• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Volkswagen Singapore is dishonest, lying, piece of shit dealer.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think your brain is filled with water. I have visited enough car showrooms (and owned enough conti cars) to be able to pass judgement.

I wear shorts and slippers to Mercedes/Audi showroom and have never been treated badly. Even if one dress sloppily it is rather stupid for salesperson to dismiss the customer on that basis. For BMW you need to tell them you wish to be served and they will assign a salesperson. For Jaguar they have this insecurity that makes them put on airs... the minute you ask about the performance of their cars they will write you off as a buyer, because Jaguar's performance can never match another car in the same price range.

Just go to the VAGSG forum you can hear the complains from VW owners how bad their service is.

SAAB is not in the same league as VW, you twit. SAAB is slightly below luxury range and comparable to Volvo whereas VW is mass-market car just slightly above Toyota.

For BMW, the brand itself produces good cars but the Singapore distributor sucks to the core in that the specially order low specs BMW for the dumb Sinkie population especially those who knows nuts but love saying "BMW is the best". In UK people buy either the 528 or 535. In Sinkieland the distributor started by bringing in the 523 and 535 at 70k premium. With the latest marketing spins they are trying to convince people their 520 is as good and worth paying hundreds of thousands.

I especially detest young punks who drive a 318 or 320... the easiet way to bruise their ego is to overtake them at traffic light with a Kia.

no no, i refer to BMW cars, but you talk about distributors in singapore. come on, singapore is a tiny dot in this world, it is irrelevant to talk about how car perform here in such hot weather.

as for the wearing clothes to see high end stuff , you know the shit quality of service in singapore, therefore one have to prepare before going to these place. if you do not prepare yourself and you let one bad sale people into your buying decision. That look bad on you, not the sale people.

BMW is solid, i dun care about distributors, sale people, service people , that it is actually design to work in our hot humid climate. dun care.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I only drove the lower end of both BMW and merc and that was years ago. E series for Merc and BMW 318 etc. from my limited experience though, BMW had more issues then Merc. I had a Merc and then 1 BMW followed by a 2nd hand one for my dad. Merc went to workshop on a much lesser basis. Same experience from my friends who had BMWs, of course driving experience for a BMW is different. :smile:

the previous owner of bmw gone racing and did not maintain it well, if you start using bmw and merc as new, bmw will have much less problem than merc. even the low end bmw have good quality, let not talk about low end merc A class, it is a joke.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
the previous owner of bmw gone racing and did not maintain it well, if you start using bmw and merc as new, bmw will have much less problem than merc. even the low end bmw have good quality, let not talk about low end merc A class, it is a joke.

Both the first Merc and the first BMW were bought new and I take care of my cars with no racing and all stock parts with no mods and original parts. Back then absolutely no JB or MY for me. Only went to the original parts shop near KALLANG when warranty was over but back then before that already have trouble or maybe I just bought a lemon. Even the older car I bought later behaved better but only slightly and I did maintenance at jus...... Both are lemons in the end.

Speaking of BMW, saw a SG Z4 today in MY, near Nusa Bestari, Johore. Still well maintained.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both the first Merc and the first BMW were bought new and I take care of my cars with no racing and all stock parts with no mods and original parts. Back then absolutely no JB or MY for me. Only went to the original parts shop near KALLANG when warranty was over but back then before that already have trouble or maybe I just bought a lemon. Even the older car I bought later behaved better but only slightly and I did maintenance at jus...... Both are lemons in the end.

Speaking of BMW, saw a SG Z4 today in MY, near Nusa Bestari, Johore. Still well maintained.

one lemon does not bring down my opinion of BMW cars , one must take average from around the world, from coldest to warmest countries. you will see they are great.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think your brain is filled with water. I have visited enough car showrooms (and owned enough conti cars) to be able to pass judgement.

I wear shorts and slippers to Mercedes/Audi showroom and have never been treated badly. Even if one dress sloppily it is rather stupid for salesperson to dismiss the customer on that basis. For BMW you need to tell them you wish to be served and they will assign a salesperson. For Jaguar they have this insecurity that makes them put on airs... the minute you ask about the performance of their cars they will write you off as a buyer, because Jaguar's performance can never match another car in the same price range.

Just go to the VAGSG forum you can hear the complains from VW owners how bad their service is.

SAAB is not in the same league as VW, you twit. SAAB is slightly below luxury range and comparable to Volvo whereas VW is mass-market car just slightly above Toyota.

For BMW, the brand itself produces good cars but the Singapore distributor sucks to the core in that the specially order low specs BMW for the dumb Sinkie population especially those who knows nuts but love saying "BMW is the best". In UK people buy either the 528 or 535. In Sinkieland the distributor started by bringing in the 523 and 535 at 70k premium. With the latest marketing spins they are trying to convince people their 520 is as good and worth paying hundreds of thousands.

I especially detest young punks who drive a 318 or 320... the easiet way to bruise their ego is to overtake them at traffic light with a Kia.

Well said. To be fair to BMW, all the luxury brands bring in low spec cars. Including Mercs. We had a Mercs over 15 years ago, an S Class with a 2 litre engine!!. Imagine how underpowered it is. They do this because the tax is lower and dependent on CC size of engine. Also, petrol is more expensive to operate a 8 cylinder versus a 4 cylinder car.

I like baiting this idiot SIngveld. He knows shit, and always pretends like he is an expert. I wonder how many BMWs he owned. Saab is definitely not in the same league as BMW. In the 80s, maybe. Their 900 was comparable to the 318. But now, the closest comparison for BMW is probably Audi.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saab is definitely not in the same league as BMW. In the 80s, maybe. Their 900 was comparable to the 318. But now, the closest comparison for BMW is probably Audi.

you can't compare saab to BMW now, since saad have gone BUST.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
no no, i refer to BMW cars, but you talk about distributors in singapore. come on, singapore is a tiny dot in this world, it is irrelevant to talk about how car perform here in such hot weather.

as for the wearing clothes to see high end stuff , you know the shit quality of service in singapore, therefore one have to prepare before going to these place. if you do not prepare yourself and you let one bad sale people into your buying decision. That look bad on you, not the sale people.

BMW is solid, i dun care about distributors, sale people, service people , that it is actually design to work in our hot humid climate. dun care.

I just want to ask u something. Have u ever owned a BMW in the past or present? Tell the truth. I actually have and it seems other posters have too, Frankly, I don't think u ever driven one, much less own one.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just want to ask u something. Have u ever owned a BMW in the past or present? Tell the truth. I actually have and it seems other posters have too, Frankly, I don't think u ever driven one, much less own one.

before i tell you that, first ask you if you believe me, if i tell you i immigrated to an first world countries more than 15 yrs ago, in that country BMW is not an deluxe model. Just a fairly higher than average brand. Sec hand BMW is dirt cheap. Do you believe me first, if i tell you that?

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys should try the newest polo. It is the most fun and nifty little car to drive. I had it for rental.

Gear change is fast and smooth acceleration is fast. Fuel gauge hardly moves a notch when you drive from one side of the town to another.

Everything that is German made feels hard and reliable. Even won european car of the
Year award in 2011. So many good cars around, i dont know why it is so f.up when a singaporean serviced it, like what you guys have described.

I think its a flaw in society, like everybody used cars as status symbol instead of being a transportation vehicle. Everybody ended up unhappy.

No amount of science and technology can help to make you happy and feeling content.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You guys should try the newest polo. It is the most fun and nifty little car to drive. I had it for rental.

Gear change is fast and smooth acceleration is fast. Fuel gauge hardly moves a notch when you drive from one side of the town to another.

Everything that is German made feels hard and reliable. Even won european car of the
Year award in 2011. So many good cars around, i dont know why it is so f.up when a singaporean serviced it, like what you guys have described.

I think its a flaw in society, like everybody used cars as status symbol instead of being a transportation vehicle. Everybody ended up unhappy.

No amount of science and technology can help to make you happy and feeling content.

VWs are nice cars ..............when they work. But the problem is that after a short time of ownership, things start to go wrong. I had a positive experience with my Passat until shit started happening. than my opinion ofthe car and company changed for the negative. U renting the car is fine. WHen u own the Polo long term, than your opinion of it will change, just like I did.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
before i tell you that, first ask you if you believe me, if i tell you i immigrated to an first world countries more than 15 yrs ago, in that country BMW is not an deluxe model. Just a fairly higher than average brand. Sec hand BMW is dirt cheap. Do you believe me first, if i tell you that?

ARe u retarded or something? All I ask u is whether u have ever driven a BMW, much less own one, since all your comments on the car and company is so stupid. Its a yes or no question. Now u go off on a tangent about whether I believe u immigrated 15 years ago. I don't give a shit whether u immigrated or not. If u never own a BMW, say so, talk big like u actually know something about it. U are a fake and fraudster.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ARe u retarded or something? All I ask u is whether u have ever driven a BMW, much less own one, since all your comments on the car and company is so stupid. Its a yes or no question. Now u go off on a tangent about whether I believe u immigrated 15 years ago. I don't give a shit whether u immigrated or not. If u never own a BMW, say so, talk big like u actually know something about it. U are a fake and fraudster.

I beg to differ. Singveld has always been a First World Connoisseur, and he will not touch anything that is Third World. I believe Singveld owns a BMW or owned one before. Otherwise, it makes a mockery of his posts about First World and Third World. And I also know that Singveld owns the latest Apple gadgets. So there is no reason to doubt Singveld's taste for the finest !

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I beg to differ. Singveld has always been a First World Connoisseur, and he will not touch anything that is Third World. I believe Singveld owns a BMW or owned one before. Otherwise, it makes a mockery of his posts about First World and Third World. And I also know that Singveld owns the latest Apple gadgets. So there is no reason to doubt Singveld's taste for the finest !

what are u? His mouthpiece? Let him come here and say it.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

again, we come to a point, where discussion between us will be futile, it best we never talk ever again. I will try to remember your nick in future.