• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Electrician License

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, any bro out there a LEW? I would like to apply for a license to 1) to fix up my house 2) more importantly, prepare a back door in case I lose my job. I have looked at the EMA site and I think I have the paper qualification; I have written to EMA about it and is waiting for their reply. But I do not have the 2 year practical experience. What should I do?

boii77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, any bro out there a LEW? I would like to apply for a license to 1) to fix up my house 2) more importantly, prepare a back door in case I lose my job. I have looked at the EMA site and I think I have the paper qualification; I have written to EMA about it and is waiting for their reply. But I do not have the 2 year practical experience. What should I do?

Actually nowadays to get a "licensed electrical work" u nid to work in low/high tension switching companies. There will be a test on the work u do.. example types of electrical faults, diagnosis and remedy of faults; explained the protection devices like mcb, rccb, elr, o/c relays etcs.. all these r ez as u can refer to book or buy a theory handout from ema. however the tricky part is during the interview session plus u also need a "Professional Engineer" or PE (licensed by ema) to recommend/endorse u b4 u can be a professional engineer. If u still have doubt,is better to call ema for the guidelines.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are u sure that a electrican needs to be recommended by PE? I am not looking to be a PE.
Bro,what you should so is to go work part time with a licensed electrician to gain the 2 years practical,just look up the licensed electricians list and try yr luck,you are bound to get one.

Of course you need to convince the electrician to certify that you work for 2 years with him,so you should negotiate with yr current employer to transfer you to category of contract worker,no,CPF and just sign for allowance,so they cant trace you in future.Yr name should not appear as a employee.

In this way,you can pass the 2 years requirement,then you are licensed.

It is quite a good lobang,as I used to stay in a old but big bungalow,and we paid a lot for these electricians,just call them and they come to do at their price.when electricity is down,customers really have no time to shop around

But bro,pl be reasonable lah,all of us are making a living,but if you know the client is earning say S$3 million a year,then pl do not forget to whack hard,real hard.

Cheers & good luck

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that as a licensed electrician,you probably need ITE or some vocational cert,if you have Poly,then you go for licensed techician,if engineering degree,then PE loh

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro hope for the advice:smile:
Will wait for EMA's reply about my paper qualification. I want a electrician license bcos i do not want work under a PE for 5 years before he decides if i am ready for PE exams. I think all the bro here will understand when i want something secure quickly.

cheers