• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Esso station puts water in their in their diesel fuel, damaged customer's car

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
not imprt if the tank r buried... its steel with glassfibre jacketing. double layer. water detectors also incorporated. chances r low. water may enter engine if the gasket is not properly sealed. having a mic made in china with angmoh badge does not render much credential.

U are right about this. The tanks are double layer with water detectors sensors in the ground. This whole thing stinks to the high heavens.

1) If the Esso station had water in its diesel fuel, than not only this couple's Volkswagens but other customer's cars would also be affected. Commercial vehicles pumping diesel at this particular station would also have been affected and these customers would be much more vocal in their complaints. The fact that the article does not mention other customers affected is really suspicious to me.

2) Water in the fuel is not unsually. All fuel do have some water in it, whether petrol or diesel. To have the lab test the fuel and say there is presence of water is not that unusual. To find out how much water there is in the tank, you do not need to send it to the lab for analysis. U simply drain the tank. Diesel floats to the top, and if there is water, then, it be water coming out first when you drain the tank.

3) If fuel contamination was suspected, The Volkswagen Roadside Assistance should never have advised the car owners to drive the minivan to the Volkswagen Centre. Driving the car with contaminated fuel damages it more. They should have it towed immediately. I am sure that they advised the Roadside Assistance people the issues started after they fuel up their minivan.

4) Low air compression as determimed by the LKK Consultants has nothing to do with contaminated fuel. Water in the fuel will usually damage the fuel injectors and injector pump. If those parts of the engine are not damaged, its not water in the fuel. If low air compression is the culprit, then I would suspect that the car cannot even start and has problem cranking over. In other words, you are not even able to drive the car at all, because the fuel air mixture cannot ignite. But this couple obviously drove the car, even though the driveability is not very good.

Conclusion:

Volkswagen is trying to scam this couple. The minivan is basically a piece of shit Chrysler Minivan rebadge as a Volkswagen, a car notoriously unreliable in North America. Not to mention Volkswagen diesels are not that greatest in reliability either. I suspect the dealership is trying to avoid repairing the car while its under warranty for a manufacturing default that is theirs and hence try to blame it on the contaminated diesel. The fact they hired the consultants means nothing, as they are the ones paying the consultant. If the consultant wants future business from Volkswagen, they will know to prepare a report favouring them. Volkswagen has a history of scamming stupid sinkies, so this is sama sama.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....apore-is-dishonest-lying-piece-of-shit-dealer

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
suspect VW trying to avoid paying for a faulty unit. a little water would not bust the engine.sometimes you just need an additive to expel the excess water. the very fact the car could still be driven means the water contamination is just a little. suspect VW mechanics are just lazy and simply say change whole unit and get anoth $28K in business. $28K in australia can buy a whole brand new VW touran!!! fishy it seems. if esso at fault then alot of cars would be affected. possibilty is also the stupid couples pump petrol instaed of diesel for a few times then realised the mistake. diesel mixed with alittle petrol when combust in a diesel engine would produce water in the engine due to incomplete combustion of methane and hydrocarboins!!!! that's the most likely explanation and couple and VW now trying to blame esso for their mistake.
ref
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...happens-if-I-put-petrol-in-my-diesel-car.html

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe some jealous neighbour who do not like their new car, sabotage them. maybe they sabot their own car.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
U

4) Low air compression as determimed by the LKK Consultants has nothing to do with contaminated fuel. Water in the fuel will usually damage the fuel injectors and injector pump. If those parts of the engine are not damaged, its not water in the fuel. If low air compression is the culprit, then I would suspect that the car cannot even start and has problem cranking over. In other words, you are not even able to drive the car at all, because the fuel air mixture cannot ignite. But this couple obviously drove the car, even though the driveability is not very good.
hahaha.....double confirmed an empty vessel....
first he accused ESSO station then he quickly changed tack and now accuses VW....lol..
but the icing in the cake is the idiotic technical statements that he made....
he is obviously a DUD....as he has no idea how contaminated fuel leads to low compression....
all engines are designed to operate efficiently with fuels to a certain standard....
when water and/or solid contaminants exceed the the standard prescribed, they displace the diesel fuel’s
lubricative coating on high precision injection components. The loss of this protection results in wear, erosion, surface
pitting and eventual pressure loss.

xvzascz

Alfrescian
Loyal
first he accused ESSO station then he quickly changed tack and now accuses VW....lol..
he is obviously a DUD....as he has no idea how contaminated fuel leads to low compression....
all engines are designed to operate efficiently with fuels to a certain standard....
when water and/or solid contaminants exceed the the standard prescribed, they displace the diesel fuel’s
lubricative coating on high precision injection components. The loss of this protection results in wear, erosion, surface

hahaha... where is ah gugu 58?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought you said you would retire from the forum after scroobal goes. Fucking piece of turd returning to your old ways again, aren't you?

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought you said you would retire from the forum after scroobal goes. Fucking piece of turd returning to your old ways again, aren't you?
hahaha...yes kukubird58 is retired........i am created to go after idiots like you and papsmearer..

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
always the possibility

it happen to me , i bought a diesel car which was weaker than previous petrol car. After one day, i hate it everything about it. I did not test drive. I just want to get rid of it.
The smell, the sound, the feel of the car.

I bet they regret it and trying to find any excuses to change the car.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...yes kukubird58 is retired........i am created to go after idiots like you and papsmearer..

You need help. If you don't want to check in to IMH, i can recommend a shrink for you. Tell him you are PAP member he give you discount.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need help. If you don't want to check in to IMH, i can recommend a shrink for you. Tell him you are PAP member he give you discount.
hahaha....tell me what was wrong with my posts??? how are they linked to papee???
you are obviously a coward who is scared of the big bully so much so that you have to lick his balls.....pathetic.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to find the root cause, it's best to conduct a process of elimination. otherwise, dealership, manufacturer, gas station, fuel supplier, owners will point fingers at each other. insurance will typically end up paying much of the tab.

one place to start is do an inspection and measurement of the underground storage tank and pump of the gas station. if water content is low (all fuels have water content), then it has to be the car. nonetheless, don't be surprised to find water in fuel storage tanks.

here's an expert's opinion on "water in fuel" (wif)....

"All Diesel fuel has water in it, in varying amounts. If you fuel up and then have WIF engine damage, something went very wrong, somewhere. The fuel filter sensor needs quite a bit of water before the WIF indicator is triggered - hundreds, if not thousands of times more than what is common and acceptable. Vandalism, of course is possible, and probably the most common. Actual damage is most often due to improper correction, or outright ignoring the condition, after discovered. Once the light comes on, any further driving increases the chance of damage. In almost every situation, if you stop and correct the condition immediately upon noticing the problem, it won't cause damage. If you get a tank with so much water that it could cause damage, you'll know it long before you forget where you got your fuel. Also, the "water handling" fuel additives, of either type, will only help with occasional, incidental water in very small amounts. If you get enough water to cause damage, the additive will be of no help, before during or after.

If you do get water in your fuel, that causes substantial damage, the fueling source is responsible. If you can't identify the source, your comprehensive insurance will cover it. There is a reasonable expectation, and legal/accepted fuel quality standards, that you will receive fuel suitable for use in your otherwise operational vehicle. If you have water damage not attributable to any responsible person or business, it is undefined damage not caused by your reasonable action or inaction."

below is an excerpt on how water gets into fuel storage tank. the humidity of sg does contribute to the wif factor.

http://www.mycleandiesel.com/pages/SolutionWater.aspx