• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Health Minister Ong Ye Kung has called on general practitioners to persuade their patients to get the jabs

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ients-to-convince-seniors-60-and-above-to-get

SINGAPORE - In an effort to increase the Covid-19 vaccination rate among seniors aged 60 and above, Health Minister Ong Ye Kung has called on general practitioners to persuade their patients to get the jabs.

"We know that for many seniors, in fact, for many of us, we listen to our GPs. They are our confidants, they are our friends, they have been giving us advice since we were young. And so the GPs are a big source of influence amongst the seniors," he said on Tuesday (July 20).

He was responding to a question raised at a press conference held by the multi-ministry task force tackling Covid-19 on how the Ministry of Health (MOH) will be convincing more seniors to get their jabs.

Singapore has about 200,000 seniors aged 60 and above who have yet to be vaccinated. Mr Ong said this group of people have a high likelihood of falling critically ill if they are infected.

On July 14, letters were sent to GPs and primary care providers for use in persuading seniors above 70 to get themselves vaccinated against Covid-19. These letters were signed off by Singapore's director of medical services Kenneth Mak.

Mr Ong added that for some time now, seniors aged above 60 have been able to walk into any vaccination centre and get their Covid-19 jabs on the spot, without needing a booking.

Many have responded to that... (showing) that it has been a very effective measure," he said.

Volunteers from the Agency for Integrated Care, the Silver Generation Office and the People's Association have been visiting many households with seniors, asking them if they have been vaccinated and persuading them to do so.

"So they've been working very hard, but I think there's a limit to how much they can persuade," Mr Ong added.

MOH has also deployed vaccination teams to the homes of seniors with mobility issues, and there are 10 mobile vaccination teams to inoculate seniors in towns with the most number of unvaccinated seniors, said Mr Ong.

There are 10 of these towns, including Bukit Merah, Sengkang, Tampines and Yishun.

He said certain countries, such as Britain, have been more confident in opening up their economies due to the high vaccination rates among seniors, with some countries achieving rates of 90 per cent to 95 per cent.

Mr Ong said that in Singapore, the vaccination rate among those aged 70 and above is hovering at around 71 per cent to 72 per cent, and is expected to reach 75 per cent in the coming days based on the bookings done.

"But in the coming weeks, if we can reach out to even more, maybe we can reach 80 per cent to 85 per cent," he said.

The vaccination rate among those aged between 60 and 69 is above 85 per cent, he noted.

Trade and Industry Minister Gan Kim Yong, who co-chairs the multi-ministry task force, said in response to a question that additional precautions may apply to the 200,000 seniors aged 60 and above if efforts to convince them to get vaccinated fail to bear fruit.

For example, they will not be able to participate in some activities deemed to be of higher risk, he noted.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2011/05/dumbass-remark-of-the-week-dr-lim-wee-kiak.html

Dumbass Remark of the Week: Dr Lim Wee Kiak​

Lim_wee_kiak
Image from omy.sg
The winner this week is... PAP MP for Nee Soon GRC, Dr Lim Wee Kiak!
The good doctor said:
"If the annual salary of the Minister of Information, Communications and the Arts is only $500,000, it may pose some problems when he discusses policies with media CEOs who earn millions of dollars because they need not listen to the minister's ideas and proposals, hence a reasonable payout will help to maintain a bit of dignity."
From omy.sg: ‘ 部长薪酬过低 有失身份地位’ 林伟杰言论遭网民批评 ("Lim Wee Kiak defends ministerial salaries: Low pay is a loss of dignity")

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Minister earn how much? $100+k a month

GP earn $10k a month

You say people listen to who leh?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Minister earn how much? $100+k a month

GP earn $10k a month

You say people listen to who leh?
Neither. Because the overpaid minister is forcing the GP to force feed the vaccination idea to us serfs.

My doc friend has been telling me to get the jab. My standard answer, Wait lah.:biggrin:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not see it at first but now I get it.

The seniors are collectively and simply giving PAP a middle finger. Maybe its a revenge for all the broken promises.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did not see it at first but now I get it.

The seniors are collectively and simply giving PAP a middle finger. Maybe its a revenge for all the broken promises.

Wasn't there a recent report saying that seniors' vaccination rate is around 71%? Still not high enough? What did the WHO and CDC say?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Neither. Because the overpaid minister is forcing the GP to force feed the vaccination idea to us serfs.

My doc friend has been telling me to get the jab. My standard answer, Wait lah.:biggrin:

Ummm.....got bonus for GP or not ar?

Any incentives? And performance based rewards?

Say GP Dr XYZ managed to convince 2000 patients to go for jab got $2m bonus?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2011/05/dumbass-remark-of-the-week-dr-lim-wee-kiak.html

Dumbass Remark of the Week: Dr Lim Wee Kiak​

Lim_wee_kiak
Image from omy.sg
The winner this week is... PAP MP for Nee Soon GRC, Dr Lim Wee Kiak!
The good doctor said:
"If the annual salary of the Minister of Information, Communications and the Arts is only $500,000, it may pose some problems when he discusses policies with media CEOs who earn millions of dollars because they need not listen to the minister's ideas and proposals, hence a reasonable payout will help to maintain a bit of dignity."
From omy.sg: ‘ 部长薪酬过低 有失身份地位’ 林伟杰言论遭网民批评 ("Lim Wee Kiak defends ministerial salaries: Low pay is a loss of dignity")

Hey I remember this guy! The 'NS is a privilege' twit! :biggrin:

original.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Ummm.....got bonus for GP or not ar?

