• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

dying desperateLEE need someone to die for him

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_627414.html

Jan 23, 2011
ST poll on MM Lee's comment: Will you die for each other?
By Elgin Toh
Mr Lee said Singapore was still a nation in the making, an aspiration and not a reality. -- ST PHOTO

THIS was the challenge Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew threw to Singaporeans on Friday at the launch of Hard Truths, a new book about his beliefs. And The Straits Times is conducting a poll on this poser (see below).

Mr Lee said Singapore is still a nation in the making, an aspiration and not a reality.

Citing China as an example of a bona fide nation, MM Lee said that China can be 'ravaged, demolished', but the people would invariably come together again to rebuild it. If the same thing happened to Singapore, it may simply fall apart.

'Do not believe we have got there,' he said. 'Will we make it? Am I certain we'll get there? No, I cannot say that. Something can go wrong somewhere, and we'll fall apart.'

The 458-page book, Hard Truths To Keep Singapore Going, is based on 16 interviews he gave to Straits Times journalists. Published by Straits Times Press, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Singapore Press Holdings, the book is now available for $39.90 at all major bookstores.

On Friday's launch event at the John Jacob Ballroom, St Regis Singapore, was attended by 160 guests, including diplomats, academics, MPs, captains of industry, and Mr Lee's daughter, Wei Ling.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citing China as an example of a bona fide nation, MM Lee said that China can be 'ravaged, demolished', but the people would invariably come together again to rebuild it. If the same thing happened to Singapore, it may simply fall apart.

'Do not believe we have got there,' he said. 'Will we make it? Am I certain we'll get there? No, I cannot say that. Something can go wrong somewhere, and we'll fall apart.'

That is because he has built this country for himself and familee, who would want to come and fix it for him if this country falls apart.

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is because he has built this country for himself and familee, who would want to come and fix it for him if this country falls apart.

Serious Correction:

That is because he has built this country for himself and familee, who would want to DIE and fix it for him if this country falls apart.

That's what the context is - DEATH!

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serious Correction:

That is because he has built this country for himself and familee, who would want to DIE and fix it for him if this country falls apart.

That's what the context is - DEATH!

He did not built this country on solid foundation but on just one foundation - Familee Foundation, and now then he is worried that it will fall apart.
He and his familee should return the billions they have made out of this country.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
He did not built this country on solid foundation but on just one foundation - Familee Foundation, and now then he is worried that it will fall apart.
He and his familee should return the billions they have made out of this country.
MM LKY single handedly destroy the Patriotism of the Singapore youths.

Why?because his policies,especially the FT polciy has resulted in about 70-80 % of our youth comtemplating some sort of migration fr Singapore.

How to find such ridiculous leader?Yet he is still worshipped by at least 30-40 % of his subjects!

The percentage is coming down though!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What are you defending?
1 Familee Traitors selling you out and sucking you dry
2 FTrash replacing you
3 66% goons
4 All of the above

Worldclass

Alfrescian
Loyal
When MM Lee die, will there be a Sinkie that is willing to die with him?

I believe there will be 1 (as everyday people dying), then Sinkapore will be a Nation. :biggrin:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old fuck is talking about himself. That is why when the Japs came, he didn't fight to protect the country and die like the rest of the heroes, he simply bow and work for the Japs. Same with that old Prata-man. These are acts of treason.

Now we have all young Singaporean males wasting our 2 or 2.5yrs of our youth and some stupid 13years cycle thing and he said we are not a nation cos we didn't die for the country??? Does he know how many became crippled, loss live during those stupid NS time???? What a fucking ungrateful old fuck!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha... when forummers he call him a old fart they are right about him. Keeping farting the same initmidating his people like as if without him Singapore will collapse. I think we shd elevated him to sick old fart.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the ruler of almost 50 years has to ask this above question, AND the country, oopps nation, oopps city, will collapse after his passing, very sadly, he has misably failed the citizens (note : this does not include PRs, FTs, etc). Period.

exgoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Die for him ??

More like waiting for him to die so that I can open my long-kept-in-the-cooler bottle of champagne.. in celebration.

Must be hundreds, if not thousands, of Singaporeans similarly waiting to pop their own long-kept-in-the-cooler bottle of champagne.. to celebrate Old Fart kicking the bucket.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old fuck is talking about himself. That is why when the Japs came, he didn't fight to protect the country and die like the rest of the heroes, he simply bow and work for the Japs. Same with that old Prata-man. These are acts of treason.

Now we have all young Singaporean males wasting our 2 or 2.5yrs of our youth and some stupid 13years cycle thing and he said we are not a nation cos we didn't die for the country??? Does he know how many became crippled, loss live during those stupid NS time???? What a fucking ungrateful old fuck!

Usual, he is trying to be arrogant thinking no one can touch him in this nation. He is challenging us to see if PAP can lose how many GRCs and SMCs in this coming election.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

There you go you have the answers to your own questions .
For decades you have built remuneration driven society .
You have benefited only your cronies and linked companies .
Worst you appreciate SG dollar in failed overseas investment .

Last edited: