• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Even Guardian Pharmacy (bugis) now employs Viet cashiers.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - CB TRAITORS Employ Viet Cab Drivers!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>lauta76 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Dec-25 9:59 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>makapa <NOBR></NOBR>unread</TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (2 of 9) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>26277.2 in reply to 26277.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Even Guardian Pharmacy (bugis) now employs Viet cashiers.
On Sunday, my wife saw the usual vitamins she take was selling for a 20% discount, and wanted to buy. Viet cashier scanned it w/o the discount and when challenged, insists that the scanned price is the right one, and is already net of discount. My wife has been taking the same brand for 2 years and obviously knows the original price.
Wifey suggested that the Viet cashier punch in the 20% manually if the scanner has not given the 20% discount. Viet cashier is totally clueless and kept insisting it cannot be done. Wifey left, and the outlet lost the sale.
She also saw at another outlet the same vitamins, with the 20% discount given. Employers, please wake up your idea if you think hiring FTs will help the bottomline; they screw up your topline (revenue) which is infinitely worse.

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

gone4good

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm, seeing it from another point of view. I do not think the employers mind (in this case GP). Your wife ultimately still purchased the pills from another outlet so there is no sales lost (if she did purchased at the 2nd outlet). If not, imagine your wife unknowingly did not question the cashier when paying her at the 1st outlet. GP would have earn 20% extra. So either way, it looks like GP is in a win-win situation

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very difficult to find singaporeans who stay loyal. Among SMEs in the chamber of commerce, we have great difficulty in hiring despite recession because of dependency ratios for foreign talent

Hope the government will make it easier for us to use more FT because Singaporean not interested in working for SMEs and would rather stay unemployed if they can't find work with MNCs or civil service

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - CB TRAITORS Employ Viet Cab Drivers!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>lauta76 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Dec-25 9:59 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>makapa <NOBR></NOBR>unread</TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (2 of 9) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>26277.2 in reply to 26277.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Even Guardian Pharmacy (bugis) now employs Viet cashiers.
On Sunday, my wife saw the usual vitamins she take was selling for a 20% discount, and wanted to buy. Viet cashier scanned it w/o the discount and when challenged, insists that the scanned price is the right one, and is already net of discount. My wife has been taking the same brand for 2 years and obviously knows the original price.
Wifey suggested that the Viet cashier punch in the 20% manually if the scanner has not given the 20% discount. Viet cashier is totally clueless and kept insisting it cannot be done. Wifey left, and the outlet lost the sale.
She also saw at another outlet the same vitamins, with the 20% discount given. Employers, please wake up your idea if you think hiring FTs will help the bottomline; they screw up your topline (revenue) which is infinitely worse.

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Complaining in the net what's the use. Do something in real life. Gather a group and stand in front of the stall and chant out loud, FT is not doing us good.

You need balls to do that, you have any? That is what people in a real democratic country do.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Complaining in the net what's the use. Do something in real life. Gather a group and stand in front of the stall and chant out loud, FT is not doing us good.

You need balls to do that, you have any? That is what people in a real democratic country do.

What will they do in Thailand?, if they had done what is being carried out in SINgapore?..they would demonstrate in front of the store(s), or even burn it down..

SINgaporean's are much peacful, they make a lot of noises in the comfort of their palatial homes ( HDB flats), for they are balless; many of the 66.6% are either spayed or neutered...so what do you expect?:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What will they do in Thailand?, if they had done what is being carried out in SINgapore?..they would demonstrate in front of the store(s), or even burn it down..

SINgaporean's are much peacful, they make a lot of noises in the comfort of their palatial homes ( HDB flats), for they are balless; many of the 66.6% are either spayed or neutered...so what do you expect?:biggrin:

++++

think we are like some China-men?

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
The customer was so silly. Why waste time arguing with the FT cashier, call for the supervisor or manager and show them the 20% price discount that she saw advertised at the shelf or price-tag etc.

Then demand from the manager an apology from the FT cashier, telling them to be more careful with the pricing discrepancies loudly in future.

In some establishments, when a price discrepancy occurs at the cash register, the product is often given away free as a goodwill gesture.

jojostar

Alfrescian
Loyal

you don't know much about Thailand, in small disputes like this Thais will try to resolve it so everyone is happy, if this is not possible they will not go overboard. Politics is different because that has a crucial bearing on their lives.

I have seen many times local store clerks are even more clueless o point asking them anything. The price was not updated correctly in their system to include the discount, it is not her call to overrule it and cut another 20% off, she should have asked her supervisor if there was one there, or your wife should have asked to talk to the supervisor to resolve this.

as for why there are Viet cashiers working there you need to ask would a Singaporean do this job and stick with this job?

And you locals seem to not understand what Ft means it doesn't mean a low paid cashier it means a highly skilled expat. most of the foreigners brought into Singapore are not FT but on working pass to do unskilled jobs you guys just don't want to do. it is so much easier to sit in a coffee shop and bitch about the government than to take up a job like this.

jojostar

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i got mad and started a new discussion about ever encounter i had with an ignorant Singaporean i would be spending all my time doing that and thinking about it would make my blood pressure rise.

instead i tried to limit contact with locals as much as possible which isn't that difficult except for taxi drivers and hawker stall owners (who are friendly because they know i pay them money regardless if i am an ft or local)

i think locals can do the same thing much easier, don't interact with foreigners here, don't hire foreign maids or other 'ft' and don't send your spoiled brat kids overseas to school else they start to act like an ft. live in your hdb estate and don't come out to raffles or orchard road where all the foreigners are. then you wont have anything to complain about.