• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Embarrassing: Edwin Tong stutters whilst questioning Pritam Singh during COP hearing

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Clearly not. The whole point of this hearing was to put opposition in a bad light, not to kill them off.

If pap really wanted to finish the job they'll get black cobra Shanmugan
The pap wants us all to see their 4G ministers are capable of effectively conducting this COP. If the black cobra had to do it, it means the 4G ministers are useless and lacked the confidence of their seniors.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone who has watched the full vids on the COP thus far please help me out on one question.

I gather PAP minister Desmond Lee is on this COP. Has DL asked any questions, particulary with respect Faisal, Pritam and Sylvia? If so anything of interest?

DL is a trained lawyer with an Oxbridge background albeit i don't think he has done any court room work before, more in house counsel stuff. That said, he strikes me as a smart measured chap. So would be curious as to how he has handled himself in this forum thus far.

jw5

Loyal
Can anyone who has watched the full vids on the COP thus far please help me out on one question.

I gather PAP minister Desmond Lee is on this COP. Has DL asked any questions, particulary with respect Faisal, Pritam and Sylvia? If so anything of interest?

DL is a trained lawyer with an Oxbridge background albeit i don't think he has done any court room work before, more in house counsel stuff. That said, he strikes me as a smart measured chap. So would be curious as to how he has handled himself in this forum thus far.

I didn't watch the videos so don't know whether he asked any questions, but below is his pre-politics career from wikipidia:

After graduating from NUS in 2001, Lee served as a Justices' Law Clerk at the Supreme Court before he became a Deputy Public Prosecutor in the Criminal Justice Division of the Attorney-General's Chambers.

From 2005 to 2009, Lee served as Deputy Director of the Legal Branch of the Ministry of Health. Later, he transferred to the Ministry of Law, where he served as Deputy Director of the Legal Policy Division until 2011.

In March 2011, Lee joined Temasek Holdings as an Associate Director in the Legal and Regulations Department.[5]

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't watch the videos so don't know whether he asked any questions, but below is his pre-politics career from wikipidia:

After graduating from NUS in 2001, Lee served as a Justices' Law Clerk at the Supreme Court before he became a Deputy Public Prosecutor in the Criminal Justice Division of the Attorney-General's Chambers.

From 2005 to 2009, Lee served as Deputy Director of the Legal Branch of the Ministry of Health. Later, he transferred to the Ministry of Law, where he served as Deputy Director of the Legal Policy Division until 2011.

In March 2011, Lee joined Temasek Holdings as an Associate Director in the Legal and Regulations Department.[5]
Thanks for the background!

Still curious as to DL's participation in this COP. The only panel members i have heard are TCJ, ET and WP's Dennis. Seems like everything has been left to ET on the PAP front. TCJ trying to act more laid back.

jw5

Loyal
Thanks for the background!

Still curious as to DL's participation in this COP. The only panel members i have heard are TCJ, ET and WP's Dennis. Seems like everything has been left to ET on the PAP front. TCJ trying to act more laid back.

Not surprising since TCJ is there because he is the Chairman of the committee and Speaker of Parliament and "supposed to be impartial". :wink:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing beats the famous Committee with Speaker Dr Yeoh Ghim Seng as Chair being directed by whispers from Eddie Barker and the likes of Francis Seow, JBJ, CJ Wee Chong Jin, AG Tan Boon Teik and of course LKL all being involved. Greatest show in town. Alas all of them are now dead. Puts things into perspective.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My faith in Ah Tong is partly restored.
Ah Tong was able to force Lim to go along with his conspiracy theory
I give Ah Tong credit for being able to make this hearing into an inquisition of WP. It is no longer Khan; the Khan is the weapon used to stab the WP.
Wonder how much money will be given to Khan for her cooperation, definitely more than her MP allowance.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just got my answer in the thread below.

Desmond Lee did indeed ask some questions. But looks like he did not get the answer he wanted. Neither did the exasperated chair TCJ!

Kudos to Jamus!!

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/ca...ing-lawmaker-raeesah-khan.313663/post-3519667

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Edwin Tong is indeed worthy to headline the Joo Chiat Comedy Festival. He should have his own slot with him entering stage to the amplified sound of computer mouse scrolling in background

Attachments

• ET Comedy.JPG
    ET Comedy.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 83

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Purchasing power of money in 1960 is different from 2020

Thanks to PAP, sinkies purchasing power in 2020 is far better than sinkies back in 1960. Today, it's ASEAN people who come to Singapore to work as our cheap labour and serfs. I don't hear of sinkies going abroad to work as maids and serfs.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many "what if" questions and hypothesis. Why not ask the parents of the
self-confessed liar to answer on oath: were you at home when Pritam and family
visited?
Their daughter said she was alone.
Pritam said her mother even spoke with him.
Simple - case closed.
No more "she say, I say," BS from either of them.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing is happening, in a mth I can see 5 units of family move out their condos,times are bad, hope they are the 61% bite the dust
Pet dogs that used to cost 2k, are now selling for 12k.
Bicycles, don't say.
Many2 rich people born during the pandemic.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to PAP, sinkies purchasing power in 2020 is far better than sinkies back in 1960. Today, it's ASEAN people who come to Singapore to work as our cheap labour and serfs. I don't hear of sinkies going abroad to work as maids and serfs.

Maids shd be ban. No family bonding when maids are doing housework and family sit lazy and turn ugly against each others...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was ET meant to be showcased as a late comer to the 4G party, the way
the earlier arrivals was showcased for the Covid challenge? If so, he did not
do a good job, clutching at last straws in his exchanges with Pritam...asking the
same questions four times on quite a few occasions, and begging Pritam to "indulge" him.

The essential documents were described as "bundles" which were not properly
categorised or numbered. Depending on headings of documents to be referred,
including one where the blank page that was referred. And he had a heavily
staffed ministry to support him!
Dont think so.

More likely ET suppose to take over from his mentor Shan when Shan retires.

As for poor housekeeping of documents during the COP, to be fair to the clerks think a lot of documents came in the last minute. Very fluid situation and stress levels must have been high.

In hindsight, PAP made a mistake to go public with this interim reports nonsense. PAP thought it could seize the narrative but instead come off looking like biased bullies instead.