• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DPM Teo praises China-born Feng’s bronze for ‘galvanizing’ local sports

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]DPM Teo praises China-born Feng’s bronze for ‘galvanizing’ local sports[/h]Posted by temasektimes on August 3, 2012

Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean has lavished generous praises on China-born Feng Tianwei for winning a bronze medal in the women’s singles at the London Olympics.

“It’s like a tent pole….You put the tent pole high, you raise the standards for everyone, and I think this is what it has done for sports in Singapore,” DPM Teo said.

A native of China’s Heilongjiang province in its northeast, Feng only ‘became’ a ‘Singaporean in 2007.

Despite the positive propaganda churned out by the state media to ‘celebrate’ her win, the response from the ground has been lukewarm so far with many netizens criticizing Feng for throwing flowers at the PRC fans after the match.

However, DPM Teo was optimistic that Feng’s win will ‘inspire’ more Singaporeans to take up the sports.

“And you can see that, over a number of years, in different sports, their standards and aspirational levels have been brought up and people say: ‘Yeah, we can do that!’ I hope that inspires many more Singaporeans to take up sports and to do well.”

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
“It’s like a tent pole….You put the tent pole high, you raise the standards for everyone, and I think this is what it has done for sports in Singapore,” DPM Teo said.

Our very own Mr Tan Howe Liang 陈浩亮 did better than that On 8 September 1960 in Rome when we were very poor.I still remember that day.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Our very own Mr Tan Howe Liang 陈浩亮 did better than that On 8 September 1960 in Rome when we were very poor.I still remember that day.

A lot of people envy you, to be able to experience the true euphoria first hand. We are still waiting for a chance to experience that. Hopefully in my life time.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honestly speaking, even if Sinking land won the most gold medals in the olympics, what difference does it make to the peasants? Got more money? Got more job opportunities or got more 'face'?

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes,young man that was the day when I was very proud to be in Singapore although my heart was with crazy chairman Mao then,those were the days.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Honestly speaking, even if Sinking land won the most gold medals in the olympics, what difference does it make to the peasants? Got more money? Got more job opportunities or got more 'face'?

well said....................

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes the Admiral should watch his rear, he might just sit on the "tent pole".
"Rear Admiral" time for you open your eyes/

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When I see picture of naked Pamela Anderson, I also got "tent pole" in my pants. Is DPM saying Feng "raises" his tent pole when he sees her? Like that where got standard one.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got difference if peasants could get involved in betting every sports that Sinkies participated.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you need to raise the standard;

1. Use the current winner in the games as a standard to exceed.
2. Get good trainer and coach.
3. Send players for more tournments.

No need get FTs to break the morale and pride of the team.

It is about the journey and what we do that will instill pride, committment and identity!!!!!!!!!!

If your kid is not doing well in his/her studies in school, do you think of engaging a tutor, or just adopt a new child???????????

What do you think, har :confused:

[h=2]

“It’s like a tent pole….You put the tent pole high, you raise the standards for everyone, and I think this is what it has done for sports in Singapore,”[/B] DPM Teo said.

Last edited:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Howe Liang: The One and Only.

Born in Shantou, China, Tan was the third of seven siblings. In 1937, he emigrated with his family from China to settle in Chinatown of Singapore. Tan's Teochew father died in a death-house at Sago Lane in Chinatown when he was 14. Tan left school after his first year at a secondary school.

A True Blue Sinkie that will always be remembered and respected by Sinkies for being the only
Olympian Silver Medalist, to date, the rest are FAKE.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rear Admirer lau pui now that Hong Kong produced a another local talent, Bronze medallist !!!

HKSAR GOVT PRESS RELEASE

SHA congratulates Hong Kong delegation on winning Olympic bronze medal
The Secretary for Home Affairs, Mr Tsang Tak-sing, today (August 4) congratulated Lee Wai-sze on winning the first London 2012 Olympic Games bronze medal for Hong Kong.

Lee Wai-sze won a bronze medal in the Women’s Keirin event at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Mr Tsang said, “Lee Wai-sze, a home-grown elite cyclist, has excelled herself and fully demonstrated sportsmanship.

“Lee Wai-sze has contributed to Hong Kong’s Olympics medal tally, bringing not only honour to the Hong Kong people, but also encouragement to athletes of the Hong Kong delegation.”

He said he looked forward to all Hong Kong athletes giving their best and attaining outstanding performance in the upcoming Olympic competitions.

Ends/Saturday, August 4, 2012
Issued at HKT 02:28

NNNN

Congratulations, Sarah Lee Wai Sze, for the Bronze.

Despite cycling injuries that forced her to retire, but she went against doctors' advice and return to competitive cycling.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
See the difference?

Before World War Two and and commine indoctrination.

Tan Howe Liang: The One and Only.

Born in Shantou, China, Tan was the third of seven siblings. In 1937, he emigrated with his family from China to settle in Chinatown of Singapore. Tan's Teochew father died in a death-house at Sago Lane in Chinatown when he was 14. Tan left school after his first year at a secondary school.

A True Blue Sinkie that will always be remembered and respected by Sinkies for being the only
Olympian Silver Medalist, to date, the rest are FAKE.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can anyone tell DPM TCH to keep his mouth shut. Everything come from his mouth is stink like shit.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SHA congratulates Hong Kong delegation on winning Olympic bronze medal

Congratulations, Sarah Lee Wai Sze, for the Bronze.

Despite cycling injuries that forced her to retire, but she went against doctors' advice and return to competitive cycling.
HK ever got gold before. Sinkieland smell no fart.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can anyone tell DPM TCH to keep his mouth shut. Everything come from his mouth is stink like shit.

It's shows the fuckface is not aware of what's the sentiment on the ground.
This bronze is dividing the nation....maybe it's their plan all along.