• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Driverless Taxi/Cab soon in Singapore??

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Booked a taxi early Monday morning to a catch flight. It was very early, at 3.30am, called them and the taxi arrives 5 minutes later. No need to talk to anybody, just punch in your postal code and presto, the taxi arrives outside your block.

They even gave a return called to the mobile phone that you did the booking on to let you know the taxi is waiting.

The thought is will the taxi/cab companies even be looking at going for driverless taxi/cab in the foreseeable future, with the advent of GPS, self parking cars, or they are already looking into this.

It reminds me of the show, Total Recall (1990), where Arnold Schwarzenegger (Dennis Quaid) got into a cab to getaway from the police, featuring a Driverless cab. That's a good 24 years ago and perhaps it's coming on soon.

Scary!! as it will be good for the shareholders and bad for the taxi drivers.
PMETs last resort job also going off soon. :(:(:(

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its 3.30 it the morning,barely any passengers around.u could have been in chua chu kang cemetery and raised ur thumb a taxi will be zooming past u in 60 seconds.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually hor, being a taxi driver got its perks, when i have a question on the market, i will go hang around the banks in the financial district and pick up a banker or trader, if lucky, a chio female banker. when i feel like seeing young chio bus, i will go hang around orchard rd. see...where can find such job? :o

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually hor, being a taxi driver got its perks, when i have a question on the market, i will go hang around the banks in the financial district and pick up a banker or trader, if lucky, a chio female banker. when i feel like seeing young chio bus, i will go hang around orchard rd. see...where can find such job? :o

With Driverless cabs, this lobang no more liao.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Booked a taxi early Monday morning to a catch flight. It was very early, at 3.30am, called them and the taxi arrives 5 minutes later. No need to talk to anybody, just punch in your postal code and presto, the taxi arrives outside your block.

They even gave a return called to the mobile phone that you did the booking on to let you know the taxi is waiting.

The thought is will the taxi/cab companies even be looking at going for driverless taxi/cab in the foreseeable future, with the advent of GPS, self parking cars, or they are already looking into this.

It reminds me of the show, Total Recall (1990), where Arnold Schwarzenegger (Dennis Quaid) got into a cab to getaway from the police, featuring a Driverless cab. That's a good 24 years ago and perhaps it's coming on soon.

Scary!! as it will be good for the shareholders and bad for the taxi drivers.
PMETs last resort job also going off soon. :(:(:(

Rain is falling and at the cross road once again atau apa?:confused: