• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious DONATE = 5-Yr-Old Boy With Liver Cancer Has 10 Days Left For Life-Saving Operation !!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy from the Indons..it cheaper

ABC Home
OpenSitesmenu - use enter key to open and tab key to navigate
Search ABC NewsOpen menu
NEWS HOME
Kidneys for sale: Cash-strapped Indonesians turn to Facebook to sell organs
BY TRACEY SHELTON, IFFAH NUR ARIFAH, AND ERWIN RENALDIUPDATED EARLIER TODAY AT 12:06AM
Email Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

PHOTO
In Indonesia, there is a market for selling organs through Facebook groups.
REUTERS: FABRIZIO BENSCH, FILE
For those in need of a kidney transplant in Indonesia, medical experts say Facebook is proving more effective than official organ registries when it comes to finding donors.
Key points:
  • Middlemen offer to set up auctions and connect sellers to buyers
  • People often sell organs to pay off debts
  • Indonesia has low organ donation rates but around 150,000 with kidney failure
The Indonesian Dialysis Community (KPCDI) estimates around 150,000 patients are suffering from kidney failure in Indonesia.
Chairman Tony Samosir told the ABC that while selling organs is against the law, the black market is the only hope for the vast majority of patients.
"It's easy to get offers of commercial kidney organs on the internet, there are even certain groups of kidney donor brokers on social media," he said.
"It's like general trade, people openly sell their kidneys to pay off debts, medical expenses, start a business … No money, no kidney."​
Mr Samosir said prices range from 100 to 350 million rupiah ($9,270 to $32,430) or even into the billions of rupiah in some cases.
'Even if I have to die, I don't mind'
PHOTO Some listings for kidneys spoke of heavy debts and the need to provide for young families.
FACEBOOK

A search on Facebook revealed more than 30 accounts acting as a mediator for those looking to sell their organs — some even featured kidney auctions for interested recipients.
"I'm 19 years old and I really need money to cover medical treatment for my dad who had a stroke," one poster wrote on Facebook.
"My mom is also sick and we need to pay our debt. Please help us by buying my kidney."​
"I really want to make my wife and my daughter happy so they can buy things, so please help me," read another post.
"Even if I have to die, I don't mind as long as they are happy. Please contact me."
Others posts listed heavy debts and the need to provide for a young family as reasons for the sale.
"The reason why I want to sell [my kidney] is because I want to pay my massive debt. I don't want to lose my family," Adi, who posted his kidney offer on Facebook, told the ABC, adding that the debt accumulated after he borrowed money for his wedding.
In his post he said he wants to clear his debt so he can be "a father figure" to his three-month-old son.
"There have been a couple of people contacting me with enquires but no serious offers," Adi said. He is hoping to get around $5,000.
Push to introduce 'opt-out' laws on organ harvesting
PHOTO KPCDI are lobbying for the establishment of a National Transplant Committee in Indonesia.
SUPPLIED

Indonesia has a very low organ donation rate according to the Global Observatory on Donation and Transplantation — at the same time, kidney failure imposes the second largest cost to Indonesia's healthcare system after heart disease.
Tony Samosir says his organisation is lobbying for the establishment of a National Transplant Committee to work towards increasing kidney donations.
"If we want to donate blood, we know we have to go to Indonesian Red Cross, if we want to donate our cornea, we go to the eye bank," he said.​
"But if we want to donate our kidney or other organs, where do you go? If there was a committee, we could boost people's awareness and campaign about kidney donating."
There has also been a recent push to update Indonesian law to establish an "opt-out" system on organ donation — allowing organs to be harvested from anyone who does not register as a non-donor.
Organ and tissue donation in Australia
  • In 2017, there were 510 deceased and 273 living organ donors
  • Around 1,400 Australians are currently waitlisted for a transplant
  • 1 in 3 Australians are registered donors
  • All major religions including Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Judaism support organ and tissue donation

Source: DonateLife
"In the Philippines, if there are accident victims, unidentified bodies or victims of crime, within six hours doctors can take their corneas without needing approval because of their opt-out system," said Tjahjono Gondowiardjo, the head of Indonesia's Eye Bank Institution.
"In Singapore also, all their citizens are organ donors unless they object or opt-out. We don't have such a law."​
But Health Ministry spokesman Budi Sampurno said this system was not an option for Indonesia.
"A hard opt-out system that presumes all their citizen to have consented to organ donation regardless of their or their family's wishes can actually be considered violating human rights, and it is only applied by autocratic countries such as Singapore," he said.
However Mr Sampurno said a new donor registry system would be put in place soon, allowing willing donors to be assessed for eligibility, verified and registered.
POSTED FRI AT 3:50AM
Email Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
RELATED
Organ donors and religion: The myths and misconceptions
Teenage kidney recipient leads push to overhaul organ donation system
Top Stories
  1. NSW Nationals not 'safe harbour' for alt-right extremists, says MP
  2. Opinion: The New Nazis: How the meme-rich world of the internet is a threat to Australia
  3. Saudi Arabia threatens to retaliate against sanctions over missing journalist
  4. Supercell hail strike on rural town of Yengarie sparks scenes of 'nuclear winter'
  5. Anonymous letter leads to discovery of 11 dead babies in funeral home ceiling
  6. Loved ones could blacklist problem gamblers under Clubs NSW plan
  7. Wildlife carer suffers punctured lung after being attacked by '6 foot' kangaroo
  8. The island being sent 400 years back in time
  9. Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner 'likely' paid no income tax for years
  10. PM announces $52m extra funding for Headspace
  11. Neil Perry restaurant group back pays $1.6m to staff
  12. Diamonds go down to Silver Ferns in shock Constellation Cup loss
  13. Emu milkshake? Demand for eggs 'eight times the size of a chicken's' skyrockets
  14. Australian public to help pick next year's song for Eurovision
  15. Blue agave crop to be burnt at sugar mill for power generation
  16. Analysis: The US Supreme Court may be undermined for years to come
  17. Princess Eugenie releases official photos of wedding day
  18. Scientists use gene editing to make mice with two mums
  19. Diplomatic life inside North Korea: 'Superficial, difficult, and controlled'
  20. Tiny Gibraltar enjoys historic first competitive football win after anthem blunder
  21. 'A great signal': Thousands rally in Berlin against racism and discrimination
MORE FROM ABC NEWS
Top of pageChange to standard view

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://uk.gofundme.com/CharliesChapter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...-live.html

poor boy's liver cancer relapsed and now need to get a transplant in USA ........need to raise over SGD 1.5 Million..........donate 1 or 2 dollars also good........
It's better to just let the kid move on. It's pointless to let the whole family n the kid suffer to enrich the medical corporations. And basically the kids whole life is fucked. Why extend his suffering? Also why beggar thy neighbour? Everyone has problems of their own. This is nothing but selfishness n greed on the family n death is part of life deal with it

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I donate every day to the PAP., don't ask me to donate anymore....don't know if I die, my body parts will be still mine or not, or once again I donate to the PAP.
For they shout. 'HOTA!, HOTA!, HOTA!" with the scalpel in their hand.

HOTA! HOTA! HOTA!...I have already donated.