• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Elderly woman slashed in botched robbery

Shermie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Elderly woman slashed in botched robbery

by Shin Min Daily News

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin: 4px 0px; ">Mdm Du, 79, was slashed by a man while on her way to the market. (Photo / Shin Min Daily News)</cite>

An elderly woman was slashed by a man in an early morning botched robbery.

The victim, a 79-year-old woman known only as Mdm Du was on her way to the market at 6.40am last Sunday (20 May) when she was attacked between Blk 225 and 226 at Toa Payoh Lorong 8.

She said she saw a man standing at the corner of a block some distance away and had thought he was going to cross the road.

However, the man suddenly went up behind her and asked, “Aunty, how are you?” before directing a stab towards the left side of her torso with a knife about three inches long.

Luckily, the man missed and Mdm Du was slashed on her left hand instead.

After wounding her, the man ran away. But he kept turning back to look at Mdm Du and even shouted at her while fleeing.

“I didn’t feel any pain, and only realised I was hurt when I saw blood on the ground. I shouted for help but the area was very quiet so no one responded,” said the elderly woman.

Mdm Du suspects that the man was waiting for her to collapse before returning to steal from her.

Despite the wound, the plucky auntie still managed to make her way home, shocking her husband who called the police and an ambulance.

Mdm Du received eight stitches at the hospital for the wound on her hand.

Police are looking for the assailant.

The suspect is described as a Chinese man in his 30s who is about 1.75m tall. He is slim, tanned, and shaved on both sides of his head.

The man was wearing a grey t-shirt, grey shorts, sports shoes and a dark coloured cap at the time of the alleged crime.

Call the police on 1800-255-0000 if you have information on the suspect.

Source: Shin Min Daily News, 24 May 2012.