• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

EMIGRATION to Thai..... (land of smiles, land of stress-free, party)

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh my god... I thought about emigrating to Thailand just last week and this thread came about. Sweet! I love Thailand... Nice people, great food, relaxed life (other than BKK, I guess).

Been to Chiangmai for first time two years ago and I keep wanting to go back :biggrin:

But I hope I won't be too late... 10 years ago Australia was viable and I'm afraid the same thing would happen to Thailand (rising costs etc). Better act fast while you can! :p

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh my god... I thought about emigrating to Thailand just last week and this thread came about. Sweet! I love Thailand... Nice people, great food, relaxed life (other than BKK, I guess).

Been to Chiangmai for first time two years ago and I keep wanting to go back :biggrin:

But I hope I won't be too late... 10 years ago Australia was viable and I'm afraid the same thing would happen to Thailand (rising costs etc). Better act fast while you can! :p

Thailand will never be another Australia or SG..

3yrs ago, there was this Thaskin. He wanted to follow SG footsteps of booming economy growth, speculation in property & uncontrol foreign investments etc...

In the end, he was been overthrown by the Thai King's royalty army.
Thai King always preachs & encourages his people to be self sufficient.

All along due to their thai cultures , thai ppls always been easy going & friendly.

That make the country attractive, it the people and not how many high rises buildings you have in the city.:p

I've given my children the best gift in life , that's to help them to get a thai citizenships for them while they're young.They will no longer be like a handicap guest/investor like myself in this host country.

I Love Thailand.:wink:

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal

3yrs ago, there was this Thaskin. He wanted to follow SG footsteps of booming economy growth, speculation in property & uncontrol foreign investments etc...

All along due to their thai cultures , thai ppls always been easy going & friendly.

That make the country attractive, it the people and not how many high rises buildings you have in the city.:p

I've given my children the best gift in life , that's to help them to get a thai citizenships for them while they're young.They will no longer be like a handicap guest/investor like myself in this host country.

This is basically the kind fo western debts & life that Thai King trying to avoid for his common ppls. Imagine if those financial savvy americans can fall into the debts trap, what will happen if those uneducated thai farmers given easy access to credit cards ???? :rolleyes:

Middle class: 'On the edge'
Experts tell Congress that middle class is struggling with stagnant wages, rising debts and increased expenses.

By Tami Luhby, CNNMoney.com senior writer
Last Updated: July 24, 2008: 7:51 AM EDT
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- America's middle class is increasingly squeezed by sagging incomes and soaring expenses, experts told Congress on Wednesday.

Adjusted for inflation, median household income dropped by $1,175 between 2000 and 2007, said Elizabeth Warren, professor at Harvard Law School, in written testimony before the Joint Economic Committee.

At the same time, the average family is spending $4,655 more on basic expenses, such as gas, housing, food and health insurance. Gas alone costs $2,195 more for a family making the same commute in May 2008 as it did eight years earlier.

Families with children saw their child care costs soar. Those with children under age 5 spent an additional $1,508 a month, while after-school costs for older children rose $622.

To cover these soaring expenses, many people have had to turn to credit cards. Nearly 10% of total disposable income in the United States goes to paying off such debt, Warren said.

"There have never been since the Depression so many families standing right on the edge," Warren said. "Families have tightened their belts. They have cut down in every discretionary spending area they possibly can."

"These costs are tearing a hole in the family they simply can't make up," she added. "You can't cut out enough lattes to pay for health insurance in America."

Gains go to the wealthy
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., who chairs the committee, convened the hearing to examine the impact of rising costs and stagnant wages on the economy.

"There is a silent cry going out as middle class families gather around their dinner tables each night to talk about how to pay their ballooning bills," he said. "Middle class families are the engine of our economy, but their earning power and economic security has actually declined in the last seven years."

Lawmakers focused their questions on comparing the great strides made in productivity with stagnation of wages.

Increasing economic inequality is to blame, testified Jared Bernstein, senior economist with the liberal-leaning Economic Policy Institute. While the middle class is contributing to productivity, the rewards are increasingly going to the wealthy.

But David Kreutzer, senior policy analyst for the more conservative Heritage Foundation, said it's more accurate to follow the wages of actual workers over time, not to compare the median wage figure. A Treasury Department study released last year, which followed nearly 170,000 taxpayers, found median income of those workers rose 24% between 1996 and 2005.

To help those struggling, Congress should pass a second stimulus package, Bernstein said. But this effort should funnel funds to the states, particularly for infrastructure projects. This could serve as an important source for much-needed jobs.

"Smartly crafted, it has the potential to help generate more economic growth until the imbalances and necessary corrections in key markets play themselves out," Bernstein said. "Infrastructure investment serves a dual role of deepening investments in public capital while creating good jobs for workers that might otherwise be un- or underemployed."

Warren and Bernstein also called for more regulation and oversight of the financial markets, particularly the credit industry, to avoid abuses that lead to bubbles. The last two or three economic downturns were caused by such runups.

These bubbles are "a major contributor to the middle class squeeze," Bernstein said.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thailand will definitely not be another Australia or Singapore judging from how their country is being run.
The saddest part you can see in a country is when their government can be easily overthrown by a coup. Which kind of investors would want to park their money in a country where a government can be overturned easily, rules changed like nobodies' business?
Barring these bad, Thailand is indeed a nice place to live in, but subject to where you stay in and what kind of lifestyle you engage in. I have my fair share to live in a few countries for short periods of time. Thailand was one of them. Total I stayed in Thailand for a period of 2 years working. Would I consider Thailand a nice place to stay? Yes, but only for short holiday periods like 1-2 weeks. Other than that, I would never consider migrating to this country.

The thai people are easy going and friendly. To be frank, every country I went to, I find the people friendly. But for thailand, no offense, many are friendly when they smell money on you. Places like Australia, the people has that "sincerity" when you talk to them, very unlike Thailand.

Many people loved to migrate to Thailand because I find that they have the misconception of an easy lifestyle, retirement home. Yes, if you go to the villages or outskirts of Bangkok where you don't get the bustling city life, neither the fast pace of society. But imagine, is the lifestyle one really wants and not keeping up with the rest of the world? I can do it, but is not the lifestyle I want, neither it is what I wanted for my children. It is always good to have that competitive edge whether it is for business, work or even for children.

Few years back, my last paid job was 200K baht a month, plus car, plus a condo to stay in, free flights in out singapore. Work wasn't stressed at all. I could go for hollidays to provinces and spend time there with my different 'gigs', 'teeruks', but to stay in Thailand long term don't sound viable to me. I quit my job because I find that life has no meaning in a country where there is no competitive edge, unstable government and definitely wouldn't consider parking my money there. I even sold off 2 condo properties I bought during my time just to get out entirely from Thailand. Why?

I am a Singaporean, not saying I love Singapore, but when I looked around other countries for viable options, there aren't many. I would want to migrate to another country to HAVE A BETTER LIFE. National security, stability of government, investment issues, upbringing of children, etc are just some of the reasons I look at. When we migrate, we should look at 'upgrading' our lives and 'upgrading' options. Not 'downgrading'. Of course, I wouldn't consider USA, but Canada, Spain, Italy, Australia, Maldives are just some of the options I am looking at for the future. Not Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam or Phillipines.

From the way, Thailand chooses its government, they are still a long long way to stability and growth. There is no need to even vote for a government if coups can overthrow their PM so easily. Streets jammed with demonstrations, rallies. You and me know, every government in this world, are they corrupted? When you reach high position, one tends to fill his own coffers. It's common and happens in many countries if not all. But when they fill their own coffer, they get things done for the people too. Not like selfish individuals, filling up own coffer and not doing anything for the people. People say Thaksin is corrupt, but he gets things done. I don't see how a change in government, can ensure that there will be no corruption. The next one, comes in, will still do the same thing and the worst part would be he lines his pockets and yet get nothing done for the people. People always want to overthrow the government citing reasons such as corruption. C'mon, either they are naive or ignorant. The next one that comes in, will he be as clean as piece of white paper?

Whether he is clean or dirty, most important thing is he must serve the nation and the people. By going for coups, going for demonstrations, are how their people are throwing their chances away for better life.

I have gone big rounds in Thailand, Australia, Macau, Malaysia, USA, European ones, I am still back in Singapore due to the reason of the abundance of business opportunities (viable ones), competitive edge.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have gone big rounds in Thailand, Australia, Macau, Malaysia, USA, European ones, I am still back in Singapore due to the reason of the abundance of business opportunities (viable ones), competitive edge.

