• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Euthanasia needs to be legal in Singapore asap.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

30yo sole breadwinner of family earning $3K/month asks how to fund her sick father’s medical bills once he uses up all her MediSave​

Photo by Roslan Rahman - AFP

"I can't help feeling worried about my own future with almost no Medisave left. I don't even dare to think about starting a new family, since I already have one family to support," she said.

October 29, 2022
By Obbana Rajah
Follow us on Instagram and Telegram

The sole breadwinner of a family took to social media asking how she would continue to fund her father’s medical bills once he had used up all the money in her MediSave account.
In an anonymous post to popular confessions page SGWhispers, the netizen wrote that both her parents were unemployed due to health issues, with neither of them having any money in their savings or CPF accounts. The only asset the family had was the three-room flat they were living in.
The netizen, a 30-year-old woman, wrote that she was currently the sole breadwinner of the family and earned $3,000 a month. She added that she also had two unemployed younger sisters who were married with children of their own.

“My father had a heart failure 4 years ago and recently had a heart transplant. Thanks to government subsidies and social help, I was able to pay the medical bills with my Medisave and minimal cash. However, my Medisave is almost used up and no one else in my family has any Medisave left. My father still has many recurring medical costs which are also being paid with my Medisave and I know that my Medisave is going to empty out sooner or later”, the netizen wrote.
She added that while she was grateful she did not have to fork out a lot of cash for her father’s medical bills, she was worried about her own future with practically no money in her MediSave account left.
“I don’t even dare to think about starting a new family, since I already have one family to support. Does it have to be this way? Appreciate any sharing to know that I am not in the worst financial position right now”, the netizen wrote.
Though her situation seemed dire, netizens offered suggestions such as applying for financial aid, ComCare and speaking to a social worker.
Here’s what they said:
Screenshot-2022-10-28-at-11.26.26-AM.png
Screenshot-2022-10-28-at-11.26.39-AM.png
Follow us on Social Media

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't you get it, they're publishing these articles now to plant the seeds into the public consciousness that euthanasia is necessary and should be legalized in future.

It's all part of their agenda: culling the 'useless eaters' for a more 'sustainable' future.

Everything can be traced to the Malthusian cult. :cool:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthusianism

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN those comments were not directlee providing much solution to her KNN comcare is not going to topup her medisave nor provide for her future own medical fees KNN

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
If anyone wants to commit suicide, please choose a PAP greedy fellow to go along with you. Do all of us a favour. Tolong Tolong.:biggrin:

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully support euthanasia to be legal in SG, have this option available to every citizen
We need to end our lives with dignity, no need to drag til last breath with sickness & diseases