• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Volkswagen Singapore is dishonest, lying, piece of shit dealer.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Volkswagen owners are so fucking stupid. They first buy a piece of shit so called german car, and did not do the homework about the reliability of their cars. Than their dealer ask them to bring their car in for a "software change". Every well else in the world, this is being called a recall. Some owners still think the company is really so fucking generous that they will voluntarily ask u to come in for anything "free" at their expense. Volkswagen Singapore, if you are reading this, stop fucking around and call this a recall before some one dies.

From the Shit Times

About 8,000 Volkswagen owners in Singapore are being asked to bring their cars in for a software change that the company says is intended to improve their performance.

The move affects models with the seven-speed direct-shift gearbox (DSG) transmission, including the Polo, Golf and Passat.

Volkswagen Singapore told The Straits Times it is 'not a recall' and the cars are not at risk if their owners do not bring them in for the free software change.

A spokesman said the offer is part of a global campaign to 'improve the performance and durability' of the transmission.

'We encourage everyone contacted to bring their cars in for a software upgrade to maintain the level of performance that comes with their cars,' he added.

On Tuesday, motorists' forums such as VAG SG were abuzz with comments from owners discussing the move, as well as other issues they face with the transmission.

A thread titled 'Complimentary software upgrade for your 7-speed DSG' had amassed 48 pages of comments yesterday.

Customer Melvin Ong, who bought a new Polo in 2009, said he believed Volkswagen was trying to solve some problems with the transmission.

The 32-year-old project manager said he brought his car in for the software change last Friday, but was told that the mechatronics unit - which operates the gearbox and clutch hydraulically - also needed to be replaced.

Mr Loh Boon Hwee, who bought a new Touran multi-purpose vehicle last July, had a different take on what the problem might be.

The 55-year-old, who works as an assistant vice-president at a securities firm, said: 'A service adviser at Volkswagen Centre Singapore told me that the software upgrade is meant to prevent the car from stalling when it is in motion when the transmission drive indicator light is blinking.'

This is not the first issue the company has faced with the DSG transmission.

In 2010, Volkswagen Singapore replaced the mechatronics units of more than 1,000 vehicles here after parts were found to be not up to standard.

The owners were given an additional two-year warranty on the transmission. The problem also affected cars in other countries.

On Tuesday, the company said 1,085 customers had already had the software in their vehicles changed.

Volkswagen was the fourth best-selling car brand in Singapore last year.

From NYT article

VW DSG Transmission Problem Leads to Recall
By CHRISTOPHER JENSEN
Volkswagen is recalling 13,500 of its 2009 and a few 2010 models because of a problem with its fast-shifting DSG automatic transmission. The vehicles covered are the Jetta, Jetta SportWagen, GTI, and Eos built between September 2008 and August 2009.

“A small number of these may be affected by a faulty temperature sensor in the DSG transmission,” Volkswagen said Thursday. “Failure of the temperature sensor could result in illuminated warning lamps in the dashboard, and in rare instances the transmission may shift into neutral.”

In July the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration began a defect investigation into the DSG on those models after consumers complained to the agency about a loss of power while driving. That investigation covered 2008 and 2009 models. Rae Tyson, a N.H.T.S.A. spokesman, said the investigation would not be closed until the agency is sure there is not a problem with the 2008 models, too. However, Thomas Wegehaupt, a spokesman for VW, said the automaker has determined the 2008 models do not have the problem.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is a new english word for recall. it is call software upgrade. But i think life are not at risk with transmission not as smooth as it can be.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Once I walked into their showroom in Alexandra, a fat lady who I believe is a sales manager came to attend to me. I was looking for their most expensive and top model the Phaeton at that time, she suddenly boh-hew and uninterested to answer my questions just very briefly. I tulan walked out and immediately bought my Lexus. knn :oIo::oIo::oIo: VW

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is a new english word for recall. it is call software upgrade. But i think life are not at risk with transmission not as smooth as it can be.

The Pappies have a better word for that "enhancement"...wether, ASSetS, jobs (chops), or Pay ( theirs, not yours)...

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We good lah. "Flood" call "ponding" and now "recall" become "upgrade".

Just like we tell our gf, we go "tao liang" but actually it is go GL.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VW damn smelly la......are they still locked in courtcase with Peter Kwee the previous distributor? Heard Peter Kwee tulan and paid them court settlement in $2 bills.....

keling is shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeap, it was reported few months ago, i read.

Their low end sedan Jetta selling like hot cakes, of cox their Golf/Scirocco also selling good

Singapore 2011: BMW ends almost a decade of Toyota domination

For the first time since 2002, Toyota is not the best-selling brand in Singapore, dethroned this year by BMW with sales up 5% to 4,959 units and a huge 17.5% market share. Mercedes ranks 2nd with sales down just 11% to 4,166 units and 14.7% share. The BMW 5 Series is the best-selling car in the country with 1,830 sales. As far as I know, Singapore is the only country in the world where BMW is #1.

Toyota is down 49%, from 6,930 sales and 15.7% share in 2010 to 3,562 and 12.6% this year. It is followed by VW and Audi faring rather well at -8% and -4% respectively, Hyundai at -47%, Kia at -67% and Honda at -71%. Volvo is only the 2nd brand in the Top 10 to see its sales increase at +2% and 835 units at #9.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore 2011: BMW ends almost a decade of Toyota domination

For the first time since 2002, Toyota is not the best-selling brand in Singapore, dethroned this year by BMW with sales up 5% to 4,959 units and a huge 17.5% market share. Mercedes ranks 2nd with sales down just 11% to 4,166 units and 14.7% share. The BMW 5 Series is the best-selling car in the country with 1,830 sales. As far as I know, Singapore is the only country in the world where BMW is #1.

Toyota is down 49%, from 6,930 sales and 15.7% share in 2010 to 3,562 and 12.6% this year. It is followed by VW and Audi faring rather well at -8% and -4% respectively, Hyundai at -47%, Kia at -67% and Honda at -71%. Volvo is only the 2nd brand in the Top 10 to see its sales increase at +2% and 835 units at #9.

Ehh, my bad, thought its VW...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Everywhere in world, the english version is a recall. In singapore, the singlish version is a software upgrade. LOL.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Once I walked into their showroom in Alexandra, a fat lady who I believe is a sales manager came to attend to me. I was looking for their most expensive and top model the Phaeton at that time, she suddenly boh-hew and uninterested to answer my questions just very briefly. I tulan walked out and immediately bought my Lexus. knn :oIo::oIo::oIo: VW

Lexus has no sedan in its range that is the size of this car. The Phaeton is a great car. I wish I had one. For a time, it was made in the same factory as the Bentley. U also have an option of a W10 cylinder engine, which Lexus does not offer. The salesgirl boh hiew because u wear your slippers and ah pek singlet into the showroom, izzit?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
We good lah. "Flood" call "ponding" and now "recall" become "upgrade".

Just like we tell our gf, we go "tao liang" but actually it is go GL.

Along that line, billion $ GIC and Temasek losses is called long term investment.
Forced to sell your flat for your retirement money is called asset realisation.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

ok lah, ok lah, we know you very the rich lah !

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
the VW interior not that dashing la.

I beg to differ. I have owned BMW, my father has owned Mercs, and Lexus. My Passat V6 had an interior that was superior to all the other cars. Even the leather was softer than the Mercs. Even got individual reading lights for the back passengers. Fit and finish is excellent, no rattles, little wind noise. The mechanics were shit as were the electrical.