You want competitive edge, sure. Let the indo turn off the gas and malaysia turn off their water.

You got one hell of the competitive edge for you. I would love you to be the leader of SG and being competitive and of course i am sure you will be successful and all of Singaporeans and Sinkie and the world will bowed to you and hold you to be the lord of the world.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand will definitely not be another Australia or Singapore judging from how their country is being run.
The saddest part you can see in a country is when their government can be easily overthrown by a coup. Which kind of investors would want to park their money in a country where a government can be overturned easily, rules changed like nobodies' business?
Barring these bad, Thailand is indeed a nice place to live in, but subject to where you stay in and what kind of lifestyle you engage in. I have my fair share to live in a few countries for short periods of time. Thailand was one of them. Total I stayed in Thailand for a period of 2 years working. Would I consider Thailand a nice place to stay? Yes, but only for short holiday periods like 1-2 weeks. Other than that, I would never consider migrating to this country.

The thai people are easy going and friendly. To be frank, every country I went to, I find the people friendly. But for thailand, no offense, many are friendly when they smell money on you. Places like Australia, the people has that "sincerity" when you talk to them, very unlike Thailand.

Many people loved to migrate to Thailand because I find that they have the misconception of an easy lifestyle, retirement home. Yes, if you go to the villages or outskirts of Bangkok where you don't get the bustling city life, neither the fast pace of society. But imagine, is the lifestyle one really wants and not keeping up with the rest of the world? I can do it, but is not the lifestyle I want, neither it is what I wanted for my children. It is always good to have that competitive edge whether it is for business, work or even for children.

Few years back, my last paid job was 200K baht a month, plus car, plus a condo to stay in, free flights in out singapore. Work wasn't stressed at all. I could go for hollidays to provinces and spend time there with my different 'gigs', 'teeruks', but to stay in Thailand long term don't sound viable to me. I quit my job because I find that life has no meaning in a country where there is no competitive edge, unstable government and definitely wouldn't consider parking my money there. I even sold off 2 condo properties I bought during my time just to get out entirely from Thailand. Why?

I am a Singaporean, not saying I love Singapore, but when I looked around other countries for viable options, there aren't many. I would want to migrate to another country to HAVE A BETTER LIFE. National security, stability of government, investment issues, upbringing of children, etc are just some of the reasons I look at. When we migrate, we should look at 'upgrading' our lives and 'upgrading' options. Not 'downgrading'. Of course, I wouldn't consider USA, but Canada, Spain, Italy, Australia, Maldives are just some of the options I am looking at for the future. Not Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam or Phillipines.

From the way, Thailand chooses its government, they are still a long long way to stability and growth. There is no need to even vote for a government if coups can overthrow their PM so easily. Streets jammed with demonstrations, rallies. You and me know, every government in this world, are they corrupted? When you reach high position, one tends to fill his own coffers. It's common and happens in many countries if not all. But when they fill their own coffer, they get things done for the people too. Not like selfish individuals, filling up own coffer and not doing anything for the people. People say Thaksin is corrupt, but he gets things done. I don't see how a change in government, can ensure that there will be no corruption. The next one, comes in, will still do the same thing and the worst part would be he lines his pockets and yet get nothing done for the people. People always want to overthrow the government citing reasons such as corruption. C'mon, either they are naive or ignorant. The next one that comes in, will he be as clean as piece of white paper?

Whether he is clean or dirty, most important thing is he must serve the nation and the people. By going for coups, going for demonstrations, are how their people are throwing their chances away for better life.

Well!! You're no wrong neither you're right.

I choose to live here b'cuz of my family and I do really find thailand a nice place to live. And I'm not alone in thinking this way, many well educated ppls like Japanese, European, British & Australia are flocking to thailand to retire.
I sometimes also wonder why too ???? :rolleyes:

They don't come here to look for competitve environment. They came here to live & retire. We 're the guest in this country and we don't interfer with the local politic.

So you're not wrong to return to SG to stay competitive in your career & circle of fast lane friends.:wink:

Everyone has their own priority in life.
I hate the rat race back home.
Maybe I'm not the type of competitive person like you.

Last edited:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well!! You're no wrong neither you're right.

