• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eerie Sighting on New Year's Day

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
More then a year ago, "Full House Noodle Shop" which occupies 2 shops opens along Joo Chiat road. Business wasn't good from the start. The signature dish is Taiwan Won Tan with real prawn, however the price is steep at $5 in coffee shop setting. Over the year the owner attempted a few make over selling additional dishes and the last I had notice is part of the shop is transform into a open Internet Cafe. However it has since close for a couple of weeks, perhaps more.

Yesterday, when I passed by, the shop is open. Hmm... I thought what are they selling during new year's day. Took a peek. It's a coffin sitting in the middle of the shop! I was taken aback and notices there are a couple of other people mourning besides it.

This morning, saw 4 to 5 people wearing chef uniform coming from the direction of the shop and give me the creep.

Anyway, I am speculating, as I have seen the young owner before, this looks like a suicide case, why do they did what they did, I don't know.

Sad. RIP.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
What make you think it's the young owner, may be his older generation?

or may be _ like you said_ it's one of their make over become funeral parlour :eek:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Can you confirm your speculation?

Unlikely, unless I hear about it. But this is not an issue of suicide, rather, why would the owner/owners' family put the coffin inside it's eatery shop and happens to be New Year's day? If they must hold the funeral there, then place it outside the shop.

So, due to the circumstances observed, I thought it may be some kind of spell, knowing how diverse the Chinese can interpret their form of superstition?