• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boy Sells Onions Every Morning Before School for Brother’s $90,000 Medical Debt

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Boy Sells Onions Every Morning Before School for Brother’s $90,000 Medical Debt

An 11-year-old boy from China has dedicated his childhood to earning money for his younger brother’s medical bills by selling spring onions every morning before he goes to school.

Yan Yihang, who lives in a small city in Henan province, wakes up as early as 6 a.m. every day to walk to town and sell onions.

All the money he earns from sales goes to helping his 7-year-old brother, Yan Ce, who suffers from a rare blood disease called aplastic anemia, Daily Mail reported.

“I want to save my brother. I want to go to school with him together,” Yan told local reporters. “These vegetables are grown by my family and I want to earn some money by selling them.”

1jysghdfhajskdughaksmjdhakjyg.jpg
via Pear Video

However, when asked why he didn’t ask for donations, the fifth-grade student said he wanted to earn money from his own efforts.

Yan’s younger brother was diagnosed in 2015 and needed a life-saving bone marrow transplant. His family took the boy to the capital’s hospital as his father continued to work in another city as a laborer to pay for the growing medical bills.

2ukysdkfijaksudhaksjdhkaywhdasd.jpg
via Pear Video

His grandparents, who are both farmers, reportedly borrowed money from their friends and relatives to help pay the bill which has reached more than 700,000 yuan ($98,756) in the span of four years.

Aplastic anemia is a condition in which the body stops producing enough blood cells, according to the Mayo Clinic. Doctors would usually recommend a bone marrow transplant in order for the body to start the production of blood cells.

Yan stepped up to be a donor as he was a match for his younger brother and the operation was performed in June 2018.

“It was a little painful, but I was not scared. Because only through this could my brother recover quickly,” Yan told Pear Video as he recalls the experience he had with the operation.

3ksduyghfalksijdkaugwhdkmjashdkjhasgd.jpg
via Pear Video

The boy wakes up at five in the morning every day to pluck spring onions and go to the market to sell his harvest before going to school. His vegetable stall was previously owned by his 66-year-old grandmother before he took over when she had a stroke in March and had to be hospitalized.

He sells spring onions one yuan ($0.14) per bunch through their self-service stall. However, business doesn’t always go well for Yan as he told reporters he once earned 50 yuan ($7.50) in a day, but other times, he sold nothing.

4uyhskdjfkaughsdkjawhdkjah.jpg

via Pear Video

Yan managed to earn 1,182 yuan ($166) with four months of hard work.
5kghsadfjkaushgdkajshdkajshd.jpg
via Pear Video

“My son has grown up and knows how to share responsibility with me,” his mother, who was surprised when he pulled out his banknotes from his backpack, said as her eyes started to tear up.

Images Screenshot via Pear Video

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should have just let the sick brother be Soylent Green tat way the family can move on and not drag the family down. In addition the sick brother is suffering n treatment has no end. The only beneficiaries are the doctors n medical corporations

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a fantastic, courageous and loving boy!

So unlike the vast majority of his age who are spoiled rotten, pampered and rebellious in China and the rest of the world, including Singapore.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
selling onions is no big deal. I know a few forummers here are forced to sell backside to black americans and that is why they are so pissed off now and every day post nonsense materials about China and US