• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dumb Malaysia: 'Allah' Word Banned For Non-Muslims

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
<hgroup class="withStandfirst"> Malaysia: 'Allah' Word Banned For Non-Muslims

A Christian newspaper says minority rights are under threat after a court rules it cannot use 'Allah' to refer to a Christian God.

<time datetime="2013-10-14T12:31:15.766+01:00">12:31pm UK, Monday 14 October 2013</time>
</hgroup> <section id="primary" class="hero">
184430810-1-942x530.jpg

</section> A Malaysian appeals court has ruled that the word 'Allah' cannot be used to refer to God in non-Muslim faiths.
Catholic newspaper The Herald wanted to continue using the word, which is commonly used in the Malay language to refer to God, but the government successfully argued it should be reserved for Muslims.
"The usage of the word Allah is not an integral part of the faith in Christianity," said chief judge Mohamed Apandi Ali.
"The usage of the word will cause confusion in the community."
The judgement overturns a decision by a lower court nearly four years ago.
Anger over that decision sparked arson attacks and vandalism at Malaysian churches and other places of worship.
The government has justified the ban on grounds of national security and to avoid misunderstanding and confusion.

Malaysia's Christian, Buddhist and Hindu minorities have often complained that the government infringes their constitutional right to practise religion freely.
However, the appeals court said banning the word in non-Muslim contexts was "no infringement of any constitutional rights".
"We could find no reason why the (Catholic newspaper) is so adamant to use the word Allah in their weekly, said the chief judge.
About 200 Muslims outside the court in Putrajaya greeted the decision with shouts of Allahu Akbar (God is Greatest).
Lawyers for The Herald had argued that the word Allah predated Islam and had been used by Malay-speaking Christians in part of Borneo island for centuries.
Reverend Lawrence Andrew, editor of the The Herald, said they intend to appeal the verdict in the country's highest court.
"We are greatly disappointed and dismayed," he said.
"This is unrealistic. It is a retrograde step in the development of law in relation to the fundamental liberty of religious minorities."
Christians in Indonesia and much of the Arab world continue to use the word Allah without opposition from Islamic authorities.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
In view that non-Muslims in Malaysia CANNOT use the word Allah. As such, these dumb Malaysia leaders are suggesting when non-Muslims want to refer to this forbidden word *Allah*, they can say:

• 1. The Malay God blah blah blah
  • 2. A**** is the Malay God blah blah blah
  • 3. etc.

Maximum silliness at play.

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In view that non-Muslims in Malaysia CANNOT use the word Allah. As such, these dumb Malaysia leaders are suggesting when non-Muslims want to refer to this forbidden word *Allah*, they can say:

• 1. The Malay God blah blah blah
  • 2. A**** is the Malay God blah blah blah
  • 3. etc.

Maximum silliness at play.

sorry, did you mean ****assholes**** :confused:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The country belongs to the Muslims. They can pass whatever laws they want.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly speaking I support the high court. Allah is a malay word for thier god. why can't they stick to their god or heavenly father or holy ghost crap. what must the Xtians shithead always stir shit eveery where they go. Is it because they want to use it so as to convert the Muslim by saying thier god is also Allah. All these problems and war is because of these self rigteous Christians bastards who alwasy think they are mightier then thou. that's why the middle east crusade and muslim antagonism would never end as both insists on being right. perfect formula for racial trouble. even in sinkieland we have the churches thinking they are mightier than the garmen and courts and challenging the secular laws. real @ssholes

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, it doesn't bother me what word anyone uses to describe this almighty divine being being, God, Allah, Yahweh, Tua Pek Kong or Donkey Kong. As far as I know, Allah is the word muslims use to designate God, it is NOT a malay originated word. And is anybody here able to let us know how the muslims in Palestine, Syria and Egypt feel about their Christian countrymen using the word Allah? That may be used as a comparison to this behaviour in Malaysia.

Cheers!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
frankly speaking I support the high court. Allah is a malay word for thier god. why can't they stick to their god or heavenly father or holy ghost crap. what must the Xtians shithead always stir shit eveery where they go. Is it because they want to use it so as to convert the Muslim by saying thier god is also Allah. All these problems and war is because of these self rigteous Christians bastards who alwasy think they are mightier then thou. that's why the middle east crusade and muslim antagonism would never end as both insists on being right. perfect formula for racial trouble. even in sinkieland we have the churches thinking they are mightier than the garmen and courts and challenging the secular laws. real @ssholes

You another misguided fool who shoot off the..... "Allah" is an Arabic word.."Arab Christians today use terms such as Allāh al-Ab (الله الأب, 'God the Father') to distinguish their usage from Muslim usage.There are both similarities and differences between the concept of God as portrayed in the Quran and the Hebrew Bible. It has also been applied to certain living human beings as personifications of the term and concept"

Ask the Malays what is their generic term for god...before they were converted to Islam, centuries ago..."Allah" is an Arabic word!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

The High Court does not want to have rioting in the streets if they do the right thing and allow everyone to use Allah for God. So they did the sensible thing even if it there was no basis for it.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 steps back internationally. you can fuck all the prositutes you want . does not mean you should. malaysia is not as backward as the other muslim states. they then screwed themselves with this garbage. a lot of work to protect an imaginary friend

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
honestly who cares. Y would a non Muslim use Allah? To me it means nothing, i am perfectly not using it. just that non Christian don't use Jesus or Oh God unless they having an orgasm.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally, it doesn't bother me what word anyone uses to describe this almighty divine being being, God, Allah, Yahweh, Tua Pek Kong or Donkey Kong. As far as I know, Allah is the word muslims use to designate God, it is NOT a malay originated word. And is anybody here able to let us know how the muslims in Palestine, Syria and Egypt feel about their Christian countrymen using the word Allah? That may be used as a comparison to this behaviour in Malaysia.

Cheers!

Finally, someone who actually talks some sense. The word "Allah" is an Arabic word and malay muslims have no right to hijack ownership of the word.
This court judgement is just another nail in the coffin of secularism in Malaysia and a forward step towards Sharia law.

A huge backward step for the country.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
You another misguided fool who shoot off the..... "Allah" is an Arabic word.."Arab Christians today use terms such as Allāh al-Ab (الله الأب, 'God the Father') to distinguish their usage from Muslim usage.There are both similarities and differences between the concept of God as portrayed in the Quran and the Hebrew Bible. It has also been applied to certain living human beings as personifications of the term and concept"

Ask the Malays what is their generic term for god...before they were converted to Islam, centuries ago..."Allah" is an Arabic word!:rolleyes:

well you as the ultimate stupid fool just proved my point. by using the middle east concept of arab christian versus muslim and trying to import ALL thier trash conflict to us Chinese singaporeans who are majority Taoists or buddhists. you have precisely proved what i said above about this blardy stupid crusade thing .
Until now, Nobody in Malaysia or singapore gives a damn about the lexicon usage about Allah being an arabic word unless you are a university literature professor.
in the SEA context I have never heard any Christian in Singapore or Malysia used the word Allah in their proselytising all these while until now. until now only the muslim in SEA used Allah and the christians used the word god. why try to change NOW?? trying to stir shit and convert over malaysia muslims? You know these assholes are trying to stir shit by provoking them and using sensitive controversial issues like this. at the end of the day if riots break out, it is the majority secular Taoist and buddhist in singapore and malaysia that suffers and get whacked as it degenerates from a religious controversy into into racial riots . these assholes christians and their american pastors would then scurry back to USA if hell breaks out. Don't you see it is a win-win situation for these assholes christians as the Taoist and buddhist majority are the ones who suffers and get possibly eliminated using such devious plans!!!! Fark these asshoies.
. you already see these asshooles trying to challenge the secular sinkie garmen in some aspects of the law and the churches buying commercial preperties and abusing tax laws and day by day openly flout thier arrogance and whatever little power they have. these charismastic churches are the same as radical muslims and orthodox jews(another group of fanatics who think the world belongs to them) in middle east and the source of all troubles today. Why don'tyou tell your christains the Holy Ghost is Buddha and jesus is Tua Pek Kong in disguise. Publish a book on it and see what happens. give them a taste of their own medicine.

Last edited:

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
well you as the ultimate stupid fool just proved my point. by using the middle east concept of arab christian versus muslim and trying to import ALL thier trash conflict to us Chinese singaporeans who are majority Taoists or buddhists. you have precisely proved what i said above about this blardy stupid crusade thing .
Until now, Nobody in Malaysia or singapore gives a damn about the lexicon usage about Allah being an arabic word unless you are a university literature professor.
in the SEA context I have never heard any Christian in Singapore or Malysia used the word Allah in their proselytising all these while until now. until now only the muslim in SEA used Allah and the christians used the word god. why try to change NOW?? trying to stir shit and convert over malaysia muslims? You know these assholes are trying to stir shit by provoking them and using sensitive controversial issues like this. at the end of the day if riots break out, it is the majority secular Taoist and buddhist in singapore and malaysia that suffers and get whacked as it degenerates from a religious controversy into into racial riots . these assholes christians and their american pastors would then scurry back to USA if hell breaks out. Don't you see it is a win-win situation for these assholes christians as the Taoist and buddhist majority are the ones who suffers and get possibly eliminated using such devious plans!!!! Fark these asshoies.
. you already see these asshooles trying to challenge the secular sinkie garmen in some aspects of the law and the churches buying commercial preperties and abusing tax laws and day by day openly flout thier arrogance and whatever little power they have. these charismastic churches are the same as radical muslims and orthodox jews(another group of fanatics who think the world belongs to them) in middle east and the source of all troubles today. Why don'tyou tell your christains the Holy Ghost is Buddha and jesus is Tua Pek Kong in disguise. Publish a book on it and see what happens. give them a taste of their own medicine.

Other than technology, there is really nothing much worth learning from the "west". Sadly, those stuff worthy of learning we didn't learn much. Those useless birdy religious crap we somehow fully took it all in. The main reason I am attracted to this forum is the nice little turd picture awarded to the religion sub category.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does it Mean God?

The word "Allah" is the perfect description of the "One God" of monotheism for Jews, Christians and Muslims!

Is "Allah" only for Islam and Muslims?
[No! It is for All Three Abrahamic Faiths.]

"Allah" is the same word used by Christian Arabs and Jewish Arabs in their Bible, centuries before Islam came.

http://www.godallah.com/

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
honestly who cares. Y would a non Muslim use Allah? To me it means nothing, i am perfectly not using it. just that non Christian don't use Jesus or Oh God unless they having an orgasm.

Precisely! I mean if ur a xtian, i am sure u would utter Oh Jesus...or Oh God! No xtian with right sense of mind would utter Oh Allah!:rolleyes:

Wah, like that can non-Muslims say Allah Akbar when they cum?

Cheers!

Of couse can lah. U can utter any names u like. And if u happen to utter the above, seriously, i think u (as a non-muslim) need an appointment with imh.:biggrin:

Last edited: