• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr M likely will cut the highspeed rail to SG53

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U think Mahathir stupid ? The HSR will stay. Just that the original awarded companies will change. Instead they will be awarded to PKH related companies.

Cant be. The newly elected DAP Lim as Finance minister will see to it tat all tenders must be transparent.:rolleyes:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You ask yourself. Which is worse , Najip or Mahathir ?
Now Mahathir Stars are shining bright. Everyone is attracted to that North Star. This Star signal Hope, Glory and a New Dawn with New Idea. He rescue Malaysia and Malaysian from the evil clutches of Najip and his wife from Certain destruction.

Now pray and tell me, does anyone still want to be reminded of Mahathir's Sin ?

I prefer Mahathir. He wont allow his nation to be bullied or push around.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U think Mahathir stupid ? The HSR will stay. Just that the original awarded companies will change. Instead they will be awarded to PKH related companies.
Looks like you ain't that smart either.
If all original awarded companies will be changed as they wished, then the original T&C that was reflected in the signed contact will be breached as well.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun think there was any contracts awarded yet, except for the signed MOU between SG n MY.
on the SG side, only 1 contract for the arch design of the station awarded.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is strategically true. If Malaysia cut off EVERYTHING from SG, it gains more than lost. SG use transportation efficiency to tap away much of resources especially human resources from Malaysia. Cut off SG, Malaysia will rise up faster and SG sink faster. SG since colonial time tap so much of Malaysian resources starting from water; mineral; primary productions; human; market; etc. SG caused Malaysian development to slow down or regress.
Good. That way we can mass deport all the mudlanders in Singkieland. I for one will be glad to get rid of mad khaw and Janil

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You ask yourself. Which is worse , Najip or Mahathir ?
Now Mahathir Stars are shining bright. Everyone is attracted to that North Star. This Star signal Hope, Glory and a New Dawn with New Idea. He rescue Malaysia and Malaysian from the evil clutches of Najip and his wife from Certain destruction.

Now pray and tell me, does anyone still want to be reminded of Mahathir's Sin ?
Najib is the product from Mahathir rule.
I am not against Mahathir or in favour of Najib. Just stating my opinion so relax.
Supporting Mahathir won't get me any contracts and favouring Najib I will not receive a Hermes Birkin from Rosmah.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hsr will benefit mudlaysia but not sg. the hsr connection to sg is a lost cause as i’ve pointed out in the jb folder.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask yourself honestly as a Singaporean; do you need the HSR, which is less than 1% in Singapore.??
Oso, the crooked bridge is not so bad an idea. The unique structure will definitely be a tourist attraction and will add to the attractions of northern Singapore

Let me see. Singapore portion of high speed rail onky 5%. One station in jurong and half a bridge.
Malaysian portion, 95%, 8 stations, half a bridge plus numerous other bidges full bridges and hundreds of kilometres of tracks.
Malaysia gets the brunt of the debts. Singkies gets the same facilities for 5% of the cost. And 50% of the decision making.

The crooked bridge will allow leisure craft to pass underneath and will be good dor marina development and leisure craft businesses. But i would prefer if the bridge is straight.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
there're many in m'sia who're already not in favour of this HSR once it was known that it'll take over 12 yrs and huge cost to build it..
The ktm double tracking and electrification not even completed yet. Was cancelled by badawi and has just commence by najib early this year. How to build hsr like this?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
When HSR is a reality, you find that people working in Singapore n be enjoying their money in Johore and KL day in day out. Other then turning Jurong into another orchard road. ... There is not much benefit flowing out for Singapore.
Most likely, multinationals may decide to close down its offices in KL and move to singapore where the white men prefer to stay. Company save on cost and no KL office. Everything operate from singaporre.
Of course, it may be in reverse but not likely if you take hong kong as a example.nobody move to lower cost shenzhen except manufacturers.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mind hopping on a high speed train & get to KL in say 3 hrs? rather than fly or go by bus. There is strategic reasons why the PAP government is adamant on not having the crooked bridge; though it is not a bad idea & make faster traffic both ways; but then again....if Singapore CIQ is going to be always like the song says, " jailor man, sailor sam, is searching every one" & everything...bridge, etc..no use. You will still get the JAMS!!
If badawi had not cancellled the ktm electeification and double tracking 15 years ago, you would be able to travel to KL from tg pagar in 3.5 hours.and tickets would be cheap compared to high speed rail.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is strategically true. If Malaysia cut off EVERYTHING from SG, it gains more than lost. SG use transportation efficiency to tap away much of resources especially human resources from Malaysia. Cut off SG, Malaysia will rise up faster and SG sink faster. SG since colonial time tap so much of Malaysian resources starting from water; mineral; primary productions; human; market; etc. SG caused Malaysian development to slow down or regress.
Singapore was designed to be the commercial hub of malay peninsular by the british. Notice how the rail line from both east and west coast in peninsular ends up in tg pagar and straight to the port.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ktm double tracking and electrification not even completed yet. Was cancelled by badawi and has just commence by najib early this year. How to build hsr like this?

can be done; provided got $$$, got time.... but when it's completed. . up & running, many of us here will oredi be up on the lorry..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If badawi had not cancellled the ktm electeification and double tracking 15 years ago, you would be able to travel to KL from tg pagar in 3.5 hours.and tickets would be cheap compared to high speed rail.

Still A HSR, a better ride...I have traveled by KTM Trains over the many years...from Singapore to KL...slow train, normal ones, express one...nothing will beat a HSR one.