I choose to live here b'cuz of my family and I do really find thailand a nice place to live. And I'm not alone in thinking this way, many well educated ppls like Japanese, European, British & Australia are flocking to thailand to retire.
I sometimes also wonder why too ???? :rolleyes:

They don't come here to look for competitve environment. They came here to live & retire. We 're the guest in this country and we don't interfer with the local politic.

So you're not wrong to return to SG to stay competitive in your career & circle of fast lane friends.:wink:

Everyone has their own priority in life.
I hate the rat race back home.
Maybe I'm not the type of competitive person like you.

Many well educated also uproot and stay in Singapore, not only Thailand. Like you said, there is no right, no wrong. I am only here to share my views.

Before I toured around many countries, I always think what is the purpose of working so hard, might as well stay in Thailand or some other countries and get out of rat race. However, after moving around over the years and getting a few white hairs along the way, I realised that it is not so simple as in having a simple life.
I ever thought of disposing IC and get a brown Thai passport, then I realised, I have to apply for visas when I could just do without if I had a red passport.

I start to realise, what I think may not be what the world thinks. Stability in the country is very important. And when I migrate and uproot, I don't consider myself as a guest of that country anymore but a permanent resident and the political situation and stability affects me because I am going to live the rest of my life there. My family, my children will all be with me and any of the policies will inadvertently affect their lifestyle and livelihood in future.

If I migrate, I will go for a better place in terms of nation stability and security more than just their simple lifestyle. Even the Khon Thais always want to have a better life. Who would wish to downgrade instead? The thais said Singapore is a very strict country and laughs at the various things like high duties on liquor, cigars, fines, ERPs, chewing gum bans. When you probe them on Thailand, they are sick of all the rallies, country situation which obviously is hurting their income and lifestyle. Because of this, who do not wish to have a better life?

So bottomline is we deem what we think is best and go do it. You think Thailand is your best, you go for your choice. But people who are not aware of the culture and lifestyle should really go experience it for a short while before making that migration commitment.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want competitive edge, sure. Let the indo turn off the gas and malaysia turn off their water.

You got one hell of the competitive edge for you. I would love you to be the leader of SG and being competitive and of course i am sure you will be successful and all of Singaporeans and Sinkie and the world will bowed to you and hold you to be the lord of the world.
bro, i think u havent expressed the "edge" quite clear enough.

m'sia: off the tap, stop supply of skilled labor, cease supply of vege & poultry
indon: off the gas, stop supply of domestic helpers, stop supply of sand & building materials
thailand: cease supply of rice, vege & poultry, stop supply of skilled labor

i think with all that combined, i truly wonder how much $ we're willing to bid, for commodities to feed the population.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, i think u havent expressed the "edge" quite clear enough.

m'sia: off the tap, stop supply of skilled labor, cease supply of vege & poultry
indon: off the gas, stop supply of domestic helpers, stop supply of sand & building materials
thailand: cease supply of rice, vege & poultry, stop supply of skilled labor

i think with all that combined, i truly wonder how much $ we're willing to bid, for commodities to feed the population.

It is simple to say that msia, indon, thailand, off this off that, we be very jialat. Singapore will be affected. but singapore has lots of money in these countries, they pull the plug, singapore pull out. It will be a lose lose situation for everyone. It is very hard to explain, but you kill the mouse, the cat will die too

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is simple to say that msia, indon, thailand, off this off that, we be very jialat. Singapore will be affected. but singapore has lots of money in these countries, they pull the plug, singapore pull out. It will be a lose lose situation for everyone. It is very hard to explain, but you kill the mouse, the cat will die too
of cos, there's always some form of billateral agreement n benefits that pulls the region together. however, let's nt exclude the factors of rising costs spreading like wildfire. prices have also naturally increased in neighboring countries, supplies for commodities have also fallen short of the rising demands. which also naturally pushes prices up a few notches too.

this barren island made up of nothing by concrete jungle suffers most, cos we rely heavily on the neighbors to supply the simplest of necessities.

contracts, agreements, treaties etc are nothing but ink on paper. once, the validity expires, or when ties r strained... these countries will still survive without sg's patronage.

ie:
1. they can sell their commodities elsewhere, n wat can sg do? match the offers bid by others?
2. yes, we invest alot in their countries, an attempt to provide jobs for their ppl, as well as to make minute progressive gains... but nobody's stopping these nations from supplying their labor force elsewhere. nt forgetting, wat kinda ROI is there?
3. how much losses have our investments overseas incurred, i dont think has ever been made known.

