• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious England's Bus Company Teaches SBS

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
England's Tower Transit Company teaches SBS not to exploit Singaporean bus drivers.

Shame on SBS!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine Mah Bow Tan was SBS general manager and he was a President Scholar. And for some "reason" this Ang Mo company is able to recruit Singaporeans while in the past the Govt claimed that Singaporeans were not keen to drive buses. What about Ong Ke Yung who was the Ex Dir of Transport Workers Union and now a cabinet minister.

England's Tower Transit Company teaches SBS not to exploit Singaporean bus drivers.

Shame on SBS!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine Mah Bow Tan was SBS general manager and he was a President Scholar. And for some "reason" this Ang Mo company is able to recruit Singaporeans while in the past the Govt claimed that Singaporeans were not keen to drive buses. What about Ong Ke Yung who was the Ex Dir of Transport Workers Union and now a cabinet minister.

The truth is the pap is trying to depress wages of Singaporean workers so that businesses can make high profits.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the SBS bus segment is already a struggling extremely tight profit margin business,SMRT was right in ditching that portion of the business.this is a very bad idea,i dunno how is tower transit going to improve services and boost profits at the same time.SBS couldnt even make it when they paid their bus captains $1200 per month.i dont think they can keep up with the cost of the maintainance and replacement of the bus fleet in the long run.PAP is going to have to bail transit tower with another billion dollars to help save face and then hike bus fares.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
the SBS bus segment is already a struggling extremely tight profit margin business,SMRT was right in ditching that portion of the business.this is a very bad idea,i dunno how is tower transit going to improve services and boost profits at the same time.SBS couldnt even make it when they paid their bus captains $1200 per month.i dont think they can keep up with the cost of the maintainance and replacement of the bus fleet in the long run.PAP is going to have to bail transit tower with another billion dollars to help save face and then hike bus fares.

Public transportation must not be profit driven. It shd be cost recovery. A profit driven transport system has wide ranging effects on the economy and country

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tower Transit will show the locals how they do it. I hope they succeed. Decently paid workers = Happy workers = Committed workers = Profitable company.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tower Transit will show the locals how they do it. I hope they succeed. Decently paid workers = Happy workers = Committed workers = Profitable company.

Agree. Treat your workers well and they will be motivated and do their best even without you watching over them. Hope Tower Transit makes good profits

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
paying ur workers well or not is up to the company to decide,but when ur running a losing business and theres no money coming in it will make losers of everybody in the end.

this is why im in favour of capitalism over chee soo juan's communist cuckooness....u want to do good things in life u gotta have the economic engine and industry to support it and sustain it,trying to do good stuff without the infrastructure and the wealth/productivity/economic engine is like putting the horse before the cart.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
paying ur workers well or not is up to the company to decide,but when ur running a losing business and theres no money coming in it will make losers of everybody in the end.

that's true.

what abt the end of the spectrum, where the company pays its CEO and Board millions of dollars but chooses to pay pittance to the drivers eg $1.5k per month in high cost SG?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
cb, kuku sungaporeans thinking amdk,,,,,,,

ang mo company tender contract, govt gives them $$$$ first,,,,,

still so happy have ang mo company? govt think amdk,,,,