• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ERA SPG Property Agent Yaya Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Estate agent behaved more like an impatient customer
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MY FAMILY and I viewed a resale four-room HDB flat at Block 641A Punggol Central, last Sunday at about 6.30pm. It was a 'open house' type of viewing with about 20 to 30 potential buyers. The agent representing ERA was a young women, reportedly a top salesman in the area.
During the viewing, we experienced her impatience and negative service attitude. After almost 20 minutes, she raised her voice and said in Mandarin: 'I have no time.' She then closed all the windows - body language to tell us to leave instantly. Before she locked the unit, she said, again at the top of her voice: '$360,000, we close the deal.' We felt we had been chased away.
On Tuesday at about 8pm, we decided to view the unit a second time as the first was a rush and wasn't exclusive at all.
When we mentioned details such as an unserviceable air-con unit in the master bedroom, asking for a better bargain, to our surprise, she responded with negative body language, closing all the windows again. At the same time, she told us: 'No one will install new air-con then sell the flat.' Again, we were chased out of the flat, no thanks to her hospitality.
I do not question defects in the flat nor her product knowledge that may cause delay before we can sign the agreement. I only question her service attitude. Based on my observations, she was not only impatient with customers, but also used the wrong right choice of words and tone of voice. She behaved more like a 'customer' then we did. She was more interested in closing the deal, than explaining about the unit. She never smiled during the viewing, as if we were disturbing her rather than giving her business. We thought she might not be interested in our 'small' deal.
My questions:
- Is this the well-trained service attitude of a professional salesman from ERA with a motto, 'First in service'?
- Is it right for ERA agents to stereotype potential buyers?
- Do high property prices and complacency makes some agents arrogant?
- Do customers have to tolerate discrimination?
Today, in this competitive world, there are tens of thousands of salesmen out there, selling the same things using different methods. So it is service that matters more than the product. Don't forget Singapore is promoting Gems - Go the Extra Mile for Service.
After this incident, I regret to say agents like this have tarnished the image of ERA, a renowned property agency that took years to build. Chua Sok Woon (Ms)

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think her name is Elaine or something like that. Heard from one of my friend who was getting a unit at Punggol few months back that she is like that one.

Attidue or not attidue , its the fact that she is earning at least $100k a month just in that area

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is called HANG HIGH AND SELL. Only fools will fall into such sales tactic.

When purchasing an expensive asset, never ever worry about attitude, service standards, bad manners etc. If you think you can get value, act on it. When you buy, you are not buying the sales agent or their manners. Never ever buy an asset if you don't see the value at that price even if the sales agent with the world best manners and service attitude and bends continously licking your arse in a purring tone.

Never ever give up on a purchase or a sale of high value items when the amount in negotiating difference is a few hundred or even a few thousand dollars as long as the difference is a small % of the sale price.

Never ever walk away if you have a bad boss, but walk away if its a bad company.

Never ever walk away............................................... on anything based on ego and pride.

How silly one must be to talk about a miserable aircon when buying a house.

baba

Alfrescian
Loyal
How silly one must be to talk about a miserable aircon when buying a house.

When I took possession of my new house, I made the developer replace all the brand new air con to a newer model. I discovered a manufacturing defect. In fact, I was the only owner in the whole estate to have the air con changed. It is never silly to demand for better value and good service.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I took possession of my new house, I made the developer replace all the brand new air con to a newer model. I discovered a manufacturing defect. In fact, I was the only owner in the whole estate to have the air con changed. It is never silly to demand for better value and good service.
The issue is value. If the developer can't sell, he will even offer to fully furnish the property to make the sale.

The issue is value not service. Its matters little to me if it is good service or bad service as long I get the value I am looking for if the asset is high.

If the restuarant service staff is rude, I will walk out as its only food. I can get good food and good service too manny other places.

Most Singaporean can't tell which part of the equation to look at.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is value. If the developer can't sell, he will even offer to fully furnish the property to make the sale.

The issue is value not service. Its matters little to me if it is good service or bad service as long I get the value I am looking for if the asset is high.

If the restuarant service staff is rude, I will walk out as its only food. I can get good food and good service too manny other places.

Most Singaporean can't tell which part of the equation to look at.

I don't look at parts of an equation. I look at it in it's entirety.

Real estate agents= Insurance agents= 2nd hand car salesmen= lawyers=PAP

Caveat emptor, get screwed, it's your own fault.

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah. I agree. ERA agents are the most cocky. Their charges are oso the highest. I'll ask them to jump out the window when they use that kind of tactics to me. :mad:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who take real estate as a career are normally those who can't make it in a professional job.

How much can you expect a real estate agent to be professional?

bluesky

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is called HANG HIGH AND SELL. Only fools will fall into such sales tactic.

I have encountered some cocky agents who thought they were holding on to some prized possession to sell. Remarks like 'rare find' 'good location' etc. The one and only best in Singapore is the prataman's residence, which is not for sale!
Don't fall into the salesman's trap. There are so many rare and good find in sinkieland homogeneous flats.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many rare and good find in sinkieland homogeneous flats.
Yes, and more less applies to all properties around the Island and anywhere in the world.

Just look at the property, do your homework, set a target and stick to it. Don't worry if the salesman is mother theresa or a 2nd hand car dealer. They are not going to be part of the property when you complete the sale.

If you buy properties often or speculate, keep the sales guys happy, don't burn any bridges and don't ask for stupid things or waste their time. Once they read you, they will send you the ones of value for the first bite.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, and more less applies to all properties around the Island and anywhere in the world.

Just look at the property, do your homework, set a target and stick to it. Don't worry if the salesman is mother theresa or a 2nd hand car dealer. They are not going to be part of the property when you complete the sale.

If you buy properties often or speculate, keep the sales guys happy, don't burn any bridges and don't ask for stupid things or waste their time. Once they read you, they will send you the ones of value for the first bite.

Very true. Always remember it's the property you're buying, not the agent's service. A good value property will always remain one. As for the agent? Not worth remembering after the deal. So when searching property, stay focused. Don't let these small things throw you off-track. My 2 cents worth..:biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think her name is Elaine or something like that. Heard from one of my friend who was getting a unit at Punggol few months back that she is like that one.

Attidue or not attidue , its the fact that she is earning at least $100k a month just in that area

this elaine from ERA, if im not wrong my fren did show me her photo.
one kind of ah lian look. summore they claim she is quite pretty in her age.
lau chio.

u nvr know she might used other methods to reach the $100k/mth.

franker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, u nvr know she might used other methods to reach the $100k/mth.

The 100k might hv to be share with others...

She hv to work with a few other agents with one property. I think with her attitude, she might not getting any property to market but someone did. I hv seen a property marketed by her with another guy together.

There just show her face on Ads..

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
think the guy you are talking about is her husband. My friend from ERA told me that she and her husband together clock $300k in last year Dec alone. So what she is lau lan, its the fact that residents in Sengkang/punggol LOVE her service