Any incentives? And performance based rewards?

Say GP Dr XYZ managed to convince 2000 patients to go for jab got $2m bonus?
dunno ah. But surely they will get into MOH's good book. Like wow, this Dr managed to convince x number of people to get vaccinated woh! Maybe will get PBM or BBM.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
dunno ah. But surely they will get into MOH's good book. Like wow, this Dr managed to convince x number of people to get vaccinated woh! Maybe will get PBM or BBM.

Fuck lah. PBM or BBM can eat one or not?

Tell minister give you $300k a year salary instead of million. But give you PBM or BBM can?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Fuck lah. PBM or BBM can eat one or not?

Tell minister give you $300k a year salary instead of million. But give you PBM or BBM can?
That's precisely what I say too. What's the use of a bloody title? I know this guy with a PBM, I think he's struggling to make ends meet.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE — Singapore on Sunday (July 18) recorded 88 new locally transmitted cases of Covid-19, 42 of which are linked to the Jurong Fishery Port cluster, while 25 have been traced to the growing cluster at karaoke lounges and clubs.
Of the 88 cases, 30 are linked to previous cases and have already been placed on quarantine, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said in a statement.
Another 48 are linked to previous cases and were detected through surveillance.
Ten cases are unlinked.

Among the cases are four seniors aged above 70 who are unvaccinated and are at risk of serious illness, MOH said.

The 88 locally transmitted cases were among a total of 92 new Covid-19 cases preliminarily confirmed on Sunday, MOH said. It was the highest daily total since Aug 28 last year, when 94 fresh infections were recorded.
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/new-covid-19-cases-july-18-21

4 seniors out of 88 locally transmitted, 84 were vaccinated but still infected. So get senior vaccinated for fucks?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
SINGAPORE — Singapore on Sunday (July 18) recorded 88 new locally transmitted cases of Covid-19, 42 of which are linked to the Jurong Fishery Port cluster, while 25 have been traced to the growing cluster at karaoke lounges and clubs.
Of the 88 cases, 30 are linked to previous cases and have already been placed on quarantine, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said in a statement.
Another 48 are linked to previous cases and were detected through surveillance.
Ten cases are unlinked.

Among the cases are four seniors aged above 70 who are unvaccinated and are at risk of serious illness, MOH said.

The 88 locally transmitted cases were among a total of 92 new Covid-19 cases preliminarily confirmed on Sunday, MOH said. It was the highest daily total since Aug 28 last year, when 94 fresh infections were recorded.
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/new-covid-19-cases-july-18-21

4 seniors out of 88 locally transmitted, 84 were vaccinated but still infected. So get senior vaccinated for fucks?
They kept emphasizing the symptoms would not be as severe if vaccinated. I don't know how true or factual that is.

jw5

Loyal
They kept emphasizing the symptoms would not be as severe if vaccinated. I don't know how true or factual that is.

You can look at these graphs and decide for yourself.

from MOH report 19 July 2021:

13. There is continuing evidence that vaccination helps to prevent serious disease when one gets infected. Over the last 28 days, 12 local cases required oxygen supplementation, were admitted to ICU or passed away. 8 are unvaccinated, 4 are partially vaccinated and none was fully vaccinated.

Figure 8: Local Cases in the Last 28 Days by Vaccination Status and Severity of Condition5

Fig. 8 (19 Jul)

Figure 9: Deaths and Active Cases in ICU or Requiring Oxygen Supplementation, by Vaccination Status5

Fig. 9 (19 Jul)

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You can look at these graphs and decide for yourself.

from MOH report 19 July 2021:

13. There is continuing evidence that vaccination helps to prevent serious disease when one gets infected. Over the last 28 days, 12 local cases required oxygen supplementation, were admitted to ICU or passed away. 8 are unvaccinated, 4 are partially vaccinated and none was fully vaccinated.

Figure 8: Local Cases in the Last 28 Days by Vaccination Status and Severity of Condition5

Fig. 8 (19 Jul)

Figure 9: Deaths and Active Cases in ICU or Requiring Oxygen Supplementation, by Vaccination Status5

Fig. 9 (19 Jul)
Yes, that's the "official" narrative. Numbers and stats put out by the government to entice everyone to get vaccinated. That's their agenda, as we all know.

It could be those unvaccinated are just not strong enough to begin with, they may have health issues which the vaccine could aggravate. Hence they chose to not take the vaccine. And being weak and susceptible, they are easy meat for covid. Or any other infectious diseases.

I don't know. We just need to wait and see more results.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very subjective. Good for "A" does not necessarily be good for "B". That's where allergy comes in.
Why inject something into your system when there is nothing wrong with you?