• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dun like to study, take drugs...guess the race?

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I must have missed this thread. The story sounds kind of fishy. The time taken from CPL in 2004 to being a Captain in 2011 is rather short especially if he claims to have worked for Singapore Airlines and Boeing. Doesnt add up.

As a pilot myself I have never heard of this person TS wrote and neither was this story in our pilot magazine. TS better put a link to prove it otherwise this is pure bull. Don;t get taken in by such stories especially where there is no source quoted from.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must have missed this thread. The story sounds kind of fishy. The time taken from CPL in 2004 to being a Captain in 2011 is rather short especially if he claims to have worked for Singapore Airlines and Boeing. Doesnt add up.

Thanks for the input, you know it as well as I do that this story reeks through and through. Within such a short space of time and worked with 2 companies SIA and Boeing? Boeing will not employ an FT especially one with little experience.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boeing pilots are very very experienced. Many of them are test pilots with many hours of flying in their pockets.

I am not sure if they are unionised or not, but i dont really see how any Asian can break in and join their ranks.

Hard to believe this story. Wonder about the source.

Thanks for the input, you know it as well as I do that this story reeks through and through. Within such a short space of time and worked with 2 companies SIA and Boeing? Boeing will not employ an FT especially one with little experience.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Chinese version would be:

Primary school - teacher's pet, good grades from P1 to P6. Go to RI, 8 A's O levels. Go to JC, straight A's again, school prefect. Wins gahmen scholarship, aces Uni. Gets addicted to gambling soon after work, loses his pants, hounded by Ah Long, wife sues for divorce.

Cheers!

In many cases who your father is will determine the sons/daughters success.
Just look at our dear PM :biggrin:

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boeing pilots are very very experienced. Many of them are test pilots with many hours of flying in their pockets.

I am not sure if they are unionised or not, but i dont really see how any Asian can break in and join their ranks.

Hard to believe this story. Wonder about the source.

I did a search and it was from this website. http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/features/people/940690/From_school_dropout_to_pilot.html

I will be making a report to Advertising Standards Authority of Singapore (ASAS) about such blatant adverts that are false.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sometimes, the environment and the people whom you hang around with can have a big influence in shaping your character.

Look at Makiyo. Yakuza Jap dad who wasn't available. Hangs around with hardcore drinkers and thugs.

That is absolutely correct!!!!!!

That is why i avoided sinkies at all cost. Not sometimes, ALL THE TIME!!!!