invisible Pink Unicorn or the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the Celestial Teapot.

only if you understand the purpose of each, you would not bother about proving or disproving.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The world will be a peace if everyone knows how to keep his views to himself....

would you keep quiet if you know you can save people by spreading good news??

why are you afraid or even to listen to what they are saying?

is your conscience telling you, hey, maybe he's right after all?

maybe i should let him finish speaking?

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
heheh...

no hard feelings, for some folks truly have been dead, albeit a few minutes, and they came back to life.

if only these group of folks could give us, the living, a better picture of what lies after death; then it would be, truly, the best knowledge given to us.

don't you want to know? :biggrin:

neber watch TV progamme about people seeing tunnel of light or floating up and looking at their own body when they are on the brink of death?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
neber watch TV progamme about people seeing tunnel of light or floating up and looking at their own body when they are on the brink of death?

too close for comfort, such Near Death Experiences bear too much similarity to the Bardot state described by the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

wouldn't one's memory imprint be filled with what one already come across with throughout one's life? coincidental or?

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Change in belief" contradicts the acceptance of entirety.
It is a discard of something in exchange for something else.
Compare notes? Change in belief is to dump your own notes and pick up another's notes.
You are not asking others to compare notes.

I do not understand your accusation. But I guess you must have strong reasons to feel that way. If so, please overlook the offense.

####

Here is another scenario:
the six blind men came together and argued that their conclusions of what they experienced are the right ones. And only they are right. No one can convince them otherwise.

Thus they are not comparing notes. They are defending notes.

As such, they will never be able to take the leap of faith to know the existence of the elephant, only the concrete evidence of their own limited notes.

Thus they are partly right. But wholly wrong.
To reiterate, perhaps for the last time in relation to this set of posts, your faith is your choice. Therefore, I would suggest that you make choices that are fully right (as right as you sincerely believe them to be).

And that sort of choice, in my opinion, involves taking in the available evidence and stepping out in faith to reach out for God's hands.

Or for others, Darwin's thoughts.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Or for others, Darwin's hands.

erm... in Darwin's hand? please, that old man is long dead and may he rest in peace.

Darwin's idea merely suggested that organisms are put through selection pressure and may flourish or perish depending on the surrounding conditions.

simply put, one group of locust, the ones which camouflages itself best to avoid predation and being able to reproduce quickly would flourish, whilst the yellow ones are quickly spotted by predators, perhaps doesn't reproduce quickly enough to replace their population, would perish.

that kind of natural selection presents itself as a pressure, favoring the green colored locust, supposing the area get hits by drought, the yellow locust might have a higher chance of survival.

so much for the locusts, Darwin made use of the Galapagos Finches to describe this observation. it was from here, that we deduce that if the Finches came from a single pair of parents initially, the selection pressure would result in slight deviation in terms of the appearance of the Finches' beak, pretty much due to the type of food that is available, which was the case in those small island groups in Galapagos.

yes, birds can fly... and i'm pretty sure Darwin haven't come across genotyping back in those days... a run on the DNA samples of those Finches could probably tell us how related those Finches are to one another.

drawing that to human population, pray tell that back in 5000BC it was highly possible for a Caucasian to marry an Asian. look at the conditions now, besides that social stigma, if the male found the female sexually attractive enough and vice versa, the humping goes. :biggrin:

Z

Zombie

I do not understand your accusation. But I guess you must have strong reasons to feel that way. If so, please overlook the offense.

####

Here is another scenario:
the six blind men came together and argued that their conclusions of what they experienced are the right ones. And only they are right. No one can convince them otherwise.

Thus they are not comparing notes. They are defending notes.

As such, they will never be able to take the leap of faith to know the existence of the elephant, only the concrete evidence of their own limited notes.

Thus they are partly right. But wholly wrong.
To reiterate, perhaps for the last time in relation to this set of posts, your faith is your choice. Therefore, I would suggest that you make choices that are fully right (as right as you sincerely believe them to be).

And that sort of choice, in my opinion, involves taking in the available evidence and stepping out in faith to reach out for God's hands.

Or for others, Darwin's thoughts.

No accusation. Just pointing out where I think you could have gone wrong.

Hey, maybe you're right after all. :eek::p:biggrin: