• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Education Minister Ong Ye Kung should resign if he refuses to close schools to protect our students

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Ong Ye Kung you have made a seriously bad judgement call; for the honour of Singapore's political system you should close all schools TODAY, at the same time re-consider your position and allow a politician who is capable enough to make tough decisions ahead take over!

When will the education minister resign I wonder? He has refused to shut down schools, despite surrounding countries already doing or having done so. I have repeatedly called for the curriculum to be delivered online via e-learning instead of permitting lessons in physical classrooms to continue, yet my advice has fallen on deaf ears even till now!

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2020/02/education-minister-ong-ye-kung-should.html

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You can't just shut down a whole country because of relatively harmless virus.

Besides the mortality rate amongst the young is so low that it is a non issue. A kid is far more likely to die from a road accident.

A mortality rate lower than 0.2% makes it far less lethal to the young compared to seasonal flu.

5e583c47fee23d4cf4755b27.png

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Here's the figures for the Northern Hemisphere flu season in the USA

CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through February 15, 2020, there have been:
29,000,000 – 41,000,000
flu illnesses

person coughing icon

13,000,000 – 19,000,000
flu medical visits

doctor patient icon

280,000 – 500,000
flu hospitalizations

hospital room icon

16,000 – 41,000
flu deaths

flu virus icon

The coronavirus is very mild in comparison.