• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

even old change kee raise price

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
everything went up by 20 cents.

the curry puff from $1.10 now $1.30. almost 20% increase.

still i'll bet the old folk cashiers will not be getting a pay rise pretty soon.

most likely will go to landlords, while the poor suck thumb.

sad.....the puff is good when you're looking for a quick cheap snack in town (can even delay lunch).

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

still i'll bet the old folk cashiers will not be getting a pay rise pretty soon.

sad.....the puff is good when you're looking for a quick cheap snack in town (can even delay lunch).

Can't understand ppl eating OLD JUNK KEE curry puff it's full of
recycle oil in side the curry puff.

One day my wife 2 pcs kept in the frigde, next day I microwave it imaging to my shock, oil came from inside out! I peel the puff skin and threw into the dustbin only ate the potatoes with white bread! Don't take my words for it TRY it yourself to believe!

So I will never patronise OLD JUNK KEE oily deep fried stuff they are killing the healthy peasants...

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
old junkee today is not like its early glory days when they focused on good curry puffs. these days, they add so much additional junk to their variety affecting the standards of their curry puffs.

the fishballs/ sotong balls etc possibly could be ntuc housebrand ones

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pay so much to get unhealthy? :rolleyes:

I think its a given that as long as you eat outside food, its unhealthy.

Its a business anyway, lowest cost wins.

The point was even eating crappy, unhealthy food, it was filling.
One of their fat currypuff is as filling as 3 coffeeshop ones. It fills tummy of peasants.

But even this is not spared from price increase.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its a given that as long as you eat outside food, its unhealthy.

Its a business anyway, lowest cost wins.

One of their fat currypuff is as filling as 3 coffeeshop ones. It fills tummy of peasants.

But even this is not spared from price increase.

If you compare a curry puff against yong tau foo, you will find that your choice of outside food can be healthy or unhealthy.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Convenience has a cost of future health problems.
Healthcare is very expensive in Spore. Healthier to get some apples, bannanas,...

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once upon a time, OCK's curry pok opp Rex was selling for only $0.30. And they taste so much better! Now it's so expensive and the taste sucks! Feel like throwing up after eating!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have gave up on OCK a long time ago. Food quality has gone down the drain. Food portion is going south and one thing is always consistent, the price is going North !

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

polar bear 1.50 !!! smaller and less ingredients...

UP UP AND AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's true facility costs are ridiculous but OCK itself are no saints too. Such snacks should made affordable but they're making it out of reach for the lower income let alone the poor. How sad can one be.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have gave up on OCK a long time ago. Food quality has gone down the drain. Food portion is going south and one thing is always consistent, the price is going North !

Your friendly neigbourhood, 'comical limp' will tell you, give the Aunties minimum wages, the curry pok ( oops, puff) will cost $2.50 every thing connected with the curry puff ( pok) will be reduced. Then Old Junk Key, will have to relocate to Batam Island...:biggrin: