• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Dragon King Orders RI To Take In Losers And Betas! Giving In To Oppie Populist Pressure?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The same holds true in Singapore.
That is why my comment was "barking up the wrong tree". If only the elite can make the grade to go RI, something is wrong with the schools, teachers and teaching method as non-elite relied more on the school system for their kids' performance.

Well, since the smoke is out let's wait for the fire.

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am an employer, I will not hire anyone from RI.

Cat High and ACS trains boys to be men. RI trains boys to be selfish and kiasu Singaporeans.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Barking up the wrong tree.

In the 70s, about 50% of RI students are from poor families. By the 90s, maybe only 10% are from poor families.

Big bullshit that good students from poor families don't choose RI for fear of not being able to cope with mingling with the rich. The truth is few poor students can make the grade to RI.

The rich can afford good tuition and parents have knowledge to coach the kids. The poor goes neighborhood tuition center. Struggled to employ maid to spoil the kids.

What about the schools? Good teachers leave, and becomes a place for accumulation of " those who can't teach". Unless one is self motivated and super intelligent, he/she cannot get the grade to go RI just by attending school lessons. On top of the fact that most teachers don't or can't teach, the psle exam questions have reached ridiculous level. School teaches only 1+1=2. But the psle exam questions you way beyond that.

I disagree with ur theory of nurture over nature.....most students in elite schools come from rich elite backgrounds cause their parents have already been tested and proven to have superior genes and Intel.these elite parents have already booked their spots in elite schools from birth,because statistically and mathematically wise their children tend to perform better.....of course there may be one or two duds here and there....or turn out to be pretty normal,nothing is certain in life,ur iq will fall within a range of ur parents',like one or two bars on the distribution curve.....of course occasionally a freak of nature is born.

Over the decades the elite population in Singapore has been established,most of the coolie and farmer talent if u can call that talent has been sieved and filtered and separated from the rest of the population and groomed.....the remaining is the bottom 80 percent of the inferior peasant stock,the remaining of the crude oil,the substrate from the filtrate,the gutter junk from the gutter oil,now not saying all of them are stupid,but it will be harder and rarer for one of them to make it to a elite school,they will follow a distribution curve,50 percent will be below average or average,32.5 percent will be slightly above average or average,only the top 15 or 17.5 percent will be considered smart enough,in fact considering the bottom 80 percent come from a inferior gene stock,it will be even harder and rarer,I say only the top 5 or 10 percent can make it.

U might say that is unfair,but it is the hard truth,the top 10 or 15 percent of ITE or Poly is not as impressive as the top 10,15 percent of vjc,rjc....sure they are still good students,but the vjc will still beat them hands down...so u have to narrow the range of ur viewfinder,maybe only the top 3 to 5 percent of ITE might stand a chance against the typical VJC student.

So if u are lucky even if u came from some low class peasant family,with a extremely good roll of the dice,u might end up among the top 5,10 percent and still have a decent future.if u throw top 0.1 percent of the dice and win the genetic lotto,u can become the next chan Chun seng,I won't say Warren buffet or Elon musk because sinkies are coolies and farmers,job classes of coolies and farmers are limited....if u went to sing post and look at the stamp collection job classes of early Singaporeans,there's samsui woman,rickshaw pullers,hawker,PAP dog or administrator/lackey.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am an employer, I will not hire anyone from RI.

Cat High and ACS trains boys to be men. RI trains boys to be selfish and kiasu Singaporeans.
If u are small biz n not MNC or GLC or civil serpent service. These elite boys won't even work for u. They are all set for life by the pappies or are tow Kay sons. They don't need u.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If u are small biz n not MNC or GLC or civil serpent service. These elite boys won't even work for u. They are all set for life by the pappies or are tow Kay sons. They don't need u.
Don't worry fts pwn sinkies at the end of the day....the most these losers can do is join the civil service and have a boring unremarkable and unfulfilling rise to the top as a paper scholar.unless one of them got the guts to quit their high paying job like jeff bezos and set up amazon.regret minimization framework he calls it do u want to be a office drone at age 50 or follow ur dreams.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry fts pwn sinkies at the end of the day....the most these losers can do is join the civil service and have a boring unremarkable and unfulfilling rise to the top as a paper scholar.unless one of them got the guts to quit their high paying job like jeff bezos and set up amazon.regret minimization framework he calls it do u want to be a office drone at age 50 or follow ur dreams.
Having a golden rice bowl from pap is better than being a Steve Jobs etc. Work less n get more

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I disagree with ur theory of nurture over nature.....most students in elite schools come from rich elite backgrounds cause their parents have already been tested and proven to have superior genes and Intel.these elite parents have already booked their spots in elite schools from birth,because statistically and mathematically wise their children tend to perform better.....of course there may be one or two duds here and there....or turn out to be pretty normal,nothing is certain in life,ur iq will fall within a range of ur parents',like one or two bars on the distribution curve.....of course occasionally a freak of nature is born.

Over the decades the elite population in Singapore has been established,most of the coolie and farmer talent if u can call that talent has been sieved and filtered and separated from the rest of the population and groomed.....the remaining is the bottom 80 percent of the inferior peasant stock,the remaining of the crude oil,the substrate from the filtrate,the gutter junk from the gutter oil,now not saying all of them are stupid,but it will be harder and rarer for one of them to make it to a elite school,they will follow a distribution curve,50 percent will be below average or average,32.5 percent will be slightly above average or average,only the top 15 or 17.5 percent will be considered smart enough,in fact considering the bottom 80 percent come from a inferior gene stock,it will be even harder and rarer,I say only the top 5 or 10 percent can make it.

U might say that is unfair,but it is the hard truth,the top 10 or 15 percent of ITE or Poly is not as impressive as the top 10,15 percent of vjc,rjc....sure they are still good students,but the vjc will still beat them hands down...so u have to narrow the range of ur viewfinder,maybe only the top 3 to 5 percent of ITE might stand a chance against the typical VJC student.

So if u are lucky even if u came from some low class peasant family,with a extremely good roll of the dice,u might end up among the top 5,10 percent and still have a decent future.if u throw top 0.1 percent of the dice and win the genetic lotto,u can become the next chan Chun seng,I won't say Warren buffet or Elon musk because sinkies are coolies and farmers,job classes of coolies and farmers are limited....if u went to sing post and look at the stamp collection job classes of early Singaporeans,there's samsui woman,rickshaw pullers,hawker,PAP dog or administrator/lackey.
I understand and agree with your assumption. Yes, we need to have "nature" first so that it is easier to "nurture". However, many rich kids are also struggling to get top grades. Their parents are the driving force behind the creation of super tutors. They hunt down the best tutors and got the results they want. Why can't the school teachers teach the same way like to achieve the same results? Is it the problem of ratio of teacher to student? Don't think so because it is conducted in groups and only 1 lesson per week.

Back to gene pool. Therefore if by chance a non elite happens to produce a smart kid today, the chance for him or her to make the grade is lesser now because of the education system. The questions is so much harder now but the teaching standard is lower. So usually ultra intelligence is needed if not then engage the service of super tutor.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah. sg becumming island of superlatives. ultra intelligence. super tutors. top elite schools. straight a's. highest scores. best scholarship. fastest climb to generalissimo. what if all these superlatives apply to one chosen seat warmer?
chan-chun-sing-nod.gif

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Is it the problem of ratio of teacher to student? Don't think so because it is conducted in groups and only 1 lesson per week.
Back to gene pool.

What is the norm of the class size for the tuition centres? What is the norm of the class size in schools?

I don't really believe in eugenics.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the norm of the class size for the tuition centres? What is the norm of the class size in schools?

I don't really believe in eugenics.
This super tutor class size is usually limit to 20. Normal school class size is 40. However, we need to remember that students attend this tuition only once a week, max 2 hours, while students go to school everyday.

Why the big difference it results? Is it class size that makes the effectiveness of teaching to be so much better from 2 hrs per week at tuition as compared to more than 10 hrs per week in school?

It is true that in school, there are bad hats that disrupt the lessons. However, I have parents from top JC asking for super tutors. Amazingly, their kids grade improved from C to A. Why?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed if we use absolute value to compare the poor in the 70s and now. I should use "comparatively poorer". Would be interesting to find out the percentage of RI kids living in 4-rm hdb flats and below.
Should be pretty high as LHL said in the news yesterday that 50% of RI students living in HDB.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should be pretty high as LHL said in the news yesterday that 50% of RI students living in HDB.
50 percent of R.I. students live in 5 rm hdb flats and above......which is pretty high considering 80 percent of the sinkie population are hdb dwellers......

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the info. Really surprising to me. In the 90s when I had more dealings with them, I remembered most students don't have hdb address.

Just a guess, the rise maybe from prc and other new citizens. Their kids are extremely hardworking.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is good that LHL speak up on social mobility and he is absolutely correct that there are many such loser sinkies around flaunting their social advantages and look down on others less well off and privileged.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...y 17, 2018 (ACTIVE)_newsletter_17052018_today

He added: "That is as it should be. We must discourage people from flaunting their social advantages. We should frown upon those who go for ostentatious displays of wealth and status, or worse, look down on others less well-off and privileged. We should emphasise our commonalities, not accentuate our differences."

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
how do u stop a self fulfilling prophecy from coming true?the only reason in the past the students of R.I came from diverse backgrounds because Singapore was still relatively poor back then and most sinkie coolie and farmers were mostly uneducated or lowly educated so the students came from poor backgrounds as well as rich.....as time went by.the students from r.i. and those popular elite schools grew up and took up higher paying white collar professional jobs,they also tend to have smart children so these smart children end up in elite schools,these children have smart parents who tend to be high earners and also graduates from elite schools themselves,the cycle of reinforcement begins....its not a coincidence that the students that enrolled in elite schools tend to have parents who came from elite schools u know and married spouses from elite schools and have children that end up in elite schools,its not a matter of deliberate human action or prejudice,its a fact of life,darwin's evolution.

of course the only problem with these is if the smart sinkies only breed with other smart sinkies,the gene pool could become stale and repeated,because sinkies gene pool is already limited to begin with,30,000 babies born each year,top 10 or 20 percent mating with each other,we talking about 3000 to 6000 selectively farking each other,sinkie gene pool is gonna become a freak show of hillbilly incest and deliverance and albinos and deranged hobbits like lky's offspring.bad and deleterious genes get trapped within the elite gene pool cause they have nowhere to go,no fresh genetic material from outside to mix and replace with.i encourage our sinkie women to open up and be farked by ang moh dua kees and high caste shytskins in order to produce the next generation of super sinkies.
Dont worry nature is righting it. All the so called elites have cancer. LKY, a certain judge, dont let those diseased cunts near us. need a protection order

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info. Really surprising to me. In the 90s when I had more dealings with them, I remembered most students don't have hdb address.

Just a guess, the rise maybe from prc and other new citizens. Their kids are extremely hardworking.
According to the same news link that I pasted above, RI has become less diverse over the years, not more diverse. So in the 1990s, the percentage of students living in HDB should be higher.

“Mr Lee cited his recent conversation with Education Minister Ong Ye Kung, where he was told that RI — which has a strong tradition of accepting students from diverse backgrounds, so long as they make the cut — has become "less diverse" over the years.”

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
50 percent of R.I. students live in 5 rm hdb flats and above......which is pretty high considering 80 percent of the sinkie population are hdb dwellers......
Ya should be 80% to be really egalitarian. Give more scholarships and bursaries to do the trick.

“However, the parents' fear was unfounded "because in reality, RI students still come from varied backgrounds". Just over half of the students (53 per cent) live in public housing, and all the students get along confidently and comfortably, Mr Lee said.

He added that bursaries and scholarships are readily available, and no parent needs to worry that they cannot afford to send his child to RI, or that his child will feel out of place.”

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to the same news link that I pasted above, RI has become less diverse over the years, not more diverse. So in the 1990s, the percentage of students living in HDB should be higher.

“Mr Lee cited his recent conversation with Education Minister Ong Ye Kung, where he was told that RI — which has a strong tradition of accepting students from diverse backgrounds, so long as they make the cut — has become "less diverse" over the years.”
Perhaps my judgement was bad. However, the word used by lhl was "diverse". Wonder what he means especially if 50% of students comes from hdb community. The distribution is not that skewed unlike those elite school. They probably have some thing new to implement.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps my judgement was bad. However, the word used by lhl was "diverse". Wonder what he means especially if 50% of students comes from hdb community. The distribution is not that skewed unlike those elite school. They probably have some thing new to implement.
He probably means that last time 80% came from HDB whereas now only 53%. So it has become more elite and thus less diverse.