FYI, the middle east is sweeping up manpower from our continent, faster than the army recruitment in the states.... pay a visit to Qatar, Dubai... u'll witness armies of FTs. n they very much rather work there than sg, cos the pay's much better there.

the world is based on reality & ppl r pragmatic. sg's no longer the talking point of asia. even the simple beijing olympic alone is already drowning us.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
just as the govt is quick to praise Singapore to the skies, there are many detractors to shoot us down. the truth is in between. today it is all about $$.

we may not have land, oil, vege but we have $$. Of course in worst case scenario, $$ can buy shite but in worst case scenario, the world explodes leow in Armageddon.

the thing is we are not as helpless as some pple think.

dun sell us gas, ok loh, you go and breathe in yourself.
dun sell us water. ok loh, you go and drink loh. better drink fast before it flows into the sea
same goes for vege, rice, maids supply etc.

now say we laulan but the fact is we depend on each other. Buyers need sellers and sellers need buyers.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am ok with pple migrating. good for them!

but try not to shit too much on Singapore on the way out.

same goes for SPGs who hang out with angmohs. good for them! but stop slagging local guys lah.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
of cos, there's always some form of billateral agreement n benefits that pulls the region together. however, let's nt exclude the factors of rising costs spreading like wildfire. prices have also naturally increased in neighboring countries, supplies for commodities have also fallen short of the rising demands. which also naturally pushes prices up a few notches too.

We have no crude oil, no natural resources, at least we are not at the stage of no money.

It's like in real life. You are not handsome, you are old, if you are rich, people still give you that bit of "face". If you have neither, its like what you said at the mercy of others.

Most of the time, when neighbouring countries are in some sort of problem, Singapore has been ready to lend a helping hand. It's called give and take. I help you, you watch my back.

So what even if SG is not the talking point of Asia? Who cares? Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, you mentioned earlier can they be considered the talking point of Asia? Maybe yes, for the very wrong reasons.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am ok with pple migrating. good for them!

but try not to shit too much on Singapore on the way out.

same goes for SPGs who hang out with angmohs. good for them! but stop slagging local guys lah.

I am ok with people migrating out, same like people emigrating here. They should really stop those slagging like what you said. Because slagging too much will mean biting off the hand that feeds them.

Last edited:

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have no crude oil, no natural resources, at least we are not at the stage of no money.

It's like in real life. You are not handsome, you are old, if you are rich, people still give you that bit of "face". If you have neither, its like what you said at the mercy of others.

Most of the time, when neighbouring countries are in some sort of problem, Singapore has been ready to lend a helping hand. It's called give and take. I help you, you watch my back.

So what even if SG is not the talking point of Asia? Who cares? Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, you mentioned earlier can they be considered the talking point of Asia? Maybe yes, for the very wrong reasons.
fren, your notion on $ talks, only applies for some cases. when there's crisis at hand, u can flash all your cash... bt ppl will nt care 2 hoots.

ie: food shortage in the region, thailand/m'sia/indon/phil... also will encounter the problem, or if not, they're shortage will be much higher, pro-rated against their population. n when there's shortage, the priority of their own govt is to feed their own ppl.

meanwhile, sg can be flashing as much $ as we possibly can, bt if supplies insufficient, then too bad so sad.. u pay more for less. having $ doesnt necessarily guarantee leverage (especially in times of crisis)

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
fren, your notion on $ talks, only applies for some cases. when there's crisis at hand, u can flash all your cash... bt ppl will nt care 2 hoots.

ie: food shortage in the region, thailand/m'sia/indon/phil... also will encounter the problem, or if not, they're shortage will be much higher, pro-rated against their population. n when there's shortage, the priority of their own govt is to feed their own ppl.

meanwhile, sg can be flashing as much $ as we possibly can, bt if supplies insufficient, then too bad so sad.. u pay more for less. having $ doesnt necessarily guarantee leverage (especially in times of crisis)

It would be for the very most naive if they seriously think there is shortage of any kind.

Crude oil go up because of shortage?
Oil price go up because of shortage?
Rice price go up because of shortage?
All these are just what you read. In real life, there is no shortage, just people manipulating it for more money.

If no supplies, most important is still you must have money. If you have no supplies and yet no money, bye bye. You try and see whether if no money you can migrate to Thailand and do anything?
Even if pay more for less, it is still better than no money to even buy it.

