• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Even a great composer had to think of money and not work for the sheer joy of it

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.mozart.com/en/timeline/life/mozart-and-money/

Money played an essential role in the life of Mozart. Even during his time as a child prodigy - Mozart’s father had given up his own position as a musician for some time to support the career of his son – Wolfgang had to contribute to the family budget.

Unfortunately, musicians were not held in very high social esteem under Emperor Joseph II and hardly made ‘royal’ earnings.

Later in life, especially during Mozart’s time in Vienna, when Wolfgang Amadeus had to come up with his family's livelihood, money was a constant issue. Mozart hardly ever composed or played music ‘for the sheer joy of it’; he was constantly looking for well-paid commissions.

Luxury – and Abject Poverty
As with all freelance artists, Mozart’s income fluctuated. Times of overabundance and poverty both featured throughout Mozart’s entire life. When money was there, he spent it liberally. Constant moves and a luxurious lifestyle were extremely costly – but Mozart was more than capable of making money in Vienna.

But there were also times when the Mozart family had to endure abject poverty. Wolfgang Amadeus’ careless handling of money was not the only reason for this. Constanze Mozart suffered from ulcerated varicose veins at times and had to stay at health spas for extended periods. The horrendous costs took a heavy toll on the family budget. For years, Mozart was forced to ask his brother Mason Michael Buchberg for financial support. Several pleading letters still exist, very often with desperate content: “… should you, my best friend and brother, desert me, I shall be exceedingly unhappy and innocently doomed with my poor sick wife and child”.

Mozart was a hedonist who was incapable of saving for bad times. He spent money when he had it and suffered when he did not. However, Mozart’s life was not marked by poverty.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only ah sia Kia son of pahang whore @AhMeng will call people using LEGIT ways to make money as greedy. Or blatant liar @sweetiepie doing blatant character assasination of me. That’s how shameless Malaysians are.