In this world, money talks. No money, talk is free. The only thing that money can't buy is LOVE. Other than that, it can even buy souls away. Don't believe, you ask Sam. If you have money, he can sell his forum to you at the price he wants. The part of where you are talking about crisis. We are not in an epidemic nor in an uncivilized or war situation right now. Even if we are, the rich and the power will leave first for safety. It's a fact of life

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be for the very most naive if they seriously think there is shortage of any kind.

Crude oil go up because of shortage?
Oil price go up because of shortage?
Rice price go up because of shortage?
All these are just what you read. In real life, there is no shortage, just people manipulating it for more money.

If no supplies, most important is still you must have money. If you have no supplies and yet no money, bye bye. You try and see whether if no money you can migrate to Thailand and do anything?
Even if pay more for less, it is still better than no money to even buy it.

In this world, money talks. No money, talk is free. The only thing that money can't buy is LOVE. Other than that, it can even buy souls away. Don't believe, you ask Sam. If you have money, he can sell his forum to you at the price he wants. The part of where you are talking about crisis. We are not in an epidemic nor in an uncivilized or war situation right now. Even if we are, the rich and the power will leave first for safety. It's a fact of life
fren, looks like u've no idea that even some of the countries that form some of the largest supplies of stockpile for food sources r buying back what they supply to the cartels.

your example of flashing $ to buy the site over from sam is food for thought. on the contrary, sam has the right to deny any bid or perhaps even quote a ridiculous price. then, what happens? the buyer sucks thumb to either; pay the amount quoted, or, walk home empty handed.

doesnt mean that u got $ means u can have things your way.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
fren, looks like u've no idea that even some of the countries that form some of the largest supplies of stockpile for food sources r buying back what they supply to the cartels.

your example of flashing $ to buy the site over from sam is food for thought. on the contrary, sam has the right to deny any bid or perhaps even quote a ridiculous price. then, what happens? the buyer sucks thumb to either; pay the amount quoted, or, walk home empty handed.

doesnt mean that u got $ means u can have things your way.

There you see. By buying back what they supplied out means they used money to buy back. If not use money, you think use what? No money, you think they can buy back?

Sam is not a stupid man. If he can sell off the forum at the price he wants, why not? Bottomline is how much? To someone who has no money, he will think the price to buy is ridiculous. To some who has money, he will think it as maybe small change or even think why not?

When want to migrate to any country, also has to talk about money. When you have money, any country welcome you. When you have no money, they think of you as refugee.:o

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
There you see. By buying back what they supplied out means they used money to buy back. If not use money, you think use what? No money, you think they can buy back?

Sam is not a stupid man. If he can sell off the forum at the price he wants, why not? Bottomline is how much? To someone who has no money, he will think the price to buy is ridiculous. To some who has money, he will think it as maybe small change or even think why not?

When want to migrate to any country, also has to talk about money. When you have money, any country welcome you. When you have no money, they think of you as refugee.:o
fren, u've helped to further instill my point. they buy back frm cartel is also nt at the same rates as we non-supplying countries r buying at la. nt to mention, in their industry, there's also means to barter other produces, to offset the strain on their currencies.

sam can of cos consider selling off the site at any price, as n when he wishes, bt at the end of the day, it takes a willing sucker to bid at whatever escalated price he quotes.

while for us, non producing countries to buy commodities, no matter how rich we consider ourselves to be, we're at the mercy of those who sell. cos commodities r necessities. just a hypothetcal example: if a ton of rice used to fetch USD100, n they suddenly decide to jack it to USD200 today... we have to buy no matter what. (factoring in the increasing fuel prices)

while your paralleled example of a website, is not a necessity.

just to bring about my thoughts; i believe alota ppl r migrating to developing/emerging countries is majorly driven due to rising costs of living in sg (at alarming rates). wherever the emigrants choose to resettle, is primarily survivor instinct - to stretch the dollar in hope for better sustainable finances for their kids n generations after.

ps: our continued discussion on this commodity issue is going off topic.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have thot of migrating to the Fiji Islands. Lots of Koreans are doing that. Very cheap housing with beaches, totally stress free. But My future wife is a Thai, so I shall be migrating there soon. My main worry is my CPF. Just started a thread to seek advice.
Hopefully, Kind Brothers can enlighten me. Thanks !